The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Biology BIOL5 - 17th June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mehrdad jafari
It's cool. Not at the moment but maybe soon

Is your teacher providing you with these materials?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Teachers are too afraid of doing that

But there's no other away apart from accessing "secure materials"???!

Posted from TSR Mobile
But there is a way to hope!

Posted from TSR Mobile

:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
As some of you requested, here are the June 15 papers. I have also uploaded the ISA P and Q papers with their mark schemes. Note that I will upload unit 5 by tomorrow.

thank you sooooooo much for uploading this!!!!! :smile: I'll be looking out for unit 5
Grade boundries for BIOL4 and BIOL5 :wink:
Reply 2325
Here is the unit 5!

Hey hav u got access to the empas or markschemes yet?
Reply 2326
Constantly trying to be honest but no good news :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Got the empa papers yet bro?
Anyone else seriously worried for results :frown: I'm most scared for bio:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by may_1
Anyone else seriously worried for results :frown: I'm most scared for bio:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am! I just want it to come ASAP and get it over and done with. :angry:
Original post by Clairefro
I did 10a and wrote about:

Nervous response: thermoregulation, osmoreceptors, heart rate control (for enzymes)
Plants: tropisms and growth factors
Very briefly described taxis and kinesis
CO2 control for enzymes.
I think i focused too much on what they do rather than the importance of doing it.

I accidentally wrote that the hypothalamus controls heart rate rather than the medulla. Does anyone know how many marks I will have lost. I'm so annoyed with myself!

I wrote about these things too, was worried that the tropisms wasn't relevant but it is.
Probably lost 1 for scientific accuaracy.
so did the first but think I messed it up as I didn't quite interpret it properly. I think in the end I only talked about changes in the internal environment like temperature control, ADH and urine production, haemoglobin and control of heart rate :/

Can somebody help me with this, I'm panicking like mad that I've totally messed it up now. I know you can't tell me exactly what I've got but how many marks does it look like I'll drop?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JulietR
so did the first but think I messed it up as I didn't quite interpret it properly. I think in the end I only talked about changes in the internal environment like temperature control, ADH and urine production, haemoglobin and control of heart rate :/

Can somebody help me with this, I'm panicking like mad that I've totally messed it up now. I know you can't tell me exactly what I've got but how many marks does it look like I'll drop?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You'll be fine. sounds good as long as everything's accurate. you can only drop max 3 for accuracy. Just hope for the best, wishing you lots of luck 💜🙏🏽
10ums off the next grade, no point of remark right?
Original post by Makashima
10ums off the next grade, no point of remark right?

It's worth it; it's around 4/5 marks
Original post by ps1265A
It's worth it; it's around 4/5 marks

really???
wouldnt it be better to remark 2 papers.
money is not the problem

I have 470 but an A is 480 points
It is worth it if your uni place is depending on it and for your own peace of mind. Then you won't regret it thinking what if it did go up?
have marks ever gone up by 14 or 15 marks at least?
Original post by Makashima
really???
wouldnt it be better to remark 2 papers.
money is not the problem

I have 470 but an A is 480 points

I would remark both papers. Very likely to go up especially in BIO5 due to its ery subjective nature :tongue:
I did bad in these exams despite working hard since september

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending