The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University of Liverpool Applicants Thread 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hdaindak
Want to apply to liverpool but heard lots of rumours about the city is it rough?

http://www.sevenstreets.com/liverpool-named-as-the-second-safest-city-to-live-in/

I think it used to be quite bad but it has got much better now :smile:
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
I've got an offer for BA geography for ABB, however I think I'm likely to only get BBB, will they still accept me does anyone think?
Original post by jennygracet
I've got an offer for BA geography for ABB, however I think I'm likely to only get BBB, will they still accept me does anyone think?

They might do! Quite a few people who did law (offer was ABB) this year got in with BBB so I wouldn't lose hope, let's just think positively :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aisha1096
HI, I have applied to univeristy of Liverpool for Accountancy and Finance with a placement year. I have heard alot rumours.. I'm from rochdale and ill be travelling for the first year to liverpool.. is anyone else from rochdale?

Hi, I've also applied to Accountancy and Finance with a year in industry :smile:
I'm from Bradford. What subjects did you study?
Original post by usman112
I got into UOL and Man met but I want to go to uol but don't want to move away from home (Manchester) is there any point in commuting to Liverpool? or does it make more scene getting accommodation, also wanted to know how many days I will be in for at UOL as I know at Manchester met its only three days.

any help/advice would be appreciated

If you get in to Liverpool they will tell you your timetable around August after results day. It is possible to commute from Manchester to Liverpool, and have seen people do it but I wouldn't suggest it. You're better off living in Liverpool and exploring the city, making new friends than running back and forth from city to city :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm in the exact same position, but for BSc Geography... I think the Geog department are lenient at Liverpool :smile:
Original post by SianTee
I'm in the exact same position, but for BSc Geography... I think the Geog department are lenient at Liverpool :smile:

Ahh good I hope so haha !
Original post by SophieLisa96
Hey I'm studying business and although my offer was ABB I still was accepted with ABC =)

Hey, I've firmed Uni of Liverpool with the course Business Economics with a year in industry. My entry requirements are ABB but I feel as though I may achieve ABC. Do I ring Liverpool up on the morning of results day to see what the situation is or will UCAS tell me if I'm in or not straight away? I don't like the idea of being in the loop til 4:30 haha
Original post by rahulkaushal97
Hey, I've firmed Uni of Liverpool with the course Business Economics with a year in industry. My entry requirements are ABB but I feel as though I may achieve ABC. Do I ring Liverpool up on the morning of results day to see what the situation is or will UCAS tell me if I'm in or not straight away? I don't like the idea of being in the loop til 4:30 haha

I'm in the exact same situation. I'm not really sure how this entire process works but from what I've read on forums people have been saying that the universities you've applied to receive your results a week before results day. Apparently the people who have met their offers are automatically accepted and those who don't are considered (if they are not short of their offers). E.g. If your offer was AAA and you get DDD you'd most likely be outright rejected, but if you got AAB you might be considered and be accepted regardless.

Almost deffo that they'll let you in

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone doing engineering?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Libbie-
Anybody doing Politics?

Yeah I am 🙋🏼
Does anybody know if its a good or bad thing that my course (Business management) is on the clearing list? The entry requirements haven't changed either??
Got into liverpool for law with criminology and yet to find out accommodation potentially crown court or vine - anyone else going liverpool for law!!!!<3<3<3
Got into the physical sciences foundation year.
well done!!!!
Got in to do Chemistry with a year in industry :smile:
Original post by tarteeliax
well done!!!!

Thanks, well done to you too! :smile:

Original post by CallumHoughton16
Got in to do Chemistry with a year in industry :smile:

Well done man! :smile:
Got into BSc Geography :biggrin: just anxiously awaiting accommodation now :smile:
Original post by SianTee
Got into BSc Geography :biggrin: just anxiously awaiting accommodation now :smile:

Well done!

Is it your Insurance choice? It's my insurance choice and I'm not sure what happens regarding accommodation - I'm trying to log onto the accommodation website but it doesn't seem to accept my pin

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending