shields98
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hiya, I've just got my AS results and got a B in Psychology A, AQA. I thought paper 1 went really well and only got 82 UMS (an A, 59/72 using the UMS converter) and 70 UMS on paper B which I thought was a bit more difficult (a B, 46/72).

I'm only 8 UMS / about 5 marks off averaging an A, which paper do you think I should get re-marked? I thought I would've done a lot better than I did in paper 1 but am also shocked that I only got 45 in paper 2 although it was harder.

Thank you in advance, hope everyone is pleased with theirs!

Also: do you think remarking paper B is really risky because I only have 70 UMS which is the borderline for a B (may be down-graded to a C)?
ok2
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I also thought I did really well in paper 1 and thought I'd get an A but ended up achieving a C. I'm considering a remark but wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this in order to determine whether I actually did that bad or whether something has gone wrong with the marking.

I also achieved a B overall though.

Well done to you! I would opt to remark the first paper if I were you.
meganwd97
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I achieved a C grade overall and to be honest am quite disappointed as i thought i had aced it!! I got a B in the second paper and C in the first, so was wondering whether anyone thinks its worth getting the first paper remarked as i was around one or two UMS marks off a B?
TheVth
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ok2)
I also thought I did really well in paper 1 and thought I'd get an A but ended up achieving a C. I'm considering a remark but wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this in order to determine whether I actually did that bad or whether something has gone wrong with the marking.

I also achieved a B overall though.

Well done to you! I would opt to remark the first paper if I were you.
I thought I did pretty damn well on the unit 1 resit, but i got a D again. I got a B in unit 2 last year though.
I somehow managed to get a D this year for unit 4 and I have no idea how this is possible. I'm mind blown right now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
ok2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by TheVth)
I thought I did pretty damn well on the unit 1 resit, but i got a D again. I got a B in unit 2 last year though.
I somehow managed to get a D this year for unit 4 and I have no idea how this is possible. I'm mind blown right now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, quite a few people are saying that they felt that unit 1 didn't go well but didn't get good grades in it. Maybe they've not been marked so well :/
username1477351
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
an a2 student here. I would say it's worth doing it. I remarked my Psya1 and it went up by 5 marks. b to an A

Posted from TSR Mobile
tom_tom_tom
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by shields98)
Hiya, I've just got my AS results and got a B in Psychology A, AQA. I thought paper 1 went really well and only got 82 UMS (an A, about 58/72 using the UMS converter) and 70 UMS on paper B which I thought was a bit more difficult (a B, about 45/72).

I'm only 4 marks off averaging an A, which paper do you think I should get re-marked? I thought I would've done a lot better than I did in paper 1 but am also shocked that I only got 45 in paper 2 although it was harder.

Thank you in advance, hope everyone is pleased with theirs!

Also: do you think remarking paper B is really risky because I only have 70 UMS which is the borderline for a B (may be down-graded to a C)?
Get a photocopy of the script back show it to your teacher and see what they say, you have till the end of September to order a remark anyway, so its best to do that then waste money.

A few years ago i got one of my psychology papers remarked and went from a D to an B. Obviously not the norm but not unheard of.
CBftw
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
guys, I got a C overall in psychology. I was 1 mark off a B on both papers, is it worth remarking? 😔
CBftw
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by meganwd97)
I achieved a C grade overall and to be honest am quite disappointed as i thought i had aced it!! I got a B in the second paper and C in the first, so was wondering whether anyone thinks its worth getting the first paper remarked as i was around one or two UMS marks off a B?
I'm in the exact position! Psychology is my fave subject & REALLY don't wanna drop it but it's my lowest grade 🚶
meganwd97
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by CBftw)
I'm in the exact position! Psychology is my fave subject & REALLY don't wanna drop it but it's my lowest grade 🚶
i'm dropping english lit thank god!! I am gutted seeing as its so close but also as i want to do crim/psych and university! definitely going to get it remarked though!
shields98
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Definitely get it remarked if you're that close! Think there may be an issue with the marking because so many people are confused with their paper 1 grade.
meganwd97
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by shields98)
Definitely get it remarked if you're that close! Think there may be an issue with the marking because so many people are confused with their paper 1 grade.
it's such a relief i'm not the only one who is annoyed! I've been getting As throughout the year in mocks and was gutted to see it. I will definitely get it remarked!
yasmin2598
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I have this problem as well! I was predicted an A, felt the exams sent well and got a C, is anypne else consdiering re-sitting?
CBftw
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
i'm dropping english lit thank god!! I am gutted seeing as its so close but also as i want to do crim/psych and university! definitely going to get it remarked though!
I was planning on dropping english lit too - so I'd be left with psychology, history & politics. I'm scared that keeping psych will affect my predicted grades for applying for university. 😩
meganwd97
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by CBftw)
I was planning on dropping english lit too - so I'd be left with psychology, history & politics. I'm scared that keeping psych will affect my predicted grades for applying for university. 😩
what are you hoping to do at Uni and what are the required grades?
PerplexedBird
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
How do you check your raw marks? Is there a link for UMS converter or something?
CBftw
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
what are you hoping to do at Uni and what are the required grades?
I want to do law, preferably at Birmingham. But their grade requirements are AAA & if I continue with psychology my predicted grades for UCAS will probably be ABC. Which is I think I might remark my psych papers to try & get my grades up 💭
meganwd97
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by CBftw)
I want to do law, preferably at Birmingham. But their grade requirements are AAA & if I continue with psychology my predicted grades for UCAS will probably be ABC. Which is I think I might remark my psych papers to try & get my grades up 💭
remark is definitely worth it! Good luck!
CBftw
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
remark is definitely worth it! Good luck!
Thanks, you too! Hopefully we get the grades we deserve 💫
charlisnotfab
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I really want to do psychology at uni and I got my results back today and I found out I got a D overall in psychology.. gutted. I don't understand how, throughout the whole year I was getting As and Bs and I did several test papers beforehand and got As on all of them. Should I get it remarked? My grades today were CDD. Feel so horrible was truly expecting more from myself.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (33)
15.21%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (66)
30.41%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (25)
11.52%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (18)
8.29%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (12)
5.53%
I think it's an unfair expectation (60)
27.65%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.38%

Watched Threads