Reply 241
Original post by ph80
Congratulations kgee

So will we be seeing you in October?

Thanks Ph80... Yes you'll be seeing me in 6 weeks... Am so excited

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 242
Original post by luvangel
Hey guys just to say that you all will be great medics one day. I've been perusing this forum and I've noticed you're all very supportive of one another, giving tips and advice on the application and offer process. You're all quite good people. So all the best for the future and I hope all your goals are fulfilled.

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 243
What's everyone doing accommodation wise? Am still yet to find a place as I wasn't sure if I would pass

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm renting a place in Toy Town with a couple of mature students (both in Year 2)...I couldn't face the prospect of living in halls and being woken up at stupid o'clock in the morning by fire alarms or whistles!
Reply 245
Original post by kgee
Just finished my ukcat and got 605... Am over the moon :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats. Well deserved. See you in October.
Reply 246
Original post by Dadex
Congrats. Well deserved. See you in October.

Thanks. See you in Uni.

Have you already sorted accommodation?
Reply 247
Original post by kgee
Thanks. See you in Uni.

Have you already sorted accommodation?

Yeah I'm planning to stay in college at the Mezzino. Just waiting to get it confirmed. I don't mind living at college. If I absolutely hate it, I'll move out.
Original post by Dadex
Yeah I'm planning to stay in college at the Mezzino. Just waiting to get it confirmed. I don't mind living at college. If I absolutely hate it, I'll move out.

I'm also planning to stay in Mezzino although waiting for confirmation. Did you get anything through to say you have a place there yet?
Reply 249
Original post by Louloubelle
I'm also planning to stay in Mezzino although waiting for confirmation. Did you get anything through to say you have a place there yet?

Not yet. I've been searching for timelines and such but can't find anything. I guess we'll know when we know. And you never know, we might be flatmates!
Reply 250
Do you think if I decide to apply for accommodation after saying I don't need one, they would offer me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 251
Original post by kgee
Do you think if I decide to apply for accommodation after saying I don't need one, they would offer me?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe, but do it as soon as possible.
Reply 252
Original post by Dadex
Maybe, but do it as soon as possible.

Thanks for that.. I will call them tomorrow to ask them because I think that's the best thing to do

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kgee

Posted from TSR Mobile

I only applied a couple of weeks ago and the accomodation officer seemed to think it would be alright. That said A Level results are out now so I would imagine there will have been a big shift in availability which could go either way!
Original post by Dadex
Not yet. I've been searching for timelines and such but can't find anything. I guess we'll know when we know. And you never know, we might be flatmates!

Are you a Stevo or a Snow? Haha we could be friendly rival flatmates!
Reply 255
Original post by Louloubelle
Are you a Stevo or a Snow? Haha we could be friendly rival flatmates!

I'm a Snow. You?
Reply 256
Original post by Dadex
I'm a Snow. You?

Am in Stevo... But wait, ain't we suppose to be in the same college though considering we are on the same path?
Does anyone have any information about the progression percentage from the foundation?
That's another thing I have been thinking about today knowing any lower marks on the foundation will mean being withdrawn from the programme...
That will be a big kick in the eye :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Congrats guys- one more added to the team. I will be seeing you all in September. :smile: All the hard work and determination has finally paid off and I hope it carries on throughout our budding medical careers.
Original post by Dadex
I'm a Snow. You?

I'm a Snow too :-)
Congrats to everyone who has a place! :smile:

Just popped on here to mention a couple things, i'm an ex-Durham medic moving to Newcastle now as in my 3rd year.

Mezzino is pretty quiet compared to regular colleges so if that's what you are looking for its probably better to apply there. They usually have places but more accommodation has been built this year due to oversubscription last year so there should be something available. It takes about 15 minutes to walk to uni in the mornings and is situated pretty close to the centre of town, which makes it pretty easy for shopping. Car parking might be a problem however as it only has a small carpark underneath and I believe it costs somewhere in the region of £350-400 for a space for the year.

However mezzino is about twice as expensive as renting locally I paid somewhere around £120 for mezzino in my first year, compared to £62 a week (bills included) with a private landlord in the second year.

I wasn't a foundation student so I'm not really sure about progression percentages but I believe there was some sort of cut off for the end of year exams and anyone who got over that percentage made it through. I'm sure they will explain exactly how assessment works so try not to worry about it for now :smile:

If anyone has any specific questions feel free to message me and i'll try to answer them but i'll be starting clinical rotations shortly so not sure how much time i'll have in the future!

Quick Reply

Latest