The Student Room Group

Cambridge Offer Holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

i havent even thought about my accommodation oh well time to get searching
Original post by Lucilou101
All colleges offer accommodation for at least two years - and thats an official stance.

Most will offer 3, sometimes 4. Normally those that don't also have it as an option through ballots - but that's the minority.

Original post by vincrows
Is it possible some colleges have accommodation for 2/3/4 yrs but not for all the students, like you can get it if you're successful in ballots? Anyway one of them only graduated this summer and he only lived in college accommodation in the first year and it wasn't his choice he had to go private
In the second year onwards.

I just checked - and only 5 offer accommodation for 2 years. The rest are your entire degree - so 3/4. And most of the ones that offer 2 years also offer a third for the majority of students :smile:
Original post by parahmore
i havent even thought about my accommodation oh well time to get searching

You don't need to search at all - your college will organise your room for first year :smile:
Original post by Lucilou101
All colleges offer accommodation for at least two years - and thats an official stance.

Most will offer 3, sometimes 4. Normally those that don't also have it as an option through ballots - but that's the minority.

Ok maybe they went to the minorities then....:wink:
My son was at Churchill and had to pay ยฃ1500 when he arrived. He got it back at the end, which meant college actually owed him a small amount when he left.
WOOP IM GOING TO CAMBRIDGE KINGS i missed my offer for French and Portuguese i got A/A/A i was meant to get A*/A/A but still got in YAY scared im going to be the only scouser there

Don't worry about it! Although do expect a bit of flack for having a non-southern accent. I'm Irish and I constantly have the piss taken out of me.
WOOP IM GOING TO CAMBRIDGE KINGS i missed my offer for French and Portuguese i got A/A/A i was meant to get A*/A/A but still got in YAY scared im going to be the only scouser there

How much did you miss your offer by, if you don't mind me asking? And is that your original college choice? Congratulations by the way :biggrin: :biggrin:
Hey I'm an AS student and I just got my results and disappointed. Just wanted some advice and honest opinions do you think I could still apply with....
Biology 83%
Chemistry 79%
Geography 95%
Mathematics 74%
I want to be a Bio Nat Sci and no mean comments please!

Original post by paradoxicalme
AABB is good (don't lose sight of that, they're really good grades) but you'd be struggling for Cambridge, since they're so hot on UMS and your three most relevant subjects (which are what they include as your UMS average) average out to a B. My advice would be to work like hell in A2, apply to some good places (you could get places at a lot of great unis with good predicted and those ASes) and then, if you get the grades for cambridge, reapply in a gap year. That way, if you end up with A*A*A or better you're in a good position to apply, and if not you're going somewhere great anyway.

Thank you :smile: that made me feel much better! I'm a perfectionist and very self critical so i just felt like no university would consider me.
When you reapply in a gap year is the ucas process the same?
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm an offer holder but I've missed my offer, only got 4 A's, I've sent off all my forms and scores to Magdalene but they still haven't got back to me. Is anyone in the same boat or have any advice, massively freaking out and would much rather be rejected than have to wait through this.
Original post by DiddyDodd
Woop!! So excited, so happy with my results!! :biggrin:

Nice! I wonder if our paths crossed at interviews
Original post by HopefulLawyerHG
Law, and one of the A* was general studies

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmmmm... I'd never have thought law would be specified. Especially seeing as it's one they prefer less

Yay congrats! Now a second-year MMLer, I hope you'll enjoy your first year as much as I did... eeeee I'm not a fresher anymore! D:
Original post by bethanyyyy
4 A*s, got my offer and managed not to get stuck in a toilet, good day tbh (now I'm never gonna milk that joke ever again)

HAHAHAHA IT'S YOU

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HopefulLawyerHG
So, I got 3A* and a C but unfortunately I needed an A in what I got a C in so I have been rejected but am off to Warwick

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did Warwick accept the C?
Original post by Paralove
Yay congrats! Now a second-year MMLer, I hope you'll enjoy your first year as much as I did... eeeee I'm not a fresher anymore! D:
k?y m,,?y' ''u

Thank you!!. How is it? Worried I'm going to find the Portuguese hard as I've only been learning it for 2 years
I'm in! I'm so happy and can't really believe this is real!
k?y m,,?y' ''u

Thank you!!. How is it? Worried I'm going to find the Portuguese hard as I've only been learning it for 2 years

I do French and ab initio Spanish. Are you doing Portuguese ab initio or post A-Level? And what sort of things would you like to know? I can advise on all things French for sure!

If you have lots of questions feel free to drop me a PM also! :smile:
Original post by ContraryRhyme20
I'm an offer holder but I've missed my offer, only got 4 A's, I've sent off all my forms and scores to Magdalene but they still haven't got back to me. Is anyone in the same boat or have any advice, massively freaking out and would much rather be rejected than have to wait through this.

I'm in the same boat! Missed out on that A* by a few marks and am waiting for Selwyn to get back to me. Quite happy with my insurance but still hopeful, just wish I could know so I can celebrate either way!!! Anyone else experienced this?!
Original post by godmadecaffeine
Sorry guys, does anyone have any information or sources for switching courses once you've met your cambridge offer. Would hugely appreciate it !

From what to what?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Charliemay96
I'm in the same boat! Missed out on that A* by a few marks and am waiting for Selwyn to get back to me. Quite happy with my insurance but still hopeful, just wish I could know so I can celebrate either way!!! Anyone else experienced this?!

Ahhh finally I think you're the only other person I've seen on here that's just narrowly missed it. Let's hope that's a good sign for our chances of getting in ๐Ÿ˜

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ContraryRhyme20
Ahhh finally I think you're the only other person I've seen on here that's just narrowly missed it. Let's hope that's a good sign for our chances of getting in ๐Ÿ˜

Posted from TSR Mobile

Definitely!! Keep me updated on your application!! Such a stressful time, just want to start planning :P What is it you want to study there?

Quick Reply

Latest