The Student Room Group

Cambridge Offer Holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Goddammit Cambridge, this is meant to be the honeymoon period! You send me an envelope, congratulate me on meeting my offer, then saddle me with 50 pages of financial documents, a bunch of forms I have to mail you (because you apparently still reside in the 19th century where the internet is nonexistent) and news of a £1500 college fee I've got to pay you in three weeks time. Thanks, Emmanuel. I feel very appreciated. :tongue:

(just kidding Cambridge I love you)
Original post by johnperp
OMG NO!! How did this happen?! So sad. I was hoping to meet you at Warwick.

Tbh I dont even know myself. They were like no straight up. They are all like sorry but the A in physics in needed. I was like do you even know what step is they are like 'we understand its emotional' so dumb.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cerlohee
Massive congratulations to your son Jneill!!

Is anyone else here in the summer pool? :smile:

Good luck! I hope they fish you, after all you only missed your offer by one grade. Are you a science or humanities degree person again? :smile:
Made my offer! Overwhelmed!!
Woohoo can't believe I actually managed to get all a*. I'm gonna be a Cambridge student cannot wait!!!!!!
Original post by physicsmaths
Tbh I dont even know myself. They were like no straight up. They are all like sorry but the A in physics in needed. I was like do you even know what step is they are like 'we understand its emotional' so dumb.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow really I can't believe it, you deserved it so much and you did well in BMO and all that. I don't know how they decided not to accept you when there were people with worse grades being accepted last year (e.g. no BMO, 3 in STEP, etc etc). I guess the competition went up

So what are you planning to do now? If I were you I would definitely consider a gap year and reapply
Original post by cerlohee
Massive congratulations to your son Jneill!!

Is anyone else here in the summer pool? :smile:

I am, so nervous for tomorrow :s-smilie:

Congrats to everyone who's gotten in!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
He got in! Christ's just called him and confirmed. :smile:
:party::party::party:

He's delighted!

Thanks @Lucilou101 @physicsmaths @tomfailinghelp @EHZ17 @BBeyond @Elcor @Duskstar @Rhetorical Hips @bored565 @TVIO @Mini-Me and everyone else for the support this morning...

You guys rock.

And congratulations and commisserations to everyone else.

I'll be seeing him second year :wink: pass on the congratulations
Haven't posted here in a while, but I'm pleased to say I got in, going to Queen's College EDIT:Queens' College, A* in Further Maths, A* in Physics and A in Chemistry, along with an A* in Maths in Year 12.

Well done to everyone who got into to Cambridge.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jneill
He got in! Christ's just called him and confirmed. :smile:
:party::party::party:

He's delighted!

Thanks @Lucilou101 @physicsmaths @tomfailinghelp @EHZ17 @BBeyond @Elcor @Duskstar @Rhetorical Hips @bored565 @TVIO @Mini-Me and everyone else for the support this morning...

You guys rock.

And congratulations and commisserations to everyone else.

Yay! Hey, I might meet him.

PRSOM PRSOM PRSOM
Original post by andrew2209
Haven't posted here in a while, but I'm pleased to say I got in, going to Queen's College, A* in Further Maths, A* in Physics and A in Chemistry, along with an A* in Maths in Year 12.

Well done to everyone who got into to Cambridge.

Gotta fix that apostrophe asap mate
Original post by Elcor
Gotta fix that apostrophe asap mate

Yeah, that's going to be the bane of my existence for the next 4 years.
Original post by johnperp
Wow really I can't believe it, you deserved it so much and you did well in BMO and all that. I don't know how they decided not to accept you when there were people with worse grades being accepted last year (e.g. no BMO, 3 in STEP, etc etc). I guess the competition went up

So what are you planning to do now? If I were you I would definitely consider a gap year and reapply

Im gna reapply. Imperial/warwick and Cambridge again. I could very well get an S offer but I would take that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have a question about remarks and when you get a refund, is it when the overall grade for the subject changes or the individual module changes OR if the A2 allocated marks changes "grade"?

In my example I got a B in A2 Biology as i got 235/300 so 5 off an "A" so if I remarked a module and it went up by 5 do I get a refund even if my overall grade stays at an A?
Im gna reapply. Imperial/warwick and Cambridge again. I could very well get an S offer but I would take that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know that's a hard decision because it seems so far away but I think it's for the best. You can learn and develop a lot in a gap year, and having already applied before your second application should be even stronger!
Original post by aprocrastinator
I have a question about remarks and when you get a refund, is it when the overall grade for the subject changes or the individual module changes OR if the A2 allocated marks changes "grade"?

In my example I got a B in A2 Biology as i got 235/300 so 5 off an "A" so if I remarked a module and it went up by 5 do I get a refund even if my overall grade stays at an A?

I think it's just the overall grade. Why would you want to though? No one cares about UMS outside of Cambridge

It's module or overall grade.

I wanna remark G484 but also don't want to spend money that I can spend on holiday lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unlucky mate it's unfortunate you won't be with us this year but hopefully you'll join us the year after. If it's meant to be it will be.

Hey! What grades did you get and did you meet your offer?

Why remark if you've got into Cambridge already?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending