The Student Room Group

Cambridge Offer Holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Charliemay96
Definitely!! Keep me updated on your application!! Such a stressful time, just want to start planning :P What is it you want to study there?

I will do 😊 you too, let's hope they give us a second chance aha 😁 me too, I don't really mind about the decision just need to make sure I can secure accommodation for York. I want to study HSPS, what are you hopefully studying ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ContraryRhyme20
I will do 😊 you too, let's hope they give us a second chance aha 😁 me too, I don't really mind about the decision just need to make sure I can secure accommodation for York. I want to study HSPS, what are you hopefully studying ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Law, hopefully! I'll be off to Cardiff if Cambridge don't want me-- Want to make sure my accommodation isn't on the edge of nowhere lol!
Original post by Charliemay96
Law, hopefully! I'll be off to Cardiff if Cambridge don't want me-- Want to make sure my accommodation isn't on the edge of nowhere lol!

Either way you're sorted for life 👌 exactly how I feel, as an insurance choice I'm already disadvantaged let alone having to wait for Cambridge to decide.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Congrats to those who made their offers!

As a (rapidly ageing) Cam grad I still flick through these forums occasionally even though I don't have the time to post properly anymore. That should be some indication of how much the uni shaped me and how much I value my time there.

Ie you guys are in for a fantastic 3/4/more years.
Reply 3404
Btw does anybody know when we will receive access to Raven system if at all before we arrive for Michaelmas term?
Original post by ClickItBack
Congrats to those who made their offers!

As a (rapidly ageing) Cam grad I still flick through these forums occasionally even though I don't have the time to post properly anymore. That should be some indication of how much the uni shaped me and how much I value my time there.

Ie you guys are in for a fantastic 3/4/more years.

I really hope so.

I feel so lost now, I don't know what I'm doing...
Current Cambridge student here, just checking in to say a massive CONGRATULATIONS to you all :smile:

Original post by mdemda
Btw does anybody know when we will receive access to Raven system if at all before we arrive for Michaelmas term?

I didn't until I'd actually moved in, but that was a couple of years ago. They may have changed that since... but I doubt it...
Original post by mdemda

I was contacted about setting it prior to arriving, but for some it wasn't until they got there. You'll get sent something between now and October, likely in September if I remember right, for setting it up, don't panic.
Original post by jneill
He got in! Christ's just called him and confirmed. :smile:
:party::party::party:

He's delighted!

Thanks @Lucilou101 @physicsmaths @tomfailinghelp @EHZ17 @BBeyond @Elcor @Duskstar @Rhetorical Hips @bored565 @TVIO @Mini-Me and everyone else for the support this morning...

You guys rock.

And congratulations and commisserations to everyone else.

Thrilled for you and him. Well done!

Posted from TSR Mobile
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3506607&p=58458007#post58458007

Thread for anyone else in the summer pool :smile:

Original post by ShellySpielberg
I am, so nervous for tomorrow :s-smilie:Congrats to everyone who's gotten in!Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah yes!! Good luck. Do we def hear back tomorrow? I thought they decided tomorrow but could let us know a bit later!

Original post by paradoxicalme
Good luck! I hope they fish you, after all you only missed your offer by one grade. Are you a science or humanities degree person again? :smile:

Thankyou, I hope so too :smile: I'm physical natural sciences over here!
Original post by Colmans
Thrilled for you and him. Well done!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks Colmans. You have been a font of useful knowledge throughout all this. Cheers!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cerlohee
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3506607&p=58458007#post58458007

Thread for anyone else in the summer pool :smile:

Ah yes!! Good luck. Do we def hear back tomorrow? I thought they decided tomorrow but could let us know a bit later!

Thankyou, I hope so too :smile: I'm physical natural sciences over here!

I can only speak for Magdalene College but my email confirms that the whole decision process and correspondence from the admissions office, regarding their decision, should be complete before 6pm

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can only speak for Magdalene College but my email confirms that the whole decision process and correspondence from the admissions office, regarding their decision, should be complete before 6pm

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah great! Thankyou :smile:
Original post by Paralove
I was contacted about setting it prior to arriving, but for some it wasn't until they got there. You'll get sent something between now and October, likely in September if I remember right, for setting it up, don't panic.

Original post by dragonkeeper999
Current Cambridge student here, just checking in to say a massive CONGRATULATIONS to you all :smile:

I didn't until I'd actually moved in, but that was a couple of years ago. They may have changed that since... but I doubt it...

What do you get access to through the Raven system?

That's what @Peterhouse Admissions said too.
Original post by Elcor
What do you get access to through the Raven system?

Pretty much everything you'll need on various websites - uni emails (Hermes), lecture notes if you're lucky (CamTools / Moodle), your results and contact info etc. (CamSIS), it also lets you login to access journals, research papers, etc. from various external websites :smile:
Original post by vincrows
You're paying money to be 'remarked' not buying higher marks.

Edited to add:

Yup. All they guarantee is that a new marker will look at it. They also charge if the grade doesn't change but the marks go up!!! Boo
Original post by mazzletazzle
Yup. All they guarantee is that a new marker will look at it. They also charge if the grade doesn't change but the marks go up!!! Boo

Markers have to get paid somehow :P
Original post by camaieu
Markers have to get paid somehow :P

True, but of roughly £40 per paper about £2 goes to marker ... GREEDY exam boards and their profit margins are at fault. EDEXCEL are among the worst. Most expensive exam entries and remarks and highest profits...
Original post by mazzletazzle
True, but of roughly £40 per paper about £2 goes to marker ... GREEDY exam boards and their profit margins are at fault. EDEXCEL are among the worst. Most expensive exam entries and remarks and highest profits...

I'm not sure you can really blame greed for the size of profit margins 😄

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending