The Student Room Group

AS Biology Edexcel IAL Unit 1 & 2 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Original post by sara_ara98
Yeah i wrote alzehimer by forming nerve cells
And some other thing i dont quite remember
Posted from TSR Mobile

um im not entirely sure that would be correct actually :/ because afterall alzheimers caused by degeneration of microfibrils and microtubules in your brain cells (at least from what ive learnt from my summer camp)
Reply 301
Original post by Rulezz
what did u write for effect of mineral ions on flax plants?

that question was so weird i wasnt sure i need to include result from control group into the description thing :/
Yeah i wrote alzehimer by forming nerve cells
And some other thing i dont quite remember
Posted from TSR Mobile

Which question you are talking about, exactly??:frown:
Reply 303
can we discuss Unit 4 and 5 as well over here? :biggrin:
Original post by Sal296

I don't think everyone in this thread sitting for unit 4 n 5 too :tongue:
Original post by Sal296

I am taking unit 4,5 next year, is they're as difficult as unit 1,2 or much more difficult?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 306
Original post by PlayerBB
I am taking unit 4,5 next year, is they're as difficult as unit 1,2 or much more difficult?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Both are Hard, but Unit 4 is worse so tricky.
Unit 5 should be comparatively less harder, because its inclusive of a Scientific article which you prepare from early on and you kinda know the expected questions :P
Original post by PlayerBB

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't intend to scare you but yeah if you are doing bio as optional subject then I suggest you better drop it before you join A2!

and if you decide continuing then here's the suggestion:

Original post by Sal296
Both are Hard, but Unit 4 is worse so tricky.
Unit 5 should be comparatively less harder, because its inclusive of a Scientific article which you prepare from early on and you kinda know the expected questions :P

in fact it's (unit 4) actually worst of all units...I am literally dreading here right now! :frown:
Reply 308
Original post by Amir52
I don't intend to scare you but yeah if you are doing bio as optional subject then I suggest you better drop it before you join A2!

and if you decide continuing then here's the suggestion:

in fact it's (unit 4) actually worst of all units...I am literally dreading here right now! :frown:

I have Physics unit 2 to care of tomorrow, then Unit 4 BIO :frown:
Unofficial ms anyone??
How were your results guys?

I got in unit 1 92/120 so b and unit 2 111/120 so A 😃 , 44/60 in 3b,so overall A in biology, wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 312

unit 1: 108/120
unit 2: 96/120
unit 3: 54/60. overall A. Wbu?
Also, 4 A's in total.
Was surprised that some of my friends who deserved A's didn't get it :/
Original post by AvWOW
unit 1: 108/120
unit 2: 96/120
unit 3: 54/60. overall A. Wbu?
Also, 4 A's in total.
Was surprised that some of my friends who deserved A's didn't get it :/

How did you study? Pleaaaase tell me exactly how i really need to know

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 314
How did you study? Pleaaaase tell me exactly how i really need to know

Posted from TSR Mobile

I read up on lessons once I get home at least once every two weeks. I also ask even the slightest doubts I have (kinda annoyed my teachers lol).
There were instances whilst doing lessons when she would tell us how important a lesson is, and I would shorten form all that's needed. When there were paragraph worth descriptions I need to remember, I would find mnemonics really useful. Also, after every read up, I write out a summary through memory.
And finally, doing all the past papers, timed.
Also note, though these might have helped me, everyone has they're different ways of studying. Look up some more techniques. If you find certain ways really loathsome, (for me which would be short notes) don't do it. I found that it discourages me from wanting to do anything.
Good luck! xxx
Guys any predictions ?
Original post by hm1234
hey everyone! i how would you control the temperature when investigating the effect of caffeine on daphnia?

You should use a water bath set at a particular temperature. (Yes I know I'm late, but hopefully you find this useful somehow)

Quick Reply

Latest