The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster Offer Holders 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lizziejacobs
Hi how have you applied for accommodation? I haven't even got an email and I didn't go through clearing?

You may want to contact Lancaster ASAP since I applied for accommodation quite some time ago through and email I got sent
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Oh right! Thanks!
Reply 582
Original post by Hayley Williams
Has anyone been given accommodation for county?

I'm in that college :smile:
Reply 583
How do you know which college you're assigned to????
So far all I've got its the welcome guide in the post and the email saying I've got in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 584
Original post by murr_x
How do you know which college you're assigned to????
So far all I've got its the welcome guide in the post and the email saying I've got in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm in the exact same boat as you. I've already emailed the LUMS team about it and a waiting on a reply. I'll let you know what they say.
Reply 585
Original post by RDB97
I'm in the exact same boat as you. I've already emailed the LUMS team about it and a waiting on a reply. I'll let you know what they say.

Yeph i emailed them last night. And thank you, I shall let you know if I hear anything as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by murr_x
Yeph i emailed them last night. And thank you, I shall let you know if I hear anything as well

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me and my friend both got emails on results day about it. We both got the exact accommodation we asked for but they did say on the results day email that it could take up to a week or two to contact everyone about the accommodation. They've probably spread it out so not everyone goes onto the website at the same time. I'm not sure if you experienced the accommodation website when they first emailed everyone about applying but it took us like 4 hours to finally apply for our accommodation because of the loading problems.
Reply 587
Original post by ChrisKnott
Me and my friend both got emails on results day about it. We both got the exact accommodation we asked for but they did say on the results day email that it could take up to a week or two to contact everyone about the accommodation. They've probably spread it out so not everyone goes onto the website at the same time. I'm not sure if you experienced the accommodation website when they first emailed everyone about applying but it took us like 4 hours to finally apply for our accommodation because of the loading problems.

Oh, I haven't applied for accommodation as il be commuting. All I did was choose two colleges that they emailed us to do .. And that was it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 588
Hi does anyone know when we actually find out our room numbers etc
Thanks
Original post by k3marty
Hi does anyone know when we actually find out our room numbers etc
Thanks

I've just put my deposit down, and it didn't really give any indication apart from the type of accommodation/college. I suppose we'll find out on the day, i presume :biggrin:
Reply 590
Yup, you'll be given your exact room on arrival day, but if you know the college/room type you can work out roughly where you'll be.
Reply 591
Original post by Hopefulbunny
Maths. I can't find a thread for maths?
there are 10 core modules. It looks as if they are all examined in the summer. How many modules are being studied at the same time? I hold an offer in clearing but haven't had time to do much research. Any words of wisdom and advice would be very welcome.Thanks.

Hi, I'm going into my second year at Lancaster studying maths , I'd I'd have to say I've really loved it ! So structure wise there are 2 massive modules that are comprised of five sub modules each (so the ten you talk about). You study two modules at a time from maths every five weeks (one from the each big module). There are end of years for each module but 50% of each of the ten sub modules is made up from "coursework". This consists of work during the five weeks (written and online) and a small test at the end of the five (this is easier than the end of year , so don't worry ) :smile: it's easy to get the marks from this during the year ! I really hope this helps
Reply 592
Original post by Lorox
Yup, you'll be given your exact room on arrival day, but if you know the college/room type you can work out roughly where you'll be.

So how do others know which college they're in? O_o

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 593
Original post by murr_x
So how do others know which college they're in? O_o

I can't actually remember the dates of each stage of the process, but if you will know your accomodation type, and by extension the college you're in, before you arrive. The actual room itself isn't assigned until move in weekend, though.
Reply 594
Anyone here for m.sc e biz and innovation
Hi, I'm going to Lancaster to read Maths with Stats, and I have accommodation in Furness. Anyone else know they're in Furness??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 597
Had anyone got their timetable?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 598
Original post by murr_x
Had anyone got their timetable?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No. I'm in a group chat on Facebook and everyone's is blank.
Reply 599
I've got it. Go on timetabke on the website ilancaster after you've logged in. And change the date to October?

My time table is weird..
Have lectures 1hour a day.
4 hours a week am in 😳

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending