The Student Room Group

Cambridge Offer Holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Navo D.
Honestly looking forward to it :smile: How did your press thing go?

Also, what did you get?

Honestly? ****ing ****. It was so awkward.

4 A*s, you?
Original post by jneill
4 UMS from A* in A2....

Posted from TSR Mobile

If he doesn't get in I'd sign a petition against that.
Original post by jneill
Son got A*A*A and 1 in STEP I. But A was in Physics and needed to be A*. Physics was 549/600...

Now waiting to hear from Christ's....

Gah.

Posted from TSR Mobile

549/600 is 91.5% tho?

dowie
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Elcor
Honestly? ****ing ****. It was so awkward.

4 A*s, you?

Hahaha, did they ask you to pose?

Nicely done! 5A*s 1B (got an E in my English coursework RIP)
Original post by Navo D.
Hahaha, did they ask you to pose?

Nicely done! 5A*s 1B (got an E in my English coursework RIP)

Yeah, I had to cheer and stuff :facepalm2: and then didn't know what to say when they interviewed me

Bloody hell, you almost make it sound like your GCSEs!
Hey everyone

Sorry to interrupt but does anyone know what we should be doing about accommodation?!? Do the colleges allocate a space to all successful offer holders, or do I need to make arrangements now in order to guarantee accommodation. I know that it says the colleges guarantee accommodation but I'm going to Sidney Sussex and I would rather be in the old buildings rather than the new apartments if possible.

Thanks in advance!!!! :smile:
Made it! :smile: Good luck to those in limbo right now :frown:
Original post by mathsmusician
Hey everyone

Sorry to interrupt but does anyone know what we should be doing about accommodation?!? Do the colleges allocate a space to all successful offer holders, or do I need to make arrangements now in order to guarantee accommodation. I know that it says the colleges guarantee accommodation but I'm going to Sidney Sussex and I would rather be in the old buildings rather than the new apartments if possible.

You don't need to do anything - your college will allocate you a room for first year, if you are able to give a preference then they will contact you before you arrive in October with the information for it :smile:
Original post by mathsmusician
Hey everyone

Whether you get any choice on your room depends entirely on the college, but there will be a room for you, it isn't like sorting halls elsewhere. They should be getting in touch with you in the next few days though with information regarding stuff like accommodation afaik.
Into the Summer pool with A*A*A*A and 3 3 in STEP for Computer Science with Maths... I hope exceeding the A Level portion of my offer gives me a good chance, because it would be a pretty rubbish way to go out if I don't get in :frown:
Reply 3270
A*A*A*A* wooooooo
Hey guys! I got 3 A*s (with higher UMS than last year 😏), and so my offer is confirmed. I guess I'll be seeing everyone there in October.
A*A*A*A and my place is confirmed. Full UMS in English and Maths was the icing on the cake. Can't wait for October :biggrin:
Original post by tomfailinghelp
Hey guys! I got 3 A*s (with higher UMS than last year 😏), and so my offer is confirmed. I guess I'll be seeing everyone there in October.

Original post by Jasey
A*A*A*A* wooooooo

Congratulations gentlemen, you deserve it
Reply 3274

Well done bro!!

Original post by paradoxicalme
A*A*A*A and my place is confirmed. Full UMS in English and Maths was the icing on the cake. Can't wait for October :biggrin:

Congrats! I managed to get full marks in OCR english too!! So shocked after viewing the horror that are those grade boundaries.
Original post by Elcor
Congratulations gentlemen, you deserve it

Original post by Jasey
Well done bro!!

Congrats! I managed to get full marks in OCR english too!! So shocked after viewing the horror that are those grade boundaries.

Thanks boys - well done, you two deserved it!

Original post by paradoxicalme

Well done!

Well done!

Well done to everyone! Congratulations - much love!
Lmao feeling inferior already
Original post by Jasey

Congratulations! I am still absolutely in shock about that, I didn't do brilliantly at AS so to see 200/200 at A2 blew my mind. Grade boundaries are awful this year. Also thank god for low psych boundaries, it would appear I only got 43/60 raw marks in one of my psych units but that was still an A*! RS boundaries did us all in - nobody got an A* in my group.
(edited 8 years ago)

I beat my 1 hunna record :wink: ...ima miss UMS :/
Original post by Lucilou101
That's pretty tough :frown:

Hope it all goes well for you and your son!

Thanks.

Fingers are crossed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending