The Student Room Group

commute to warwick from london/ london to coventry

hi everyone, starting uni there.... is it possible to commute daily (if i have lectures) to uni of warwick?
From London Marylebourne to Warwick is roughly a 1.5hr commute. 3hrs a day of travelling on those trains alone, not to mention any extra commute to your home (I assume that, if you're making this journey, you plan to live at home). A season ticket would cost you around £200 a week, £800 a month or £7770-8770 a year. If you're willing to spend a large chunk of your days travelling and willing to fork out a considerable amount of money, then by all means go for it.

I don't know what Warwick's accommodation prices are like, but I can imagine all of that plus the fares for outer-London travel would cost reasonably more.
Reply 2
Original post by folieadeux
From London Marylebourne to Warwick is roughly a 1.5hr commute. 3hrs a day of travelling on those trains alone, not to mention any extra commute to your home (I assume that, if you're making this journey, you plan to live at home). A season ticket would cost you around £200 a week, £800 a month or £7770-8770 a year. If you're willing to spend a large chunk of your days travelling and willing to fork out a considerable amount of money, then by all means go for it.

I don't know what Warwick's accommodation prices are like, but I can imagine all of that plus the fares for outer-London travel would cost reasonably more.

thanks, by "reasonably more" do you mean "reasonably less"?
Original post by icemaj

Yes, sorry! I think accomodation at Warwick would cost less than the daily commute to Warwick from London, but I could be wrong.
Original post by icemaj

It wouldnt quite cost you £7,780 to commute to Warwick assuming you are an undergraduate as undergraduates are usually only in attendance for around 8/9 months. However it would still cost around the £6000 mark and you can get accomodation at Warwick right on campus for as little as £2400, with most around the £5000 mark. And you'd get less money if you lived at home. Plus it would be impossible to participate in uni life.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending