The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Prison Break season 1 was beast.
Might watch it to season 3.
Original post by e aí rapaz
To be fair to this over-emotional lot, when they do try to share their emotions they get comments like

You're kind of contradicting yourself.

I agree with her point about blokes needing to open up and talk about stuff more, but you've seriously kicked her head in there.
Original post by At.8
If you're ever feeling emotional Pimped Butterfly, I'll help you. All I'm saying is men need to open up a bit and stop being so guarded, doesn't make you any less of a man if you do.

Wait, do you honestly believe women who are on their period cry at every little thing?

Obviously the lad above has exposed the retarded contradictions in your posts, I'm not sure whether you're trolling or not. But either way feel free to 'help' me.

No lol
I've always thought men open up a lot more than women. If someone asks what's up with me I'll just tell them, unless it's incredibly personal.
Reply 8364
To be fair to this over-emotional lot, when they do try to share their emotions they get comments like

You're kind of contradicting yourself.

That was clearly a joke, don't blame me if you can't get over it

Posted from TSR Mobile
I dunno what you're getting vexed at me for.

Who even is this girl?
I think part of the problem is that a fair number of men don't really have anyone to open up to even if they wanted to. Lived with 6 other guys at uni and I would never dare approach one of them and say that something was up - half of them had no idea how to react and the other half would just bring it up in conversation later as banter.

Women are much better at the 'emotional' stuff so they naturally have better support networks, there's a reason why 80% of suicide cases are men. I've always had a few girls who i'm close to and who've acted as an emotional rock on multiple occasions, but a lot of men don't seem to have any close female friends at all. They have their girlfriend and that's basically it. Who is a 50 year old divorced male going to open up to for example?

Original post by Pimped Butterfly
Love it when women say **** like this, then you ask them if they're okay and they snap like 'DO I ****IN LOOK OKAY WHY WOULD I NOT BE OKAY WHO THE **** DO YOU THINK YOU ARE YOU'RE NEVER THERE FOR ME I'M A STRONG INDEPENDENT BLACK WOMAN WHO DONT NEED NO FAKEASS BITCHASS DRAKE *****'

Ffs this is so true :lol:

Original post by Kenan and Kel
Just rewatched the start of When Harry Met Sally. So, is it possible for men and women to be friends? Or does the sex always get in the way.

Of course they can.
Reply 8367
I dunno what you're getting vexed at me for.

Who even is this girl?

I'm not getting vexed. I'm just saying it was a sarcastic comment and if it got to you I'll apologise.

All I mean is men should just open up, it'll do you some good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
I think part of the problem is that a fair number of men don't really have anyone to open up to even if they wanted to. Lived with 6 other guys at uni and I would never dare approach one of them and say that something was up - half of them had no idea how to react and the other half would just bring it up in conversation later as banter.

I know what you're saying but it looks ridiculous when someone else is saying it.

Women are much better at the 'emotional' stuff so they naturally have better support networks, there's a reason why 80% of suicide cases are men. I've always had a few girls who i'm close to and who've acted as an emotional rock on multiple occasions, but a lot of men don't seem to have any close female friends at all. They have their girlfriend and that's basically it. Who is a 50 year old divorced male going to open up to for example?

I agree, & good post.
Original post by Wilfred Little
I know what you're saying but it looks ridiculous when someone else is saying it.

I agree, & good post.

I don't think i'd ever feel comfortable talking to another guy about that sort of thing tbh. Not sure why. I was a bit down about something yesterday for example so I sent my best friend a fairly long winded WhatsApp message and we talked it out. I'd be mortified if one of the guys saw the contents of that message!
Reply 8370
Original post by sr90

I understand if there's no one to open up to but even if there is they still don't. Most of my male mates rely on me where we talk through it and I don't mind listening at all. But then there's some where I'm like 'you can speak to me' they go 'I'm fine I don't need to' when you know they're not fine. I understand if they're not ready to talk but they're always reserved.

I get where you're coming from though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maybe you haven't met the right type of people then? I've got 7 or 8 real ****** I'd tell anything I wanted to, and they'd know not the blur the boundaries between personal info and roasting me. Would hate to open up to a girl like that actually, don't trust them.
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1439516945.920171.jpg

@Mad Vlad thoughts?
Not sure I explained properly, but I work in Berlin in Insurance atm.

Going to have to either move to Hamburg, or back to London soon, which is a shame really

Definitely not moving to Hamburg FFS
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Depleted
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1439516945.920171.jpg

@Mad Vlad thoughts?

Deal with it. If you think I care about this pathetic attempt at getting to me, you're gravely mistaken. I find it tragic if anything.

My jimmies are currently at rest.
umad Vlad?

Edit. ****. It's early. Feel as rough as a badgers arse

Wonder how that phrase came about. Would Google it but in on mobile data & wouldn't particularly want badger anus to come up under my search history. Also never realised the similarities between badgers & skunks until now
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TornadoGR4
umad Vlad?

He won't see this unless you tag him

@Mad Vlad
Night shifts are unbelievably ****. You must be ****ing wired backwards to do them permanently. Between 2-5am is definitely the worst. At least people start coming in around 5-6am
Original post by The Assassin
He won't see this unless you tag him

@Mad Vlad

Last time I tagged him I got a posting tip then got a yellow for asking Queen Cersei (who I won't tag out of politeness/fear) what team she supports.
Reply 8379
Original post by TornadoGR4
umad Vlad?

Edit. ****. It's early. Feel as rough as a badgers arse

Wonder how that phrase came about. Would Google it but in on mobile data & wouldn't particularly want badger anus to come up under my search history. Also never realised the similarities between badgers & skunks until now

****ing hell mate I know what you mean. So glad its Friday, wouldnt be able to do another early wake up tomorrow.

Also lol'd at @Mad Vlad, it's not that deep man :lol: since when did constantly tagging someone = bullying? It's just a few extra notifications.

Its like unsubscribing to emails and then if you still recieve them, reporting them to the relevant authorities for cyber bullying ffs :lol:
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest