The Student Room Group

Replying for next year, will I get into Warwick law school?

Hi, after achieving better than expected A-Levels, notably, A*A*AA (law, sociology, economics and accounting), I am considering reapplying to do law at Warwick, or perhaps at Bristol uni. I did, however, achieve some bad GCSE's (4As, 5Bs, 1C), realistically, what are my chances of getting into Warwick? Do you think my A-Level subjects are not rigourous enough to get into Warwick, or to perper me for a law degree?

Thank you.
Original post by madrid90
Hi, after achieving better than expected A-Levels, notably, A*A*AA (law, sociology, economics and accounting), I am considering reapplying to do law at Warwick, or perhaps at Bristol uni. I did, however, achieve some bad GCSE's (4As, 5Bs, 1C), realistically, what are my chances of getting into Warwick? Do you think my A-Level subjects are not rigourous enough to get into Warwick, or to perper me for a law degree?

Thank you.

Why reapply? Law is in clearing (and presumably adjustment) at Warwick. Phone them up.
Reply 2
Original post by nulli tertius
Why reapply? Law is in clearing (and presumably adjustment) at Warwick. Phone them up.

I called far too late, and they no longer have spaces available. Do you think I should reapply, and if so, do you think I stand a chance?
I called far too late, and they no longer have spaces available. Do you think I should reapply, and if so, do you think I stand a chance?

I think you should reapply! You already have exceeded their A-level entry requirement and you'll probably be given an unconditional offer. During your gap year, you can get tons of work experience or go on holiday!
Reply 4
Original post by chloe2015
I think you should reapply! You already have exceeded their A-level entry requirement and you'll probably be given an unconditional offer. During your gap year, you can get tons of work experience or go on holiday!

Thank you every so much, I think I'm going to really :smile:

I do think you have a very good chance.

However when the clearing hype has ended in two to three weeks I would just contact the department directly. The odd person may have dropped out or been adjusted away and you are a very strong candidate. There is always a chance they might squeeze you in this year.
I am not sure why you're limiting yourself to Bristol and Warwick. With grades like that, you should be looking at Oxbridge, LSE, UCL, Durham, KCL.
Original post by callum_law
I am not sure why you're limiting yourself to Bristol and Warwick. With grades like that, you should be looking at Oxbridge, LSE, UCL, Durham, KCL.

I'd assumed he had his heart set on Warwick and UCL's Portland Stone wouldn't cut the mustard against Warwick's greying reinforced concrete.
Original post by nulli tertius
I'd assumed he had his heart set on Warwick and UCL's Portland Stone wouldn't cut the mustard against Warwick's greying reinforced concrete.

It takes all sorts ...

Thank you.

Why are you bothering to make this thread? If you meet or exceed Warwick's entry requirements, you'll get an unconditional offer (providing you write a good personal statement)
Original post by Not Anonymous
Why are you bothering to make this thread? If you meet or exceed Warwick's entry requirements, you'll get an unconditional offer (providing you write a good personal statement)

In 2012, he said he had an interview at Homerton College, Cambridge. Perhaps explains the red gem.

You're welcome :smile: But since you've received excellent results, you could even apply to somewhere like UCL and perhaps get an unconditional offer as you have exceeded their entry requirements too. But, if you have your heart set on Warwick then you can decide.
Reply 12

Thank you, you have all restored my faith, and I really appreciate the advice everyone is giving - so thank you very much.
Reply 13
In 2012, he said he had an interview at Homerton College, Cambridge. Perhaps explains the red gem.

That's right, haha that was a very long time ago - my circumstances took a turn for the worse, but now I'm hoping to start fresh again :smile: damn I still have the rejection letter
That's right, haha that was a very long time ago - my circumstances took a turn for the worse, but now I'm hoping to start fresh again :smile: damn I still have the rejection letter

They sent me a rejection letter and one to my school. I have two -- I win!
Reply 15
You're welcome :smile: But since you've received excellent results, you could even apply to somewhere like UCL and perhaps get an unconditional offer as you have exceeded their entry requirements too. But, if you have your heart set on Warwick then you can decide.

Warwick is just far more convient for me, if I move out to London it's going to be very tough to finance everything.
Reply 16
They sent me a rejection letter and one to my school. I have two -- I win!

Haha, I give you that victory :smile: everything happens for a reason :smile: where do you study law?
Reply 17
Hi, you probably won’t see this as you made this post 6 years ago but in case you do…I’m exactly in the same boat as you, I just quite recently got my a- level results A*A*A (English Literature, Geography, Economics) so I exceeded my predicted grades (BAA) but this meant that I could now apply to Warwick which is where I originally wanted to go but was rejected initially definitely because of my predicted grades. Long story short I tried to adjust but there were no spaces for both PPE and EPAIS so I’m taking a gap year and reapplying.I know law and PPE/ EPAIS are different courses but did you end up getting an offer when you reapplied and how competitive was it to get into law 6 years ago?

Latest

Trending

Trending