The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough Applicants and FAQs 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ike96
Does our freshers week start when we move into our accommodation?

Hi ike96

It's more like a freshers fortnight. There will be activities organised for when you move in then the following week when everyone is in their accommodation, there;s a full programme of events.

Vicky
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
I am thrilled to join Loughborough University this autumn! :h:

I am not sure on which hall to pick. Can you guys help me?

I would like it to be:
-Self-catered
-Ensuite
-Pretty liberal (not racist or homophobic)
-Near engineering lectures (if possible)
-Not too quiet

Any suggestions? Thanks :h:
Thoughts on Butler Court Accomodation?
Original post by Summit
I am thrilled to join Loughborough University this autumn! :h:

I am not sure on which hall to pick. Can you guys help me?

I would like it to be:
-Self-catered
-Ensuite
-Pretty liberal (not racist or homophobic)
-Near engineering lectures (if possible)
-Not too quiet

Any suggestions? Thanks :h:

Hi Summit

Glad you're looking forward to joining us!

Self Catered ensuites are:

John Phillips

Robert Bakewell

Hazlerigg-Rutland

Both are near engineering and are based in the Student Village.
We do not tolerate any form of discrimination in any of our halls or indeed anywhere in the University.
None of them would be classed as being too-quiet.

Hope this helps
Vicky
Original post by Loughborough University
Hi Summit

Glad you're looking forward to joining us!

Self Catered ensuites are:

John Phillips

Robert Bakewell

Hazlerigg-Rutland

Both are near engineering and are based in the Student Village.
We do not tolerate any form of discrimination in any of our halls or indeed anywhere in the University.
None of them would be classed as being too-quiet.

Hope this helps
Vicky

Thank you Vicky! :h:

What are your thoughts on Butler Court and William Morris? What about Harry French? I know the latter is not ensuite, but I really like it!...
Reply 345
Original post by Loughborough University
Hi ike96

It's more like a freshers fortnight. There will be activities organised for when you move in then the following week when everyone is in their accommodation, there;s a full programme of events.

Vicky

Hey, do you need to book anything in advance for freshers week? Or do you sort everything for it when you get there?
Original post by an_col
Hey, do you need to book anything in advance for freshers week? Or do you sort everything for it when you get there?

Hi an_col

You don't need to book anything in advance, you can do it all when you get here.

Vicky
Reply 347
Original post by dannicturner
Hey!
I'm applying for Physics at Loughborough to start in 2015 and thought I'd see who else is applying there! :biggrin:
Thought this could also be somewhere for people to ask questions, and a general big discussion about things like accommodation and courses and stuff :smile:
---
Connect to Loughborough here! You'll be able to see other applicants' grades and offers. If you enter your details it will be really helpful for other people applying. :h:

Hey, i'm also applying for Physics at Loughborough! :smile:
Yaaay! I'm in! :woo:
Original post by MsFahima
Yaaay! I'm in! :woo:

:thumbsup:
Original post by Summit
Thank you Vicky! :h:

What are your thoughts on Butler Court and William Morris? What about Harry French? I know the latter is not ensuite, but I really like it!...

Hi Summit

You're welcome :smile:

All the ones you mention are not in the student village and therefore are further away from engineering and the library, but on the flip side you're closer to the Students' Union and town.
They're all good halls, so just go with what you want to - worth noting William Morris and Harry French are both just off campus.

Vicky
Vicky,

I'm quite disappointed tbh. Self catered is the only real option for me but as I went onto the application process only catered was available and en suite? Did the rooms go that quickly, in a matter of minutes? Only self catered option was Butler C but that was a shared room. I put through 3 preference choices and a last result as i'm not really prepared to be paying £5 k - £7k for accom.... what is the chance of them getting back to me with a reasonable self catered option and how long would it take? (applied today)

Your help is appreciated.
Original post by fbrep2012
Vicky,

I'm quite disappointed tbh. Self catered is the only real option for me but as I went onto the application process only catered was available and en suite? Did the rooms go that quickly, in a matter of minutes? Only self catered option was Butler C but that was a shared room. I put through 3 preference choices and a last result as i'm not really prepared to be paying £5 k - £7k for accom.... what is the chance of them getting back to me with a reasonable self catered option and how long would it take? (applied today)

Hi fbrep2012

Best thing to do is to call the accommodation centre. They really will be able to help you - give them a call on 01509 274 488.

I really hope you get things sorted.

Vicky
Original post by fbrep2012
Vicky,

Hi, I have a William Morris room (shared bathroom and self-catered) at the moment but would like a room in Towers or a Royce ensuite so if any of those are still available in your slot I'm willing to swap! Let me know if you are interested!
Hello everyone!

Got in to my foundation Chemistry programme at Loughborough and I've booked accommodation at Falk/Egg. Just wanted to know if the move in date (24th Sep for me) is at the start or end of freshers week?

Look forward to meeting people, if you're in Falk/Egg, feel free to message me!
Reply 355
Original post by UndecidedChoice
Hello everyone!

Got in to my foundation Chemistry programme at Loughborough and I've booked accommodation at Falk/Egg. Just wanted to know if the move in date (24th Sep for me) is at the start or end of freshers week?

Look forward to meeting people, if you're in Falk/Egg, feel free to message me!

That's first for sure. Be strange to have a Fresher's week before any Freshers arrived :biggrin:
Hey guys,

Loughborough was my insurance choice, and therefore I still need to apply for accommodation. Can anyone please explain to me how the process works?

I have clicked the 'room reserve' and it said' application completed'. However, I didn't receive any confirmation email . I am not sure whether I have reserved a room. What should I do next? or just wait for them to reply?
Hi Vicky,

I got my accommodation yesterday :smile: how long do i have to pay the £140 deposit? Do you know when we will be allocated our rooms?

Reply 359
Hello,I got accepted to the art and design foundation course.. Unfortunately when i logged in yesterday to apply for accomdation all the rooms werent suitable for me. I therefore applied through the preference application and was wondering when am i supposed to hear back from the accomodation office? As i'm an international student i'm depending on the halls for student accomdation.. and im starting to worry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending