The Student Room Group
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website

Clearing and Accomodation at Roehampton

Hi guys ,
First post here aha ,
I just got a clearing offer from Roehampton to do Psychology.

Unfortunately the university basically told me that all the on site accomodation is booked up and I'll have to sort it out myself .

Anyone else in a similar situation ?
I'm not exactly too sure about specific areas to be looking in, would love to buddy up haha
Reply 1
Hi there,

I just got a place on Clearing too for Biological Sciences. I'm not sure if I'll accept it yet but I think it's my best option.

Do you know anyone currently studying at Roehampton? I don't really know much about the university even though I live in London and just wanted some insight on what everyone thinks of the uni and its location!
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Ahh congrats !
I'm so shocked at how many people are going through clearing , this hasn't been a good year lol. But yeah I feel Roehamptons my best option too , still a BBB university :smile:

To be honest , no , one of my friends has an offer and isn't sure about accepting . I'm in the same boat , I don't know much about the university or location either , you living at home ? Or you going to apply for accommodation

Original post by Petulia
Hi there,

I just got a place on Clearing too for Biological Sciences. I'm not sure if I'll accept it yet but I think it's my best option.

Do you know anyone currently studying at Roehampton? I don't really know much about the university even though I live in London and just wanted some insight on what everyone thinks of the uni and its location!
Reply 3
Original post by q_alam
Ahh congrats !
I'm so shocked at how many people are going through clearing , this hasn't been a good year lol. But yeah I feel Roehamptons my best option too , still a BBB university :smile:

To be honest , no , one of my friends has an offer and isn't sure about accepting . I'm in the same boat , I don't know much about the university or location either , you living at home ? Or you going to apply for accommodation

I already live in London (Hounslow/near Heathrow) so I'll be staying at home, and the woman I spoke to on the phone said it's just behind Richmond Park, which I'm familiar with. So I think the location is quite nice and scenic especially for London, which is one main reason why I chose it instead of looking at unis like Middlesex/London Met. I got CDD and no one else was accepting me, so this might be my only choice
Reply 4
Oh fair fair , I'm too far but still want to live out , and yeah I'm in the same boat as you , its also hgher on the tables than london MET/kingston etc , You accepted yet ?

Original post by Petulia
I already live in London (Hounslow/near Heathrow) so I'll be staying at home, and the woman I spoke to on the phone said it's just behind Richmond Park, which I'm familiar with. So I think the location is quite nice and scenic especially for London, which is one main reason why I chose it instead of looking at unis like Middlesex/London Met. I got CDD and no one else was accepting me, so this might be my only choice
There were a few people advertising for housemates on the Facebook page: University of Roehampton Freshers 2015 - 2016. You just need to join it and then they'll accept your request, allowing you to post there. I don't think the posts are near the top but one of them was only from last week or the week before. They aren't all freshers, some are returning students that just have rooms to spare, but they seem to be in central locations to the main school beside Froebel. That's a fifteen/twenty minute walk from Whitelands, I'm told, but not unmanageable.
Original post by q_alam
Hi guys ,
First post here aha ,
I just got a clearing offer from Roehampton to do Psychology.

Unfortunately the university basically told me that all the on site accomodation is booked up and I'll have to sort it out myself .

Anyone else in a similar situation ?
I'm not exactly too sure about specific areas to be looking in, would love to buddy up haha

Hi! Im in the exact same boat and im really freaking out! Im studying Classical Civilisation and have been looking all morning for off campus accommodation and im not really sure what im looking at to be fair :frown: Ive emailed them and they just sent me a website link to accommodations about 2 hours walk away!! Im glad im not the only one, we can team up and look together if youd like :smile: xx
Reply 7
Original post by gjjmcmahon
There were a few people advertising for housemates on the Facebook page: University of Roehampton Freshers 2015 - 2016. You just need to join it and then they'll accept your request, allowing you to post there. I don't think the posts are near the top but one of them was only from last week or the week before. They aren't all freshers, some are returning students that just have rooms to spare, but they seem to be in central locations to the main school beside Froebel. That's a fifteen/twenty minute walk from Whitelands, I'm told, but not unmanageable.

Oh wow man , thanks a lot ! I'll deffo check that out , are you a current student ?
Reply 8
Original post by AnimeAvenger
Hi! Im in the exact same boat and im really freaking out! Im studying Classical Civilisation and have been looking all morning for off campus accommodation and im not really sure what im looking at to be fair :frown: Ive emailed them and they just sent me a website link to accommodations about 2 hours walk away!! Im glad im not the only one, we can team up and look together if youd like :smile: xx

Haha I'm freaking out like crazy ! We still have like a month though !! Trust me I've looked too and I can't find much , Spring Mews is beautiful but £11,000 a year ?! Sod that haha .

And yeah of course , we can deffo look together , I've noticed some rooms for 1 person will be like £100 a week , but if its 2 house mates I've seen some at £150 a week for both people , so £75 each which is really good for London !
PM me a whatsapp number or facebook profile I can get hold of you on :biggrin:
Original post by q_alam
Oh wow man , thanks a lot ! I'll deffo check that out , are you a current student ?

Nope. Incoming student but I've a place in halls (Roe was my first choice so I applied in April).
Reply 10
Original post by gjjmcmahon
Nope. Incoming student but I've a place in halls (Roe was my first choice so I applied in April).

Oh haha lucky you ! I'm desperately hoping for accommodation on campus but I don't see it happening x_xn
Original post by q_alam
Oh haha lucky you ! I'm desperately hoping for accommodation on campus but I don't see it happening x_xn

Hope isn't lost just yet. Anyone who hasn't confirmed and paid the deposit by August 21 will have their accommodation given away lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending