The Student Room Group

Durham foundation year medicine 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Anymore attempts by anyone yet? Mine is tomorrow - panic beginning to set in!
Reply 221
Original post by Louloubelle
Anymore attempts by anyone yet? Mine is tomorrow - panic beginning to set in!

Am on Saturday lol...Just did the official mock A and you won't believe I had 5/36 QR lol

Am sure you'll be fine... People say the QR and AR are easy than the official mocke
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
I got 745. But I have firmed with Leeds Med as Durham was a fall back plan.

Just don't rush take your time better to answer as many as right then guess most.

Good luck to those going to Durham.
Reply 223
Original post by Tinatrust
I got 745. But I have firmed with Leeds Med as Durham was a fall back plan.

Just don't rush take your time better to answer as many as right then guess most.

Good luck to those going to Durham.

Wow, that is awesome score.. Well done on that..Did you find the VR questions really long as in practice mocks and QR with multiple steps?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kgee
Wow, that is awesome score.. Well done on that..Did you find the VR questions really long as in practice mocks and QR with multiple steps?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I found you get a mix of of everything. Just remember the UKCAT test format is same as the car theory test. There's a pool of questions and you get some randomly selected from various difficulty. Most text were somewhere in between. Concentrate on the ones your good at. Do not read text. Read Q pickout a few key words. If not in text FALSE if they are read tat full sentence to determine Can't Tell or True. Many people need to actually look up what T F CT actually mean and have to be Evidence based.
Do you have the KAPLAN orange book. Thats the best thing out there. The 600q is very outdated. KAPLAN actually go through how to tackle question. And all the math you need.
Reply 226
Original post by Tinatrust
Do you have the KAPLAN orange book. Thats the best thing out there. The 600q is very outdated. KAPLAN actually go through how to tackle question. And all the math you need.

Thanks for the info.. I do have the kaplan score higher book and have been trying to solve some questions..I just did the official mock B and my scores are really terrible lol..
VR 530, QR 430 (only managed to get 9 correct) AR 630, DA 770. Just 590 average.. ( which I would be pleased if I get such an average tomorrow) Durham is my only offer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys just to say that you all will be great medics one day. I've been perusing this forum and I've noticed you're all very supportive of one another, giving tips and advice on the application and offer process. You're all quite good people. So all the best for the future and I hope all your goals are fulfilled.
I did it! Only just but good enough :-)

Good luck to those still waiting to do theirs
Reply 229

Yay, congrats! That's brilliant. See you October!
Reply 230

Well done...I have mine tomorrow.. How did you find it in general? Was the QR straightforward? Am still panicking by my slow time

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 231
congrats everyone that got in, I did my UKCAT today and got 610 average! all that matters is the cut off so was a big relief
just to confirm does the SJT band count in our results???
Reply 232
Hello All,

I thought about setting up a Facebook page for the group. A place to meet and pool questions that we all might have before starting in October.

Best of luck to people still waiting on UKCAT

https://www.facebook.com/groups/936901966332814/

Mac
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 233
Original post by mobo250
congrats everyone that got in, I did my UKCAT today and got 610 average! all that matters is the cut off so was a big relief

Well done mate... Congrats on making it...
No, doesn't matter what you get in Sjt... It's not part of the condition...
How did you find the maths... Really struggling to get pass 9/36 in the mocks I have done so far... Exam tomorrow at 9am...Am freaking out :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 234
Original post by Mac496
Hello All,

I thought about setting up a Facebook page for the group. A place to meet and pool questions that we all might have before starting in October. Let me know if it already exists.

Best of luck to people still waiting on UKCAT

Mac

Hopefully I will join tomorrow by 12pm lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 235
Original post by kgee

Posted from TSR Mobile

Best of luck
Reply 236
Original post by kgee

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fingers and toes crossed you will. Sending you good thoughts. A Facebook page is a good idea, at least we won't be total strangers when we start!

Original post by mobo250

Well done!
Reply 237
Original post by Dadex
Fingers and toes crossed you will. Sending you good thoughts. A Facebook page is a good idea, at least we won't be total strangers when we start!

Well done!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/936901966332814/

Group is made click to join

Mac
Original post by mobo250

Just realised no one answered your quest RE SJT. No this doesn't count. I did horribly on this myself although I barely looke,d at the questions knowing it didn't count as by then I just wanted to know my fate if I'm honest!
Reply 239
Just finished my ukcat and got 605... Am over the moon :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending