The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Derby lost to Portsmouth..

Always like surprises
Hm. Tough night for Clement.

Two tough games coming up too - Charlton and Middlesbrough. After a disappointing draw at Bolton last weekend, and tonight's result against fourth tier opposition, Clement needs his side to wake up.
Original post by blackened_sky
Unfortunately not, got a lovely 12-8 shift :laugh:, I'll probably get home to find out you've hammered us 6-0

Ha, no.
Original post by joddcfc
Ha, no.

Trust me, with McEveley in our defence, anything is possible.
Some great goals in the first round of the League Cup: Rochdale's opener against Coventry, Oxford's third at Brentford, Noble's goal against Huddersfield all spring to mind.
Might save all my student loan money over the next 3 years and id have enough to buy 300 adult season tickets for my club.
Barnsley defender Mason Holgate is going to Everton.

They'll pay £1m for him, after AFC Bournemouth and Newcastle were both tipped to be interested. He was on trial with Man United earlier this summer, too.
Looking forward to seeing who Barnet will get in the next round of the League Cup.
Wanted to focus on the league anyway.
Original post by The Wavefunction
Wanted to focus on the league anyway.

Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Second round draw. Big ties for Notts County, Shrewsbury, Exeter, Bury, York and Barnsley.

Aston Villa v Notts County
Walsall v Brighton
Crystal Palace v Shrewsbury
Sheffield Wednesday v Oxford
Portsmouth v Reading
Hartlepool v Bournemouth
Fulham v Sheffield United
MK Dons v Cardiff
Hull City v Rochdale
Sunderland v Exeter
Bury v Leicester City
Doncaster v Ipswich
Rotherham v Norwich City
Swansea City v York
QPR v Carlisle
Barnsley v Everton
Peterborough v Charlton
Birmingham v Gillingham
Newcastle United v Northampton
West Brom v Port Vale
Wolves v Barnet
Burton v Middlesbrough
Luton v Stoke City
Preston v Watford
We'd have lost to Ipswich anyway
Statement from Leyton Orient after League Cup loss to us earlier this week:
http://www.leytonorient.com/news/article/statement-on-league-cup-tie-2614671.aspx

Seriously? :lolwut:
Bournemouth, Carlisle and Exeter fans better start saving up for their air tickets! :biggrin:
That midweek trip for Exeter fans is pretty much farcical. They should probably look to localise the second round, too.
Hull away, a team which is very likely to beat us and it's not exactly an attractive fixture.

Blackpool away tomorrow though, can't wait! Although part of me is worried about their pitch and the threat of protests against Oyston and the possibility of another pitch invasion.
A win tomorrow for MK Dons - against fellow promoted side Preston - sets them off to a really good start in the second tier.
Midweek fixture for Exeter as well, lets be honest they will be lucky to have 30 fans there. FA should step in and help with the funding to get fans down there.

For the sake of Exeter, I hope they win.
Original post by Tony_LeaS
Midweek fixture for Exeter as well, lets be honest they will be lucky to have 30 fans there. FA should step in and help with the funding to get fans down there.

For the sake of Exeter, I hope they win.

I think a lot of the lower league clubs are working together for the 'Twenty is Plenty' campaign, which is great to see.

Speaking of ticket prices, it's farcical that West Ham's match with Leicester in the PL this weekend is meaning that Foxes fans face a 44% price hike on the same match as last season.
OOOOOOOWWW. Swansea City away would have been brilliant for us (Bradford). Oh well......

Quick Reply

Latest