The Student Room Group

AQA English Literature B

Can someone help me figure out the UMS marks for the english exam. I got 156 and really want to know how far i am off an A?
Does anyone know? :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
That's 156/200 UMS, 160 is an A, so you were quite close there :frown: Which paper did you take?
Reply 2
Original post by ewil
That's 156/200 UMS, 160 is an A, so you were quite close there :frown: Which paper did you take?

thank you! do you how many raw marks that is? I did aspects of narrative :smile: hope your exams went well!
Reply 3
Original post by Joanna5050
thank you! do you how many raw marks that is?

It depends on which unit you look at at what mark you currently have. You can check by looking up your current LITB1 UMS here: http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administration/about-results/uniform-mark-scale/convert-marks-to-ums and converting it to raw marks. Then see how many more raw marks you'd need for 4 more UMS.
Reply 4
Thanks for you're help!
Reply 5
Original post by Joanna5050
thank you! do you how many raw marks that is? I did aspects of narrative :smile: hope your exams went well!

Ah I think thats the other AQA Lit to me - I do Lit A sorry, but the UMS % is always the same - 80% A (160/200), 70% B (140), 60% C (120), etc. It was okayish, was a bit gutted with my english score compared to what I'd expected and history wasn't as strong as I'd hoped, but it'll be alright. Hope your others went well too :smile: As Compost said, for raw marks play around with the converter on AQA site

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending