The Student Room Group

WJEC AS French FN2 21/05/2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by patricio_miguel
Haha you know...all they could hear was 'jsais pas' 'ahh.d'accord, non..je ne suis pas tout a fait certain...' literally I couldnt answer his random questions e.g. 'what is so bad about drinking fizzy drinks?' (hello? i dont know that vocab) or 'how do you measure success?' - erm...au revoir mate

I got asked 'What is the relevance of the Odyssey to modern day life?'

I cried, he butt in when I was responded asking me leading questions and I didn't get to finish and add complex structures. It was more like an interrogation!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 181
What a question to ask! I suppise its not what you say though, but how you say it. The fact he asked a question that difficult means he thought you could cope with it.
Reply 182
Good luck everyone. Try to get some sleep. Be proud of yourselves! An A/B/C/D grade doesnt matter, whats important is that you did your best and gave it your best shot.
Original post by virois
What a question to ask! I suppise its not what you say though, but how you say it. The fact he asked a question that difficult means he thought you could cope with it.

I started rambling about understanding the emotions the charcters felt which connects us to people in the ancient society so we can learn more about it xD

I think he caught on to my bull**** :wink:
Reply 184
I got an A.
Original post by virois
I got an A.

U said it like its nothing haha! Lucky you!
I got an A too
الحمد لله :smile:
OMG I got 4 A's for my As :smile: including French! So happy!!! Should I carry on with 4? (Philosophy and psychology?)
Reply 188
Well done!
I had 4 A's, with an A in french!! Congrats guys!! 😀
Allow you guys- I got a B which is two UMS off an A. I'm just gonna blame the native speakers :tongue:
Original post by EastGuava
Allow you guys- I got a B which is two UMS off an A. I'm just gonna blame the native speakers :tongue:

deffo get a remark! you were close so your school might pay for it if you ask
Original post by yasmin#2
deffo get a remark! you were close so your school might pay for it if you ask

Yeah, I'll see what my teachers say. The only thing is that I wasn't even expecting a B, I thought I'd get lower so who knows they might have got some of the marking wrong 😂 but if my school pays for it I've got nothing to lose I suppose :smile:
Yeah, I'll see what my teachers say. The only thing is that I wasn't even expecting a B, I thought I'd get lower so who knows they might have got some of the marking wrong 😂 but if my school pays for it I've got nothing to lose I suppose :smile:

the examiner is probably French so I doubt it, you probably deserved the high B
and exactly :biggrin:
very happy with my A in French, hope I can get the same result next year
I really wasn't expecting to do so well in the oral, I got 57/60 marks
Reply 195
Youve all do really really well. Who's continuing to A Level?

Think whether y want it remarked as it can go down :wink: also u can bring your grade up by those 2 marks next year !
Woop! A in French has made me so happy!! :biggrin:
Hope everyone else did well too!
Reply 198
How many UMS did you get on FN1 and 2? I got 75 UMS on FN1 and 108 UMS on FN2.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by virois
How many UMS did you get on FN1 and 2? I got 75 UMS on FN1 and 108 UMS on FN2.

so high well done! i got 73 UMS (57/60 raw, so you got 58 if you didn't know :biggrin:) on FN1, FN2 wasn't as high but I scraped an A by 4 marks so you get the idea

edit: worked out via grade boundaries that I got 75 marks (96 UMS)
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending