University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

2/12/E, how about you?
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
How do I register online?
Ive activated my IT account, and confirmed my attendance, but when I go onto the my manchester page, it still says confirm your attendance. How do I register?
Reply 2182
Original post by johnh545
Ive activated my IT account, and confirmed my attendance, but when I go onto the my manchester page, it still says confirm your attendance. How do I register?

Same here! I've uploaded my picture but it says before picking it up I need to register, what am I doing wrong?
Original post by szm95
Same here! I've uploaded my picture but it says before picking it up I need to register, what am I doing wrong?

I might have to ring them tomorrow. We need to register online, but i cant find the option
I am having this problem, where it previously had an accept/decline button on that white screen pop-up it now doesn't have a button, but has a triangle above saying 'incomplete' anyone else have this? Also somewhere I read, you cant register till September, but that just seemed a little late to me?
How do you activate your IT account? Do you have to wait for Manchester to send you an email because they haven't sent me one yet
Reply 2186
Also, do we have to collect our student card before the 21st? Have you guys received the welcome letter and booklet? Got mine yesterday going to read it properly now
Hello everyone! Many congratulations on your A Level results. If there are any EEE / EE / ME students here, I'm the female co-chair for the UoM Electrical & Electronic Engineering Society (EEESoc) and I look forward to meeting you in September, (you'll probably be seeing a lot of me anyway!)

In the meanwhile, please feel free to send me any questions about the course and the society.
I'm also happy to try and answer any general questions about getting started, on here or via PM. :smile:
Original post by Strachan1992
I am having this problem, where it previously had an accept/decline button on that white screen pop-up it now doesn't have a button, but has a triangle above saying 'incomplete' anyone else have this? Also somewhere I read, you cant register till September, but that just seemed a little late to me?

Thats exactly the same problem im having. It says success next to the application, but incomplete above it. I might ring them tomorrow if it still says that.
Original post by Tanmayee
Hello everyone! Many congratulations on your A Level results. If there are any EEE / EE / ME students here, I'm the female co-chair for the UoM Electrical & Electronic Engineering Society (EEESoc) and I look forward to meeting you in September, (you'll probably be seeing a lot of me anyway!)

In the meanwhile, please feel free to send me any questions about the course and the society.
I'm also happy to try and answer any general questions about getting started, on here or via PM. :smile:

This isnt relevant to engineering but, should i be worried if I haven't heard back about my accommodation yet? Does this mean i wont get my top choice?

Original post by szm95

I might have to ring them tomorrow. We need to register online, but i cant find the option

Registration doesn't open until September. The only thing you need to do now is confirm your attendance, if you haven't already.

I'm not sure what's going on with your 'incomplete' problem but registration definitely opens in September, you have until the 30th of September to do it.

Original post by kayleighls
How do you activate your IT account? Do you have to wait for Manchester to send you an email because they haven't sent me one yet

Go here and click on 'Activate your IT account'. You'll need your ID number which you should be able to find on any correspondence you've received from the university if you don't know it already.

Original post by szm95
Also, do we have to collect our student card before the 21st? Have you guys received the welcome letter and booklet? Got mine yesterday going to read it properly now

I'm not sure on the exact times but you should be able to collect your student card anytime between registering and the 30th of September. It's a good idea to pick it up as soon as you can when you arrive though.
This isnt relevant to engineering but, should i be worried if I haven't heard back about my accommodation yet? Does this mean i wont get my top choice?

I didn't hear about my accommodation until 2 weeks after results day, but I didn't get my first choice when I finally got the offer.

At the same time, some people who got their acc offer much after mine did get their first choice, so I don't think you need to worry.

EDIT: And even if you don't get your top choice, it's important to remember that as long as you can still get to your lectures, it's not going to matter after maybe the first two weeks. You get used to it and get to know your flatmates etc. And if you still really hate it after a while, rooms open up all the time from people leaving/moving, just call the accommodation office and ask what your options are. They're really helpful.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2192
When I click on 'My attendance' it says that I'm not authorized to access the page:s-smilie:
Original post by HandmadeTurnip
I'm not sure what's going on with your 'incomplete' problem but registration definitely opens in September, you have until the 30th of September to do it.

Thanks, I will stop worrying about registration now then! Just a small note though, should the mymanchester portal look different when it has updated to confirm your attendance? It says it will change layout within about 3 hours and I did mine yesterday? :s-smilie:
Original post by Tanmayee
I didn't hear about my accommodation until 2 weeks after results day, but I didn't get my first choice when I finally got the offer.

At the same time, some people who got their acc offer much after mine did get their first choice, so I don't think you need to worry.

EDIT: And even if you don't get your top choice, it's important to remember that as long as you can still get to your lectures, it's not going to matter after maybe the first two weeks. You get used to it and get to know your flatmates etc. And if you still really hate it after a while, rooms open up all the time from people leaving/moving, just call the accommodation office and ask what your options are. They're really helpful.

Thanks for your help
Thanks, I will stop worrying about registration now then! Just a small note though, should the mymanchester portal look different when it has updated to confirm your attendance? It says it will change layout within about 3 hours and I did mine yesterday? :s-smilie:

Mine still hasnt changed. I did it 6 hours ago
It's horrible hearing everyone is getting accommodation and stuff through and I am just here like whut? I knew I was in last week and none of my application seems to be going smoothly :s-smilie: haha
Got my place this morning- A*AB for MSci Earth Sciences.
I did not receive any email or link regarding registration- maybe it is because of me living at home. Not sure.
Hello everyone :smile:
I got my offer for Criminology today - asked for ABB but I got A*A*B.
Im also a bit worried, i haven't heard anything about my accommodation either - i do hope i'm not the only one stressing :colondollar:. Anyways, i hope everybody got what they wanted. you all worked hard and deserve it <3

I'm not sure sorry, it's been two years since I did it so I can't remember whether anything changed. I do remember having lots of problems with it however, like having to wait ages for things to update etc.

I'd give it a couple of days and then maybe contact Student Services if you're still unsure if it's doing what it's supposed to.

Original post by Citipati
Got my place this morning- A*AB for MSci Earth Sciences.
I did not receive any email or link regarding registration- maybe it is because of me living at home. Not sure.

You can confirm your attendance on My Manchester, you don't need an email or anything. Registration doesn't open until September so don't worry about that yet.

Latest

Trending

Trending