The Student Room Group

Failed A Levels

I'm not too sure where to post this but either way i did awful in my AS Levels
Working at Dist star in ICT BTEC
D Business
E Physics
U Maths Mec

If i continue A levels i will drop maths and continue with ICT,Business
I dont want to take Physics what should i do? Do an AS instead so its ICT,BUSINESS and an AS?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by DanniiBoii
D Business
E Physics
U Maths Mec

I dont want to take Physics what should i do? Do an AS instead so its ICT,BUSINESS and an AS?

I did awful as well got
U business
D media

now I am wanting to do yr 12 again and this time do ict btec and one A level will uni's accept?
Original post by DanniiBoii
D Business
E Physics
U Maths Mec

Have a look into what you d want to do if you went to uni. You could fast track an a level maybe but an as might be enough for some unis
Original post by Ro01ro
I did awful as well got
U business
D media

now I am wanting to do yr 12 again and this time do ict btec and one A level will uni's accept?

do you mean a btec that is worth 1 a level or 2?
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
do you mean a btec that is worth 1 a level or 2?

A Cambridge national level 3 ICT Btec and repeating one media A level will uni's accept this if i want to do Media and Communications for UNI?
Original post by Ro01ro
A Cambridge national level 3 ICT Btec and repeating one media A level will uni's accept this if i want to do Media and Communications for UNI?

If you have equivalent to 3 level 3 quals yes but if it means you have equivalent to 2 you could be a little restricted or just be looking at foundation years.
Reply 6
If you have equivalent to 3 level 3 quals yes but if it means you have equivalent to 2 you could be a little restricted or just be looking at foundation years.

Hi I don't quite understand
Original post by Ro01ro

is it a 90 credit btec or an extended certificate?
Reply 8
Original post by Ro01ro

How much is a Cambridge National level 3 equivalent to A levels?
Reply 9
is it a 90 credit btec or an extended certificate?

How do I find that out?
Original post by Ro01ro
How do I find that out?

what units have you taken? Seems like you could just have 2 level 3 quals which could be a bit restricting when applying for uni
Reply 11
what units have you taken? Seems like you could just have 2 level 3 quals which could be a bit restricting when applying for uni

I haven't done any yet I'm resitting the whole year again.

This BTEC is a cambrigde national and is done over two years and has about 43 Units all together?

Does this help?
Original post by Ro01ro

This BTEC is a cambrigde national and is done over two years and has about 43 Units all together?

Does this help?

So how many units have you done during your AS overall?
Reply 13
Original post by TheDboyAi
So how many units have you done during your AS overall?

I haven't done any units yet as i was doing only two A levels before but I messed up and now am wanting to start this BTEC as a fresh and do my Media studies A level again from the beginning as I got a D
Reply 14
I just want to know is if I do a Cambridge national level 3 ICT would it be equivalent too two A levels and then me doing Media AS and A2 which leaves me with three A levels be enough for me to get into University?
Original post by Ro01ro

Does this help?

Did you get one grade for it at the end?
Reply 16
Original post by ParadoxSocks
Did you get one grade for it at the end?

No this is a new subject that I am wanting to take all together alongside media studies doing it all again...
Original post by Ro01ro
I haven't done any units yet as i was doing only two A levels before but I messed up and now am wanting to start this BTEC as a fresh and do my Media studies A level again from the beginning as I got a D

Ive just looked up what type of i.t course you might be doing, and i think it is a level 3
If it's a level 3 I.T. course, its automatically likey to be a equivalent more towards AS-levels than A-levels( if our only doing it for 1 AS-level year) But you would have to check with your teacher as a Cambridge national seems to be rare as i did a BTEC(QCF) certificate(AS-Level only) in I.T
Reply 18
Original post by TheDboyAi
Ive just looked up what type of i.t course you might be doing, and i think it is a level 3
If it's a level 3 I.T. course, its automatically likey to be a equivalent more towards AS-levels than A-levels( if our only doing it for 1 AS-level year) But you would have to check with your teacher as a Cambridge national seems to be rare as i did a BTEC(QCF) certificate(AS-Level only) in I.T

Yeah I wan't to do a level 3 Cambridge national for IT for two years not one because I will be doing media A level for two years as well alongside it.

Will this mean I will have three A levels in total and will be able to go to University?
Original post by Ro01ro
No this is a new subject that I am wanting to take all together alongside media studies doing it all again...

A level 3 cambridge technical will be equivalent to A level but it depends which one you take. You won't study 43 units - you'll do a selection of them over the two years.

There are different versions - certificates, diplomas and extended diplomas. You need to know which one you're studying to know if you're eligible for university. You will need at least the 2 A level equivalent alongside your A level.

Who recommended the C-Tech to you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending