TSR un-official NFL fantasy football discussion 15/16 Watch

..DT..
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Afternoon all.

This is a new thread to help organise NFL discussion so that the general conversation thread doesn't become clustered with fantasy talk once the season begins.

We also, for the third year as far as I am aware, are running a TSR fantasy NFL league on NFL.com. Regular posters on the NFL thread will be the first accepted into the league, but if there are still spots open after that anyone is welcome (provided you actively participate and don't leave your team to crash and burn). Please quote me in a post if you are asking to be involved so I don't miss the post by accident.

So feel free to share your mock drafts, pre-season strategy and thoughts for the coming season here.
SmashConcept
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
League Reference Post

Draft
Sunday 30th August, 8:30pm
Standard format snake draft

Teams in draft order

1. Tebows Third Down Conversion -- jammy4041
2. Tannesaurus Rex -- Wattsy's friend
3. We're Charging On -- A Mysterious Lord
4. Red Wright 88 -- shunter7634
5. Petr Cech that Hazard -- orange crush
6. Dez caught it -- Motorbiker
7. Middlewich Witches -- Josh_Stride
8. Shad Khan has a Swimming Pool -- Wattsy
9. IK u smell what Rex is cooking -- SmashConcept
10. Hernandez Pistol Offense -- ..DT..

Division 1
IK u smell what Rex is cooking -- SmashConcept
Middlewich Witches -- Josh_Stride
Tebows Third Down Conversion -- jammy4041
We're Charging On -- A Mysterious Lord
Petr Cech that Hazard -- orange crush

Division 2
Hernandez Pistol Offense -- ..DT..
Dez caught it -- Motorbiker
Red Wright 88 -- shunter7634
Shad Khan has a Swimming Pool -- Wattsy
Tannesaurus Rex -- Wattsy's friend
..DT..
Rep:
?
I'm still Hernandez' pistol offense as of last season. If I think of something better I'll change it, but tbh seeing as the name is on the trophy I might keep it
SmashConcept
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
There are some strong names in the league so far IMO, I like yours.
jammy4041
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I was Jolt From The Holt. I will be renaming my franchise though...
jammy4041
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Also, is it going to be a straight up fantasy draft, not an offline one right?
..DT..
Rep:
?
(Original post by jammy4041)
Also, is it going to be a straight up fantasy draft, not an offline one right?
yeah it will be. Offline ones take too much time i think.
Wattsy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi everyone! Smash your name is a banger, if only he'd have elbowed poor Geno then it would be hands down the best name I have ever seen.

Prospective entrants, say no to cookie cutter names; if you've seen it on one of the fantasy name articles then it's too unoriginal imo.
shunter7634
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yet to decide whether to keep Red Wright 88 or change it. I guess the advantage of picking a name that was relevant 30 years ago is that it doesn't age much more.
shunter7634
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Also, is there any chance we can change the divisions? I don't want to be stuck with you guys again...
orange crush
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm in if there's spaces. Not really discussed NFL on this before, but my username should give my allegiances away. Will be my 7th year of fantasy
Motorbiker
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
In on thread. Will set up my nfl.Com account tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile
..DT..
Rep:
?
(Original post by shunter7634)
Also, is there any chance we can change the divisions? I don't want to be stuck with you guys again...
I'll randomize them once we fill up, maybe putting 1 and 4 seed from last years playoff on one side and 2 and 3 on the other.
Wattsy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm on board with re-randomising the divisions. We've got new people so it's only fair, if I could not take multiple losses where I score over 100 that would great!

Do you want to go on the fan board on the main NFL thread Orange Crush? We have other Broncos fans on there too.
orange crush
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Wattsy)
I'm on board with re-randomising the divisions. We've got new people so it's only fair, if I could not take multiple losses where I score over 100 that would great!

Do you want to go on the fan board on the main NFL thread Orange Crush? We have other Broncos fans on there too.
Go for it
jammy4041
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
My team is now 'Tebows Third Down Conversion.' At least, I thought that it was witty.
SmashConcept
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by shunter7634)
Yet to decide whether to keep Red Wright 88 or change it. I guess the advantage of picking a name that was relevant 30 years ago is that it doesn't age much more.
I liked that, plus it makes you look smart and well read. The same applies to DT's name, which will stop being funny once Hernandez gets let out or Odin Lloyd comes back to life - whichever happens first.

(Original post by jammy4041)
My team is now 'Tebows Third Down Conversion.' At least, I thought that it was witty.
I like this too.

(Original post by Wattsy)
Hi everyone! Smash your name is a banger, if only he'd have elbowed poor Geno then it would be hands down the best name I have ever seen.

Prospective entrants, say no to cookie cutter names; if you've seen it on one of the fantasy name articles then it's too unoriginal imo.

And agreed. I'd rather have a boring name than a joke name that someone else thought of.
Motorbiker
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by SmashConcept)
I liked that, plus it makes you look smart and well read. The same applies to DT's name, which will stop being funny once Hernandez gets let out or Odin Lloyd comes back to life - whichever happens first.

I like this too.

And agreed. I'd rather have a boring name than a joke name that someone else thought of.
I have thought of a name but it'll be the same thing 1,000 other cowboys fans w I'll be using probably.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Motorbiker
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by SmashConcept)
I know I for one would find it useful as hell to have everyone's team names and usernames in one post so that I know who to talk **** to, so as people post them I'll go ahead and edit them into this post.

IK u smell what Rex is cooking -- SmashConcept
Hernandez Pistol Offense -- ..DT..
Shad Khan has a Swimming Pool -- Wattsy
Tebows Third Down Conversion -- jammy4041
Red Wright 88 -- shunter7634
I have set up my account on nfl. Com.

What type of league are we going for? When are we doing the draft?

My team name will be "Dez caught it" because I'm hilarious and unoriginal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Josh_Stride
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ..DT..)
This is a new thread to help organise NFL discussion so that the general conversation thread doesn't become clustered with fantasy talk once the season begins.
Just want to reassert my interest in fantasy. Already in a few leagues and have already drafted in a couple so I'm massively looking forward to adding another! I can also guarantee that I'll be active...

Cheers!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 2 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (404)
18.58%
The paper was reasonable (1035)
47.61%
Not feeling great about that exam... (483)
22.22%
It was TERRIBLE (252)
11.59%

Watched Threads