The Student Room Group

Cambridge Offer Holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rhetorical Hips
Why remark if you've got into Cambridge already?

Original post by Elcor
I think it's just the overall grade. Why would you want to though? No one cares about UMS outside of Cambridge

Because I am a bit of a perfectionist and I put in the most revision hours for Biology and I feel like I did much better than the marks I got :redface: my dad was perfectly fine with remarking and it's his money so :tongue:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
It's module or overall grade.

I wanna remark G484 but also don't want to spend money that I can spend on holiday lol

OK thank you! I'll hope the grade changes :s-smilie:

Original post by a123a
Hey! What grades did you get and did you meet your offer?

Hi! yeah I did, thankfully! I got 3A*s in Chemistry, Physics and Maths and an A in Biology and General studies :smile: how did you do?
Original post by jneill
He got in! Christ's just called him and confirmed. :smile:
:party::party::party:

He's delighted!

Thanks everyone else for the support this morning...

You guys rock.

And congratulations and commisserations to everyone else.

Congrats to your son! Such a close call would've been so painful...
Original post by jneill
He got in! Christ's just called him and confirmed. :smile:
:party::party::party:

He's delighted!

Thanks @Lucilou101 @physicsmaths @tomfailinghelp @EHZ17 @BBeyond @Elcor @Duskstar @Rhetorical Hips @bored565 @TVIO @Mini-Me and everyone else for the support this morning...

You guys rock.

And congratulations and commisserations to everyone else.

Really happy for you both :smile:
Original post by physicsmaths
Im gna reapply. Imperial/warwick and Cambridge again. I could very well get an S offer but I would take that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

All the best man

Do Cambridge/Imperial accept retake students though?
May I ask what you guys got in AS?
Just wondering about this avg % thing haha

Congrats guys! Amazing achievement.
Original post by aprocrastinator
OK thank you! I'll hope the grade changes :s-smilie:

Hi! yeah I did, thankfully! I got 3A*s in Chemistry, Physics and Maths and an A in Biology and General studies :smile: how did you do?

Well done! I got A*s in Biology, Chemistry and Maths and As in Physics and AS Further Maths :smile:

I guess we will be seeing each other this October! :biggrin:
Hey Guys!
First of all, CONGRATS on getting in!
Now then:
I got a conditional offer with a 1 in STEP from Christ's. As I had taken a gap year my grades were already submitted at A*A*A*A.
I missed out on my 1 by quite a bit but I haven't heard from my college regarding a rejection or pooling and my UCAS track status is still unchanged.
WHAT IS GOING ON?
I have to soon book my flight tickets to my fall back as classes start in 15 days there.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by a123a
Well done! I got A*s in Biology, Chemistry and Maths and As in Physics and AS Further Maths :smile:

I guess we will be seeing each other this October! :biggrin:

Oh I got an A in AS further maths too! :biggrin: Yes we will, I'm looking forward to it!
Original post by MyPrecious
Hey Guys!
Now then:
I got a conditional offer with a 1 in STEP from Christ's. As I had taken a gap year my grades were already submitted at A*A*A*A.
I missed out on my 1 by quite a bit but I haven't heard from my college regarding a rejection or pooling and my UCAS track status is still unchanged.
WHAT IS GOING ON?
I have to soon book my flight tickets to my fall back as classes start in 15 days there.

You're in the summer pool, you should find out the final decision in about 3 days or less
Hey Guys!
Now then:
WHAT IS GOING ON?

You need to speak to your college, either via phone or email - and find out what is happening. They will either be rejecting you, accepting you or putting you in the summer pool.

Speak to them and then see where you are :smile:
Original post by aprocrastinator
You're in the summer pool, you should find out the final decision in about 3 days or less

Okay, I suppose that makes sense. If it's not too much to ask, what will be the determining factors in the summer pool if you happen to know?
Original post by Lucilou101
You need to speak to your college, either via phone or email - and find out what is happening. They will either be rejecting you, accepting you or putting you in the summer pool.

Speak to them and then see where you are :smile:

I was about to email them, then I thought I'd find out what you may have to say about it. But if its a rejection, isn't it usually done quite soon after UCAS track is active? Which fueled my suspicions of being put in the pool. Do they usually inform you if you are in the pool?
Okay, I suppose that makes sense. If it's not too much to ask, what will be the determining factors in the summer pool if you happen to know?

I was about to email them, then I thought I'd find out what you may have to say about it. But if its a rejection, isn't it usually done quite soon after UCAS track is active? Which fueled my suspicions of being put in the pool. Do they usually inform you if you are in the pool?

Please ignore that person. You are not definitely in the pool.

Sometimes the unis are just busy and the decisions are delayed. I would phone/email as soon as possible. Yes you would be informed if you're in the pool :smile:
Please ignore that person. You are not definitely in the pool.

Sometimes the unis are just busy and the decisions are delayed. I would phone/email as soon as possible. Yes you would be informed if you're in the pool :smile:

Alright, Thank you so much! I shall email the admissions office ASAP.
Anything else i should know about this email I have to send?
Reply 3334
Trinity College posted a UMS score form with the confirmation letter. I've met the offer and been accepted. Why do they want my UMS scores?
Alright, Thank you so much! I shall email the admissions office ASAP.
Anything else i should know about this email I have to send?

Just make sure to include your UCAS number, name, course and details of how you've missed the offer - and ask them for an update on the situation etc :smile:
Original post by dt003
Trinity College posted a UMS score form with the confirmation letter. I've met the offer and been accepted. Why do they want my UMS scores?

Seems a bit strange - it may be for statistics etc, best thing to do is to ask them :smile:
I got 3As (Maths, Further Maths and Economics) and 1B (History), I think my average ums was 86, should I apply to Cambridge? These are my AS results
Original post by ScarletRose
May I ask what you guys got in AS?
Just wondering about this avg % thing haha

Congrats guys! Amazing achievement.

94.56% I think it was in SUMS
Original post by dt003

It's for research, they want to see correlation with AS/2 modules with uni results
Just make sure to include your UCAS number, name, course and details of how you've missed the offer - and ask them for an update on the situation etc :smile:

Thanks! :smile:
And now...we wait.
:redface:

Quick Reply

Latest