The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Are people really that interested in women's sport, or are the BBC just trying to make us all interested? So much about the women's netball World Cup. Does anybody really care? Just seems like some agenda, like the Mo Farah one they have.
So good old Zürich will go off on another anti-Semitic rant and not even get a warning (has he ever actually got banned?) but other people will get banned for tagging other members? GG
Who's going to be the first to tag?
Reply 8383
Was on the train this morning and realised how much I admire women with freckles.

Add a ginger head to that and yum
@TornadoGR4

Original post by The Assassin
x

Original post by Depleted
x

Original post by SA-1
x

It's already been said by CT. Surprised it needs to be said again. A member has already expressed their wishes to not to be tagged in this thread and that needs to be respected. SA-1, yes it's just 'a few more notifications' but Mad Vlad does not want them and he has a right to feel this way. Guys, stop tagging, @ting or mentioning him, it's persistent, annoying and childish. Let that be the end of it now.

I hate to actually 'enforce' stuff in this place but when you constantly do stuff what do you expect? Come on. Posts regarding this topic will be moved, so its best just to take it in and carry on.
(edited 8 years ago)
Lyrical is kind of hot when she's enforceful :whip2:
Original post by The Shed End
So good old Zürich will go off on another anti-Semitic rant and not even get a warning (has he ever actually got banned?) but other people will get banned for tagging other members? GG

Ahhh hey Shed End :h:

You do not know this. Stop assuming. Unless you've got a copy of the Support Team carding statistics?
Original post by little_wizard123
Are people really that interested in women's sport, or are the BBC just trying to make us all interested? So much about the women's netball World Cup. Does anybody really care? Just seems like some agenda, like the Mo Farah one they have.

Tennis and that yeah. Football, no.

The BBC can do one. BTW what's the Farah agenda? That he's clean?
Original post by little_wizard123

Couldn't give a **** to be honest with you. It is gaining in popularity but a lot of it is the broadcasters trying to force it on people, it's an equality/sexism thing. Women's sport will never be 10% as popular as men's, it's not a gender issue people just want to see the best and sports like tennis, swimming, athletics where the women can actually compete to a high standard (similiar to that of the men) are popular for that reason. Whereas the best womens football team would probably get annihilated by England Schoolboys.

There's been some criticism about United not having a womens team for example, why should they? There is no money in it. If the marketing and money making potential outweighed the cost we'd have been the first team to set up one.
:laugh:
Bants
would rep
Original post by TornadoGR4
Night shifts are unbelievably ****. You must be ****ing wired backwards to do them permanently. Between 2-5am is definitely the worst. At least people start coming in around 5-6am

Clearly you can't hack it mate :wink:
I know what you mean though, some of the people on shift with me sometimes are just bloody weird.

I just try my hardest to make sure I'm working alone because I really cba having to make awkward small talk to some middle aged woman who repeatedly tells me the thrilling story about how she got to ride on her favourite steam train last month...

Posted from TSR Mobile
@Zander01 that gif is superb.
Who remembers when everybody used to wear rockports? :lol:
Original post by Depleted
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1439516945.920171.jpg

@Mad Vlad thoughts?

****ing hell how did I miss this! :biggrin:

Pissing myself here.
Original post by swirly
Who remembers when everybody used to wear rockports? :lol:

Literally everyone. I had some of the ones with the reflectors on.
Original post by Wilfred Little
****ing hell how did I miss this! :biggrin:

Pissing myself here.

Reminds me of

[video="youtube;XHqL48PHIeE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHqL48PHIeE[/video]
Some people just can't handle the banter.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest