The Student Room Group

Can I go to university ?

I really want to go to university as I would be the first in my family and I would be able to prove to my self that I'm not average.

I have a B in AS level product design and a merit in UAL level 3 in art and design.

I know that I won't get in to a top university but I want to know if I can at all get in to one and if any in London universities would take me for either a product design or graphic design course?
Original post by Nikitaaaaa
I really want to go to university as I would be the first in my family and I would be able to prove to my self that I'm not average.

I have a B in AS level product design and a merit in UAL level 3 in art and design.

I know that I won't get in to a top university but I want to know if I can at all get in to one and if any in London universities would take me for either a product design or graphic design course?

Hey There,

Entry requirements vary, but typically the institution asks for five GCSEs of grade C and above (including English and Maths), plus two A Levels of grade C and above or equivalent. BUT it doesn't hurt to try and call them up about it and applying. :smile:

You can try us, Ravensbourne. We're currently have Clearing for both of Design Product and Graphic Design if you're interested.
Here is our Clearing page Click Here!
This is our clearing Number: 020 3040 3991

Here's the link to our BA(Hons) Design Product and Graphic Design course, feel free to check that out.
Any other contacts you might want are all here in our Contact page, Click Here.

Hope this Helps and Best of Luck!

Kay
Reply 2
Original post by Ravensbourne
Hey There,

Entry requirements vary, but typically the institution asks for five GCSEs of grade C and above (including English and Maths), plus two A Levels of grade C and above or equivalent. BUT it doesn't hurt to try and call them up about it and applying. :smile:

You can try us, Ravensbourne. We're currently have Clearing for both of Design Product and Graphic Design if you're interested.
Here is our Clearing page Click Here!
This is our clearing Number: 020 3040 3991

Here's the link to our BA(Hons) Design Product and Graphic Design course, feel free to check that out.
Any other contacts you might want are all here in our Contact page, Click Here.

Hope this Helps and Best of Luck!

Kay

I have 5 GCSE's grade c and above including English and maths, I believe my level 3 art and design is an A-level equivalent but it depends on the university if they are willing to accept my level 3 as A-level equivalent. Would this be sufficient for Ravensbourne?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Personally I have gotten a unconditional offer for a creative arts BA course. I think with your grades you can get into some graphic design courses at least, although I'm unsure on product design courses but they may be more competitive (still it can't hurt to try).

You might want to look at courses at UAL, Ravensbourne, Kingston Uni, Middlesex Uni, Uni of Westminister, UEL. Your Level 3 Art and Design course might be equivalent to a Foundation Diploma course, but if it isnt then you should consider doing it. Anyway good luck and congrats on your grades!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have 5 GCSE's grade c and above including English and maths, I believe my level 3 art and design is an A-level equivalent but it depends on the university if they are willing to accept my level 3 as A-level equivalent. Would this be sufficient for Ravensbourne?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Nikita,

Bee here.

So you have 5 GCSE's C or above, which is great. If your Level 3 Art and Design is a Foundation Diploma, National Diploma OR an Advanced Diploma (grade C or above) that's also fine to apply for our courses.

Do you have a portfolio to accompany it? (This is needed to support your grades, especially if it's a design course)

If you have a portfolio ready and you've checked out our clearing list. Pick a course or two you like the look of and think about calling our clearing line. Product design may be good one because you also have an AS in that.

Hope that helps; let me know if you need to know anything else!

Bee :h:

Clearing info.

Have together your: UCAS ID, choice of courses & qualifications.

P: 020 3040 3991
E: [email protected]
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest