The Student Room Group
On campus building at University of South Wales
University of South Wales

University of South Wales Treforest Campus

Just received my unconditional offer to study BA History at USW Treforest campus! Anyone else on the course? Or at least at the same campus? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Azzassin95
Just received my unconditional offer to study BA History at USW Treforest campus! Anyone else on the course? Or at least at the same campus? :smile:

Yellow! See you in a few then O.o
On campus building at University of South Wales
University of South Wales
Reply 2
Original post by Arkarian
Yellow! See you in a few then O.o

Awesomeness
Awesomeness

Yup I'll be in Glamorgan Court area for my dorm so I might see ya.
Reply 4
Yup I'll be in Glamorgan Court area for my dorm so I might see ya.

Argh, about that... My parents are a bunch of cheapskates who are making me travel by train all the way from Newport and back whenever I have Uni :frown:
I've recently been begging them to let me live in Treforest though, but I'm not sure if there will be space with the amount of students applying for accomodation. Not to mention the price (hence "cheapskates"). So if I don't make it to the halls, or at least some local cheap flat... Then I guess I might bump into you around campus? xD haha
Argh, about that... My parents are a bunch of cheapskates who are making me travel by train all the way from Newport and back whenever I have Uni :frown:
I've recently been begging them to let me live in Treforest though, but I'm not sure if there will be space with the amount of students applying for accomodation. Not to mention the price (hence "cheapskates":wink:. So if I don't make it to the halls, or at least some local cheap flat... Then I guess I might bump into you around campus? xD haha

Hey I'd invite you for a drink once everything settles, Although you will have to pay for your own as I don't really know you. (I'm just mentioning so you can't say I didn't warn you :P)
Reply 6
Hey I'd invite you for a drink once everything settles, Although you will have to pay for your own as I don't really know you. (I'm just mentioning so you can't say I didn't warn you :P)

That would be a flattering offer :smile: Although I don't drink for religious reasons (Which will probably make me less appealing to most students I guess haha, therefore making my social life practically non existent like it already is). Hopefully it won't be a huge deal or whatever, I can just buy a coke or something xD
That would be a flattering offer :smile: Although I don't drink for religious reasons (Which will probably make me less appealing to most students I guess haha, therefore making my social life practically non existent like it already is). Hopefully it won't be a huge deal or whatever, I can just buy a coke or something xD

Lol I really don't mind. It is up to you and I respect that you are able to stand up for your beliefs and you aren't afraid to make them your life.
You would be buying your own drink anyway so its not like I can force you to drink something lol.
Reply 8
Lol I really don't mind. It is up to you and I respect that you are able to stand up for your beliefs and you aren't afraid to make them your life.
You would be buying your own drink anyway so its not like I can force you to drink something lol.

Much appreciated :smile: what are you studying btw?
Much appreciated :smile: what are you studying btw?

Computer science - G594
Reply 10
Computer science - G594

Ah nice!
Ah nice!

I'm gonna head off to sleep. Do you want the drink before we start the year or once we get into it? :P
I start Sept 21st but I arrive at like 17th.
I can travel down to cardiff though lol.
Reply 12
I'm gonna head off to sleep. Do you want the drink before we start the year or once we get into it? :P
I start Sept 21st but I arrive at like 17th.
I can travel down to cardiff though lol.

I must have dozed off before you posted that haha :P
Erm... I'd say probably once we get into it. Since it costs quite a bit to travel to Treforest/Cardiff from mine (yes, I'm broke lol) so I may as well do it when I have class anyway haha :smile: cheers
Reply 13
hey guys, i'll be going Treforest soon, pretty excited
Original post by JM99
hey guys, i'll be going Treforest soon, pretty excited

Do you have a room or are you just taking a course?
Reply 15
Do you have a room or are you just taking a course?

Taking a course (English Higher Education) and I'll be living at home mate :smile:
I don't have any accommodation therefore I need to find somewhere to live! Does anyone need to fill a room in a shared house? Or is anyone else in the same situation and needs to find people?!
Reply 17
Original post by bethsmith979
I don't have any accommodation therefore I need to find somewhere to live! Does anyone need to fill a room in a shared house? Or is anyone else in the same situation and needs to find people?!

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/student-accommodation/Treforest.html

I've been looking at this site recently mate, seems to have a few good and cheap deals :smile: might find a room myself actually, to prevent me from having to travel all the way from Newport every single day xD
Hope it helps :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by JM99
Taking a course (English Higher Education) and I'll be living at home mate :smile:

You live locally I'm assuming? :smile:
Reply 19
You live locally I'm assuming? :smile:

Yeah mate, underwood :smile: (just outside Newport)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending