The Student Room Group

Will the real TeeEm please stand up!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1200
Original post by Dylann
Haha, nothing wrong with that. Higher boundaries should mean students are becoming smarter...which is in part due to people like you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

..:colondollar:
Original post by TeeEm
..:colondollar:

so now you have to reveal who you actually are. my money is still on ginger.
Original post by Dylann
so now you have to reveal who you actually are. my money is still on ginger.

the weightlifter for sure
Original post by TeeEm
all the best

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1439542884.471507.jpg

Why wouldn't this get me full marks on Q8a FP2??

I admit that the U looks like an X but on either line each side there's a U so I assumed that would be BOD.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mutleybm1996

I admit that the U looks like an X but on either line each side there's a U so I assumed that would be BOD.

Posted from TSR Mobile

When calculating d2ydx2 \frac{d^2y}{dx^2} you've missed out du/dx, so the next line (subbing in) doesn't work
Original post by Gome44
When calculating d2ydx2 \frac{d^2y}{dx^2} you've missed out du/dx, so the next line (subbing in) doesn't work

Damn!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mutleybm1996

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did u get your exam back?
Looking at a bit of c3/4 ahead of september and tried one of your integration qs. I have the wrong answer but can anyone find my error(s)? I tried substitution...solution uses partial fractions to simplify but I don't know what they are yet lol

image.jpg
Haven't done this question but think you forgot to multiply by dv/du when you substituted v in as you were integrating with respect to u. Same procedure as when you substituted u in.
Reply 1209
Original post by Fudge2
Looking at a bit of c3/4 ahead of september and tried one of your integration qs. I have the wrong answer but can anyone find my error(s)? I tried substitution...solution uses partial fractions to simplify but I don't know what they are yet lol

image.jpg

this integral can only be done by partial fractions
Original post by TeeEm
this integral can only be done by partial fractions

That is honestly heartbreaking I spent too much time on that. Lol thanks though

Original post by rcmehta
Haven't done this question but think you forgot to multiply by dv/du when you substituted v in as you were integrating with respect to u. Same procedure as when you substituted u in.

So I did! Turns out it can't be done by substitution but if it could that probably would've been my error haha thanks
Reply 1211
I started writing the IYGB special papers A to Z which will cover C1 to C4 combined in one paper. I have uploaded in my site paper Z and paper Y and planning to write one new paper every week so all papers will be ready by February 2016. (Note I am working back to front)

These papers will cater for the NEW mathematics syllabus, however they are NOT for standard practice as most of the questions are very hard. They will also serve as a bridge for those preparing/practising MAT/AEA/STEP although their style is different.

Note at this stage mark allocation, timings and a few other bits are subject to change because I need to try them with students, so at this stage treat them as drafts.

Any feedback welcome
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1212
Sympathy post
IYGB = if you got balls

btw
Original post by TeeEm

If you're interested in an alternate for paper Z q3, here you go:

IMG_20150821_030853079[1].jpg
Original post by TeeEm

You're still here :C
Reply 1217
Original post by fatart123
If you're interested in an alternate for paper Z q3, here you go:

IMG_20150821_030853079[1].jpg

always looking for alternatives.

many thanks
Original post by Dylann
IYGB = if you got balls

btw

I'm sure Jia Xian would be quite offended by that...
Reply 1219
Original post by edothero
You're still here :C

just working in the background ...
(bit busy writing new things these days)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending