Anyone doing maths?

Original post by CluffyUno
I'm doing maths!

We're all doing maths :wink:
Reply 1083
Original post by fatart123
We're all doing maths :wink:

Me tooo! :smile:
I'll be doing Politics and International Studies.
Anyone else?
Also, when do we find out which accommodation we got into?
Original post by Ray7
Me tooo! :smile:

Can't wait tbh. So many really interesting modules to choose from...
Reply 1086
Can't wait tbh. So many really interesting modules to choose from...

Ikr. Will you be doing much prep over the hols? I'll probably start in Sept with an undergrad maths book that I have. Will go through a few chapters that I find interesting eg. analysis
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by rachlily
I'll be doing Politics and International Studies.
Anyone else?
Also, when do we find out which accommodation we got into?

The week of the 7th September. Check your emails, they emailed over some details 😊
Original post by Ray7
Ikr. Will you be doing much prep over the hols? I'll probably start in Sept with an undergrad maths book that I have. Will go through a few chapters that I find interesting eg. analysis

I have a first year analysis textbook that I referenced months ago in my personal statement so I'm working on that now. Didn't do any maths over the summer (nervous over results lol) so my handwriting and memory of techniques isn't too great, but it should only take a few days to get back into shape.

I'm pretty curious about analysis too because of how hard I hear it is. Looking at sets, logic and proof stuff atm and it can be very confusing! Enjoying it more than further maths already though since you actually have to think about stuff.
Reply 1089
I have a first year analysis textbook that I referenced months ago in my personal statement so I'm working on that now. Didn't do any maths over the summer (nervous over results lol) so my handwriting and memory of techniques isn't too great, but it should only take a few days to get back into shape.

I'm pretty curious about analysis too because of how hard I hear it is. Looking at sets, logic and proof stuff atm and it can be very confusing! Enjoying it more than further maths already though since you actually have to think about stuff.

Oh cool. i am doing 'a concise introduction to pure mathematics'. I really love the book, and yeah I get what you mean about getting back into the feel of things haha
Original post by Ray7
Oh cool. i am doing 'a concise introduction to pure mathematics'. I really love the book, and yeah I get what you mean about getting back into the feel of things haha

lol that book's really fun, yeah. Starts off pretty nice but gets so hard really quickly.
Reply 1091
lol that book's really fun, yeah. Starts off pretty nice but gets so hard really quickly.

Yeah it is great. Have you completed it already? I am not finding it that hard
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Ray7
Yeah it is great. Have you completed it already? I am not finding it that hard

I read some bits of it months ago in prep for my Cambridge interview. I may as well attempt to complete it now since I've got a lot of free time
Reply 1093
I read some bits of it months ago in prep for my Cambridge interview. I may as well attempt to complete it now since I've got a lot of free time

Awesome. I'll say that the first few chapters do seem a little pointless but are actually very useful- these sorts of exercises aren't really hard and quite straightforward (complex no. has some awesome exercises though, with cool results IMO). But after that stuff gets tough. I haven;t started analysis yet though.

Actually for the most part I will just be reading through the book and not really do a lot of pen to paper I guess.
I will get back to maths in a few days time, we've got ages :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Ray7
Awesome. I'll say that the first few chapters do seem a little pointless but are actually very useful- these sorts of exercises aren't really hard and quite straightforward (complex no. has some awesome exercises though, with cool results IMO). But after that stuff gets tough. I haven;t started analysis yet though.

Actually for the most part I will just be reading through the book and not really do a lot of pen to paper I guess.
I will get back to maths in a few days time, we've got ages :smile:

The Black Ops 3 beta starts in a few days time so I might struggle doing any maths for a few weeks :wink:
Reply 1095
The Black Ops 3 beta starts in a few days time so I might struggle doing any maths for a few weeks :wink:

omg totally forgot about that :smile: . Plus my extended family will be over for two weeks so might be a little busy here haha
Original post by Ray7
omg totally forgot about that :smile: . Plus my extended family will be over for two weeks so might be a little busy here haha

I'm on my own for the next week and a bit so it's kinda the perfect time lol. Wish the XO + PC beta was sooner, but watching pro players' streams 24/7 will get me through the little wait :smile:
Anyone else get in for History? And if so have you done any sort of preparation for it over the summer?
Hi all, I will be studying law :biggrin: anyone else here studying law?
Original post by madrid90
Hi all, I will be studying law :biggrin: anyone else here studying law?

Ill be studying laws as well... the laws of Mathematics :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending