The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff University 2015 Accommodation Choices!!

Scroll to see replies

Hey, I'm just waiting for my offer to go through on clearing too!
Any info you find out could you please let me know? My dad is worried I won't end up with anything!
Thank you.
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by linguaphile96
Hey, my cousin has been accepted to Cardiff through Clearing too... can you let me know if you find out any info please? And vice versa - I'm a Second Year student at Cardiff... so I'm trying to find out for her! :smile: Thanks x

Hi there if you guys are looking for accomodation I have a room in the newport student village that's £92 a week including utilities and internet, the £250 deposit has been paid and I'm not going to look for it back so it's all yours if your cousin would like this room I'd be glad to sign it over to her :smile: PM me or reply if interested
Original post by linguaphile96
Hey, my cousin has been accepted to Cardiff through Clearing too... can you let me know if you find out any info please? And vice versa - I'm a Second Year student at Cardiff... so I'm trying to find out for her! :smile: Thanks x

Hey! According to the website and the woman I rang up on the phone, we should get sent our username and password via email soon to book whatever remaining university accommodation there is. They can't guarantee we will get university accommodation though and it's first come first served so just got to be on the ball I suppose!
Hi everyone, for all those who have got their accomodation offers through Ii was just wondering how you recieved them. Was it via email? via post or on sims that you got the confirmation.

I applied in mid april for accomodation and I was also wondering how much longer I have to wait till i get confirmation?
Reply 204
Original post by Natalierm2707
Hi everyone, for all those who have got their accomodation offers through Ii was just wondering how you recieved them. Was it via email? via post or on sims that you got the confirmation.

I applied in mid april for accomodation and I was also wondering how much longer I have to wait till i get confirmation?

Well I got my accommodation offer through at about 10.30 today via email... but you could try to login to the student portal and check there
Original post by Sraj97
Well I got my accommodation offer through at about 10.30 today via email... but you could try to login to the student portal and check there

When I log into the SIMs portal it just says application awaiting allocation, so I shall wait patiently for the email.
Reply 206
When I log into the SIMs portal it just says application awaiting allocation, so I shall wait patiently for the email.

That seems like a good idea :smile: What halls did you apply for??
Original post by Sraj97
That seems like a good idea :smile: What halls did you apply for??

Taly court was my first choice but any of the talys will be lovely!
Reply 208
Taly court was my first choice but any of the talys will be lovely!

Yeah, I thought the same thing; I'm in Taly North!
Original post by Sraj97
Yeah, I thought the same thing; I'm in Taly North!

I just love the location of all the taly residences!

what are you studying at Cardiff, I am going to do medicine
Reply 210
I just love the location of all the taly residences!

what are you studying at Cardiff, I am going to do medicine

They are a good location; I'm doing Biomed! :biggrin:
Is anyone in Gordon Hall First Floor Flat 2? :biggrin:
I am in the same position as you - been accepted onto MChem Chemistry with a Year in Industry at Cardiff but unsure which accommodation I should apply for? Would ideally like a large room and ensuite! Which are closest to the Chemistry Department? Any suggestions? :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
I have been accepted onto MChem Chemistry with a Year in Industry at Cardiff but unsure which accommodation I should apply for? Would ideally like a large room and ensuite! Which are closest to the Chemistry Department? Any suggestions?
Original post by HennersPD
I have been accepted onto MChem Chemistry with a Year in Industry at Cardiff but unsure which accommodation I should apply for? Would ideally like a large room and ensuite! Which are closest to the Chemistry Department? Any suggestions?

Congrats on being accepted! I'm just having a flick through the booklet I received about accommodation when I applied a few months back - the chemistry department is located on the main Cathays campus, I believe, so both Gordon Hall and Senghennydd Hall (part-catered) are located 0.5 miles from that campus and have en suite facilities! Not sure about room size though. Alternatively, all the Talybont rooms (North, South, Court and Gate) have en suite rooms but are located 1.25 miles from the campus.

I'm at Talybont North starting biochemistry in September so maybe we'll share some classes! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by callmehannah
Congrats on being accepted! I'm just having a flick through the booklet I received about accommodation when I applied a few months back - the chemistry department is located on the main Cathays campus, I believe, so both Gordon Hall and Senghennydd Hall (part-catered) are located 0.5 miles from that campus and have en suite facilities! Not sure about room size though. Alternatively, all the Talybont rooms (North, South, Court and Gate) have en suite rooms but are located 1.25 miles from the campus.

I'm at Talybont North starting biochemistry in September so maybe we'll share some classes! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That'll be awesome! Do you find the distance from Talybont North to the department to be quite far? Do you tend to walk everywhere? Which would you recommend more - Gordon Hall or Senghennydd Hall (how'd you pronounce that?! haha!) :biggrin:
Reply 216
Original post by Sraj97
They are a good location; I'm doing Biomed! :biggrin:

I'm doing biomed too! :smile:
Original post by HennersPD
That'll be awesome! Do you find the distance from Talybont North to the department to be quite far? Do you tend to walk everywhere? Which would you recommend more - Gordon Hall or Senghennydd Hall (how'd you pronounce that?! haha!) :biggrin:

I'm not sure, I never checked out the accommodation at the open day, but the walk between Talybont and the main campus is about equal to my current walk between my house and my sixth form, and that takes me about 20-25 minutes but I'm quite a quick walker. Plus, it's all on the same road, so you can just walk in a pretty much straight line (I believe) from the accommodation to the campus.

Below are the pages about Gordon Hall and Senghennydd Hall from the residences booklet I mentioned before, where it lists facilities and distances between campuses. Hope this helps!

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1439586255.678784.jpg

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1439586329.833797.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anybody know which halls have double beds and which have single beds?? Im buying my duvet and stuff tomorrow and need to know! Ive applied to talybont
Anyone in taly gate second floor flat 12? :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending