The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2015 hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Well I got nowhere close to my grades because I flunked everything (BCC instead of AAB) but Nottingham are lovely people and emailed me before I even knew what grades I actually had, offering me a place on the 6 year course (with a gateway year) instead. So, I'm still going to vet school! :biggrin: (really, I love Nottingham so much right now!!!)
Hello!! I am on the six year course but it's with a preliminary year, I think thats the same thing :smile:
Original post by hollyleaf988
Well I got nowhere close to my grades because I flunked everything (BCC instead of AAB) but Nottingham are lovely people and emailed me before I even knew what grades I actually had, offering me a place on the 6 year course (with a gateway year) instead. So, I'm still going to vet school! :biggrin: (really, I love Nottingham so much right now!!!)

Congrats! That's so sweet of them! Was Nottingham your top choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
For Nottigham, is there a deadline that we have to have had our TB vaccine for? My doctors don't give it out so I have to go through hospital to get it 😒
Original post by Louiseee_
For Nottigham, is there a deadline that we have to have had our TB vaccine for? My doctors don't give it out so I have to go through hospital to get it 😒

It'll be by the time you start I presume!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't get one! There's a national shortage of the vaccine apparently. They don't do BCG vaccinations at GPs anymore so I had to contact infection control who told me I can't get an appointment until October at the earliest!
I've contacted Surrey and I think they are organising to have them done at uni if you can't get it done at home but I'd rather get it done before I go!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awww, that's soooo nice of them!!! I'm so happy I'm coming to Nottingham, they are so friendly and kind :biggrin: Well done you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm a bit confused if we are meant to get it from the hospital or let notts sort it out for us when we r there :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by greencat55
I'm a bit confused if we are meant to get it from the hospital or let notts sort it out for us when we r there :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

You have to organise it yourself. There is a nurse who does it on SB every couple of weeks but you have to pay for that, as you will have to at your GP

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ShellySpielberg
Congrats! That's so sweet of them! Was Nottingham your top choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it was (and my only offer as well, so I'm super happy!)
Original post by greencat55

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you're struggling to find somewhere, try ringing occupational health for your local hospital, they should be able to recommend somewhere to get it done if they don't offer it themselves, which is what I did (you'll probably have to pay though)
Yeah it was (and my only offer as well, so I'm super happy!)

See you in a few weeks then :smile:

I'll be a cranky 4th year though :tongue:
Original post by Angry cucumber
You have to organise it yourself. There is a nurse who does it on SB every couple of weeks but you have to pay for that, as you will have to at your GP

Posted from TSR Mobile

Apparently I have to get it through the chest clinic at my local hospital but if there's a shortage I suspect they might say no :/ but on the NHS website it says all veterinary workers have to have it so I'm confused
If we can't get the vaccine who should we ring at the university to explain th situation to?
Reply 7394
Has anyone signed up for liverpools veterinary society yet??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 0802
Has anyone signed up for liverpools veterinary society yet??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you had the email yet??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7396
Original post by Lizziefickling
Have you had the email yet??

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I haven't but I read the letter that is online talking about it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 0802
No I haven't but I read the letter that is online talking about it

Posted from TSR Mobile

This the letter from uni or the letter from Lloyd?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7398
Original post by Lizziefickling
This the letter from uni or the letter from Lloyd?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lloyd

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending