The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

end it then, you obviously dont love her
Reply 2
End it. Go be single and enjoy freshers week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
If you feel like that about her then why are you even with her? I get wanting to meet new people but seems like the relationship isn't great anyway.
Good luck going clubbing and meeting new people! XD
Reply 5
Lol am i supposed to feel sorry for you?
Aw what a shame now you can't cheat on her without her knowing... What an annoyance. Hmph.
Original post by Little Popcorns
Aw what a shame now you can't cheat on her without her knowing... What an annoyance. Hmph.

Still could, just has to be a tad more careful and sneaky.

Good luck OP! :h:
(edited 8 years ago)
Relationships never last throughout University anyway, end it now.
If i had a GF and we were going to the same uni i would be over the moon
How will that stop you going clubbing and meeting new people
Just take your GF along and problem solved
Or you can beak up and when freshers week starts she would know why you left her

They must love you at parties.
If your girlfriend is being paranoid, you need to confront her about it. The chances are that at your fresher's week, people will be trying to get off with you at club nights and such, so you need to explain to your girlfriend that at the end of the day, YOU are the one that she has to trust. As long as you don't get off with other people, she has no reason to be concerned.
However, having a clingy girlfriend will definitely put a dampener on your social life, especially if she's the sort who doesn't like you having friends that are girls. Seriously think about your relationship now, because if you break up before you both start uni, she'll have some time to move on and meet new people herself, whereas if you break it off at uni, things will get awkward really fast. I know several people who had relationships when they came to uni, and they had all broken up within a month because meeting so many new people tends to put a strain on a relationship. I only know one couple who remained a couple through their first year, and they only managed it because they were both anti-social and only liked spending time with each other.

So in short, think about the relationship and whether you really wanted to be tied to your girlfriend during your uni experience. I personally think breaking up might be the best option but I don't know you or your girlfriend, and you might be able to make the relationship work. It doesn't matter how much advice you get, the decision is ultimately up to you.

Its still possible. Shes not gonna be at the same halls as me.
Original post by Anonymous

i really hope you was being sarcastic..why are you even with her if you're considering cheating? you may as well end it, you don't seem that into her from what i can tell..or try explaining to her that you wanna meet new people but if she's a paranoid girlfriend i don't think that will even go down well lol
move unis
Manchester was my firm choice and i got in. My girlfriend didnt get her firm choice and applied to manchester through clearing and got in. Is my uni life over, shes one of those paranoid girlfriends. Shes excited but i wanted to meet new people, she will mostly like cling on to me thoughout uni.

that is way too close for comfort.
The only reason I really understand this is if people want to sleep around. If not I don't see why you can't just explain that you want to do your own thing, go out on your own and suggest she does the same. That's a massive part of uni so it's not too much to ask.

If you really think she's gonna ruin the experience for you though, maybe you shouldn't be with her
Original post by Ryanx623
They must love you at parties.

Lol
Lol
Original post by zyzzyspirit
Still could, just has to be a tad more careful and sneaky.

Good luck OP! :h:
Lol

Children please. Curb your excitement.

Children please. Curb your excitement.

How old are you?
Reply 19
Just end it, not worth the hassle surely. But do it now, so she has a few weeks to get over it before she starts uni.

Latest

Trending

Trending