The Student Room Group

Is my place now confirmed??? What now?

I have applied via clearing

On Track it's says congratulations your place has be confirmed.

For the next step it's says "Check your confirmation letter carefully. You should receive details from the university or college about what to do next." BUT I don't have a confirmation letter.

Is this letter on Track like my other letters from other Unis?
Or does it get posted?

Are they talking about the AS12 letter? If so when will I get the AS12 letter?

What should I do?
I am in the same situation as you, maybe we dont get a confirmation letter because we applied through clearing? I dont know.

But your space is confirmed.
Reply 2
Yes, your letter should be on Track along with your other letters. There should be a button under the 'Next Steps' section which says 'View your confirmation letter.' Assuming that all confirmation letters are roughly the same, it shouldn't be a big deal if you can't find it anyway as your university should start emailing you information, but it might be wise to contact UCAS or your university anyway. My confirmation letter didn't really have any detail on it that I wasn't already aware of, but it's possible that yours could be different.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
According to the UCAS website you should be able to view your confirmation letter on Track 5-7 days after you were confirmed a place

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/results/what-your-results-mean
Reply 4
Original post by ummhudayfah
I am in the same situation as you, maybe we dont get a confirmation letter because we applied through clearing? I dont know.

But your space is confirmed.

Glad I'm not the only one this is happening to.
Reply 5
Original post by Libbie-
According to the UCAS website you should be able to view your confirmation letter on Track 5-7 days after you were confirmed a place

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/results/what-your-results-mean

Ok thanks for the info

Is the confirmation letter on Track important or not, is it the same as a AS12 letter?
Reply 6
I applied through Clearing too and the uni sent me an email straight away, but it was just a short email saying "Congratulations, we'll email you within the next few days with details of what to do next" etc. Besides that, all they mentioned was start dates and that they would send me my online log in details for their website soon.
So your university will probably email you in a few days giving you your log in details and info on what to do next.
Reply 7
Original post by EmmiB0408
Ok thanks for the info

Is the confirmation letter on Track important or not, is it the same as a AS12 letter?

I think it's the same, not too sure as I only had my place confirmed today.
Reply 8
Original post by Libbie-
I think it's the same, not too sure as I only had my place confirmed today.

Did you go through clearing? If so do you have your confirmation letter on Track?
Reply 9
Original post by EmmiB0408
Did you go through clearing? If so do you have your confirmation letter on Track?

No, my offer was just delayed because of a mix-up with my firm not receiving one of my module grades. It should come up on Track within the next week and you'll most likely receive the AS12 soon in the post too.
Reply 10
Confirmation letter is the as12 and it can take uptodate a week to get on track (they don't send by post) - mines took a day to get but give it time it will appear.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending