The Student Room Group

Psychology AQA Re-marking

Hiya, I've just got my AS results and got a B in Psychology A, AQA. I thought paper 1 went really well and only got 82 UMS (an A, 59/72 using the UMS converter) and 70 UMS on paper B which I thought was a bit more difficult (a B, 46/72).

I'm only 8 UMS / about 5 marks off averaging an A, which paper do you think I should get re-marked? I thought I would've done a lot better than I did in paper 1 but am also shocked that I only got 45 in paper 2 although it was harder.

Thank you in advance, hope everyone is pleased with theirs!

Also: do you think remarking paper B is really risky because I only have 70 UMS which is the borderline for a B (may be down-graded to a C)?
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I also thought I did really well in paper 1 and thought I'd get an A but ended up achieving a C. I'm considering a remark but wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this in order to determine whether I actually did that bad or whether something has gone wrong with the marking.

I also achieved a B overall though.

Well done to you! I would opt to remark the first paper if I were you.
(edited 8 years ago)
I achieved a C grade overall and to be honest am quite disappointed as i thought i had aced it!! I got a B in the second paper and C in the first, so was wondering whether anyone thinks its worth getting the first paper remarked as i was around one or two UMS marks off a B?
Reply 3
Original post by ok2
I also thought I did really well in paper 1 and thought I'd get an A but ended up achieving a C. I'm considering a remark but wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this in order to determine whether I actually did that bad or whether something has gone wrong with the marking.

I also achieved a B overall though.

Well done to you! I would opt to remark the first paper if I were you.

I thought I did pretty damn well on the unit 1 resit, but i got a D again. I got a B in unit 2 last year though.
I somehow managed to get a D this year for unit 4 and I have no idea how this is possible. I'm mind blown right now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by TheVth
I thought I did pretty damn well on the unit 1 resit, but i got a D again. I got a B in unit 2 last year though.
I somehow managed to get a D this year for unit 4 and I have no idea how this is possible. I'm mind blown right now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, quite a few people are saying that they felt that unit 1 didn't go well but didn't get good grades in it. Maybe they've not been marked so well :/
an a2 student here. I would say it's worth doing it. I remarked my Psya1 and it went up by 5 marks. b to an A

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shields98
Hiya, I've just got my AS results and got a B in Psychology A, AQA. I thought paper 1 went really well and only got 82 UMS (an A, about 58/72 using the UMS converter) and 70 UMS on paper B which I thought was a bit more difficult (a B, about 45/72).

I'm only 4 marks off averaging an A, which paper do you think I should get re-marked? I thought I would've done a lot better than I did in paper 1 but am also shocked that I only got 45 in paper 2 although it was harder.

Thank you in advance, hope everyone is pleased with theirs!

Also: do you think remarking paper B is really risky because I only have 70 UMS which is the borderline for a B (may be down-graded to a C)?

Get a photocopy of the script back show it to your teacher and see what they say, you have till the end of September to order a remark anyway, so its best to do that then waste money.

A few years ago i got one of my psychology papers remarked and went from a D to an B. Obviously not the norm but not unheard of.
Reply 7
guys, I got a C overall in psychology. I was 1 mark off a B on both papers, is it worth remarking? 😔
Reply 8
Original post by meganwd97
I achieved a C grade overall and to be honest am quite disappointed as i thought i had aced it!! I got a B in the second paper and C in the first, so was wondering whether anyone thinks its worth getting the first paper remarked as i was around one or two UMS marks off a B?

I'm in the exact position! Psychology is my fave subject & REALLY don't wanna drop it but it's my lowest grade 🚶
Original post by CBftw
I'm in the exact position! Psychology is my fave subject & REALLY don't wanna drop it but it's my lowest grade 🚶

i'm dropping english lit thank god!! I am gutted seeing as its so close but also as i want to do crim/psych and university! definitely going to get it remarked though!
Reply 10

Definitely get it remarked if you're that close! Think there may be an issue with the marking because so many people are confused with their paper 1 grade.
Original post by shields98
Definitely get it remarked if you're that close! Think there may be an issue with the marking because so many people are confused with their paper 1 grade.

it's such a relief i'm not the only one who is annoyed! I've been getting As throughout the year in mocks and was gutted to see it. I will definitely get it remarked!
I have this problem as well! I was predicted an A, felt the exams sent well and got a C, is anypne else consdiering re-sitting?
Reply 13
i'm dropping english lit thank god!! I am gutted seeing as its so close but also as i want to do crim/psych and university! definitely going to get it remarked though!

I was planning on dropping english lit too - so I'd be left with psychology, history & politics. I'm scared that keeping psych will affect my predicted grades for applying for university. 😩
Original post by CBftw
I was planning on dropping english lit too - so I'd be left with psychology, history & politics. I'm scared that keeping psych will affect my predicted grades for applying for university. 😩

what are you hoping to do at Uni and what are the required grades?
How do you check your raw marks? Is there a link for UMS converter or something?
Reply 16
what are you hoping to do at Uni and what are the required grades?

I want to do law, preferably at Birmingham. But their grade requirements are AAA & if I continue with psychology my predicted grades for UCAS will probably be ABC. Which is I think I might remark my psych papers to try & get my grades up 💭
Original post by CBftw
I want to do law, preferably at Birmingham. But their grade requirements are AAA & if I continue with psychology my predicted grades for UCAS will probably be ABC. Which is I think I might remark my psych papers to try & get my grades up 💭

remark is definitely worth it! Good luck!
Reply 18
remark is definitely worth it! Good luck!

Thanks, you too! Hopefully we get the grades we deserve 💫
I really want to do psychology at uni and I got my results back today and I found out I got a D overall in psychology.. gutted. I don't understand how, throughout the whole year I was getting As and Bs and I did several test papers beforehand and got As on all of them. Should I get it remarked? My grades today were CDD. Feel so horrible :frown: was truly expecting more from myself.

Quick Reply

Latest