The Student Room Group

WJEC A2 Computing CG3 - Tuesday 23rd June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
Original post by DerRm
Good work there, thanks. AlthougI haven't had time to look at the db question properly, if a teacher can be employed more than once (and therefore have more than one contract) then contract shouldn't be in the teacher table, teacher should be in the contract table instead. The wording of the question was ambiguous though (does a module use only one skill? Can that skill only ever be used in one module? Can a teacher have more than one skill? etc. etc.)

I genuinely don't know. I really hated the way that question was worded - so many possibilities :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 461
The mark scheme is now updated - thoughts? :smile:
Original post by jamietopp21
Thank you so much! Though i think question 6 is wrong? Shouldn't Khan be on the right of Jarvis as K comes after J in the alphabet? if I'm wrong i look like an idiot. XDAlso question 13, the answer you've given is only 7 bits, the actual answer should be 8 bits!Also question 15, it states "If see 00000100and correct conversion to -5" - should that not be 00000101?Also i believe question 7 was actually 2 marks :smile:

Original post by DerRm
Good work there, thanks. AlthougI haven't had time to look at the db question properly, if a teacher can be employed more than once (and therefore have more than one contract) then contract shouldn't be in the teacher table, teacher should be in the contract table instead. The wording of the question was ambiguous though (does a module use only one skill? Can that skill only ever be used in one module? Can a teacher have more than one skill? etc. etc.)
OFFICAL GRADE BOUNDIRES ARE OUT FOR CG3 and CG4

https://www.wjecservices.co.uk/MarkToUMS/default.aspx

CG3:

A: 81 (raw)
B: 72 (raw)
C: 63 (raw)
D: 54 (raw)
E: 45 (raw)
Reply 463
OFFICAL GRADE BOUNDIRES ARE OUT FOR CG3 and CG4

https://www.wjecservices.co.uk/MarkToUMS/default.aspx

CG3:

A: 81 (raw)
B: 72 (raw)
C: 63 (raw)
D: 54 (raw)
E: 45 (raw)

Thoughts???

Posted from TSR Mobile

I expected them to be a little higher if I'm honest, maybe 84 for an A, so I'm pretty happy with them, guess we will find out :smile: yourself?
Reply 465
I expected them to be a little higher if I'm honest, maybe 84 for an A, so I'm pretty happy with them, guess we will find out :smile: yourself?

I'm really pleased. 95 for 130 UMS is great. Also the coursework boundaries are good too! Hoping for 70 UMS in that :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 466
Reply 467
Got a D in this exam haha. Oh well - didn't need it anyway.
Reply 469
So happy!:party:A2 Results 2015The format used below is:Subject (Exam Board): Final Grade

Computing (WJEC): A*

Predicted: A*
AS grade: A (198/200)

Module scores:
CG1 - 130/130 (a)
CG2 - 68/70 (a)
CG3 - 130/130 (a)
CG4 - 70/70 (a)

Total: 398/400 (A*)
% UMS: 99.5%

Original post by CD223
So happy!:party:A2 Results 2015The format used below is:Subject (Exam Board): Final Grade

Module scores:
CG1 - 130/130 (a)
CG2 - 68/70 (a)
CG3 - 130/130 (a)
CG4 - 70/70 (a)

Well done. Did your parents write the paper?!
Reply 471
Original post by Nivarka
Well done. Did your parents write the paper?!

Nope :wink: Although my name appeared at the top of the Binary tree under "Davies"! :lol:
Original post by CD223

Module scores:
CG1 - 130/130 (a)
CG2 - 68/70 (a)
CG3 - 130/130 (a)
CG4 - 70/70 (a)

Well done :biggrin: I got an A. The A* would have been nice but I only needed a B so I'm very pleased - good luck with everything in the future, looks like you have a bright one! :biggrin:

Does anyone know if the examiner reports are anywhere online? Would be nice to see the comments about the exam, especially the Teacher, Skills, Modules whatever else question!!
Reply 473
Well done :biggrin: I got an A. The A* would have been nice but I only needed a B so I'm very pleased - good luck with everything in the future, looks like you have a bright one! :biggrin:

Does anyone know if the examiner reports are anywhere online? Would be nice to see the comments about the exam, especially the Teacher, Skills, Modules whatever else question!!

They will be on the WJEC website in a few months I think :smile:
I'm not sure why but this post popped into my head, and I thought I'd see how everyone i getting on with University (or whatever you're all doing now) - how is everyone getting on? :smile:)
I'm not sure why but this post popped into my head, and I thought I'd see how everyone i getting on with University (or whatever you're all doing now) - how is everyone getting on? :smile:)

Hey! University is going great, just very... very tiring, haha. Practically finished for this semester now, just got one lecture on Monday then that's it. How about everyone else?

Quick Reply

Latest