The Student Room Group

St George's Medicine Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by H0psin
Sorry just read this as I was on holiday.
Yeah they predicted all A's for me, even if you are originally predicted a B as I was in my third subject you should go and tell the subject teacher that for a medical course you need AAA and they should be happy to predict you an A, also my school is very strict with predictions anyway so it really shouldn't be a problem to make it up to AAA if you get a little lower.

I did two weeks work experience, a week in a GPs practice and a week in a local hospital in the emergency department. I did my volunteering work in a few youth groups as well, only one of which was medical related. As long as you have enough to write a good personal statement you should be fine!

Hope this is useful and good luck in the future!

Thanks this was really useful!
Guys I'm stressing have I missed anything out?

- applied for accommodation but had no confirmation
- registered for DBS but not sent it
- got all my vaccines up to date bar Hep B which I'm a month into getting done
- GP health questionnaire filled out an ready to be sent to SGUL

Is there anything else i need to get to Micki before the 10th??
Original post by Nucleotide
Guys I'm stressing have I missed anything out?

- applied for accommodation but had no confirmation
- registered for DBS but not sent it
- got all my vaccines up to date bar Hep B which I'm a month into getting done
- GP health questionnaire filled out an ready to be sent to SGUL

Is there anything else i need to get to Micki before the 10th??

You look good so far fam, if you have all the OH stuff sent then it is just the wait left.
I forgot the whole put the forms in a larger envelope thing lol oops

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys I wanted to know what the ukcat cut off was to be invited. to an interview last year??

Another thing is their website for this year mentions 'You're guaranteed a interview if you meet their requirements'
Is this legit?? I've never seen a medicine degree, or any degree in fact, mentioning such a thing.
Reply 2485
Original post by Jonnyss
Hey guys I wanted to know what the ukcat cut off was to be invited. to an interview last year??

Another thing is their website for this year mentions 'You're guaranteed a interview if you meet their requirements'
Is this legit?? I've never seen a medicine degree, or any degree in fact, mentioning such a thing.

Why would they lie lmao
Is it safe to assume that I've passed occupational health screening if I haven't heard from them?
Has anyone submitted their DBS yet???

Posted from TSR Mobile
occupational health isn't a pass or fail my dear, it's to see if you required any additional help on your placements if you had any health troubles. For example if you had a bad leg they would access you and see if you could manage being on placement and put anything in place if you weren't able to. It's similar for mental health issues as well. It's also to see if you need any vaccinations etc that you haven't had when you arrive. Like a tonne of people struggle getting a BCG so occie health check who hasn't had one and supplies those people with the vaccination. If you can get the BCG before you arrive I'd advise you to get it, it will make things easier. You'll have enough to worry about when you arrive and enough adjustments to make. Also anyone who is nervous with blood tests (like I am), let the nurse at OH know and ask them to use a smaller needle.
Is the waiting list very long?
Does anyone know when they will reply?
I'm in the A900 group and I need the CAS to start my visa... :s-smilie: the waiting game is making me more nervous every minute.
Reply 2491
Original post by matka00
Does anyone know when they will reply?
I'm in the A900 group and I need the CAS to start my visa... :s-smilie: the waiting game is making me more nervous every minute.

I am an A900 applicant and still waiting as well. I just hope that the CAS will arrive in time for us to apply for the visa. Have you applied for accommodation yet? I went to their booking site but the A900 MBBS6 course isn't listed there on the contract page at all...
Original post by HD0801
I am an A900 applicant and still waiting as well. I just hope that the CAS will arrive in time for us to apply for the visa. Have you applied for accommodation yet? I went to their booking site but the A900 MBBS6 course isn't listed there on the contract page at all...

Hey! Yes, I applied on the website--I went in the regular group, but in the "Additional Notes" section, I clarified who I was. I hope they can recognize me that way...
Has anyones track updated?!
No mine hasn't I've no idea what's going on

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just want track to update so I can get a clearing place elsewhere.
Track updated for me just yesterday (IB student)
I got in!!
What do we do about the DBS check now?
Original post by tinoah
Just want track to update so I can get a clearing place elsewhere.

My college has put me forward for a priority re-mark as I was just 3 UMS away from in A (and thus from my offer)...would it be worth emailing SGUL to let them know this or are they not very lenient with that kind of thing.
Original post by tinoah
My college has put me forward for a priority re-mark as I was just 3 UMS away from in A (and thus from my offer)...would it be worth emailing SGUL to let them know this or are they not very lenient with that kind of thing.

its worth it! i missed my offer slightly , but still got a place

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending