The Student Room Group

St George's Medicine Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know when term starts in September?
Pretty sure that it starts on the 19th of September
What about orientation for international students? I heard that the course begins on Sep 21, and moving day is Sep 19...
Thanks
When are accommodation offers given out?
Congratulations to all who have confirmed their places for September :smile: Well done, you guys! ^-^

btw are there any people on here from my interview batch who received offers? 27th Feb afternoon session? probs very late in asking but I just want to congratulate you guys!! Hopefully you're all very successful with your Med applications, too :biggrin:
Is anyone else still waiting to hear??
hi can anyone tell me; if I don't take chemistry to A2 and carry on with bio economics and psychology and manage to meet the 3A minimum offer/ukcat requirements do I still stand a chance of getting a place here. The thing is I recently received my grades and got A's in eco and psychology, a B in bio and a C in chem. Im worried I wont be able to handle chem at A2 and achieve an A, so am better off focusing on these other three subjects and getting A'/A*'s in them. Does anyone know how disadvantaged I will be ? or will I at all as they only state to have one or/and the other
Original post by Anymorefor123
hi can anyone tell me; if I don't take chemistry to A2 and carry on with bio economics and psychology and manage to meet the 3A minimum offer/ukcat requirements do I still stand a chance of getting a place here. The thing is I recently received my grades and got A's in eco and psychology, a B in bio and a C in chem. Im worried I wont be able to handle chem at A2 and achieve an A, so am better off focusing on these other three subjects and getting A'/A*'s in them. Does anyone know how disadvantaged I will be ? or will I at all as they only state to have one or/and the other

Hi,

For A2 you need either biology/chemistry + two other subjects at grades AAA.

If you only take one of biology and chemistry to A2 then the other must be taken at AS and achieved at least a grade B.

In answer to your question, taking bio, economic and psych to A2 would be fine. HOWEVER, the C in AS CHEMISTRY will hold you back. You will need to resit that to get at least a B.

When you applied, your school will also need to predict you a grade B I'm AS chemistry as well as AAA in bio econ and psyc

St George's are fine with AS modular resits
Original post by Anymorefor123

I was in the same boat as you pretty much and was torn between dropping history (B) or chemistry (C) after AS. I had bcd for Chem as so didn't think I'd manage A2 chem. I dropped the chemistry but three weeks into term after speaking to teachers and tutor etc I decided to do A2 chemistry and ended up actually enjoying it! I had a lot of encouragement and help and managed to get an A at A2!! It makes AS chemistry seem much more straightforward and when you resit you can add a lot of UMS to your score😊
Hey everyone, I just got offered a place yesterday - but because there's such a short amount of time before September, I'm trying to get everything sorted ASAP. Does anyone have a reading list and a list of vaccinations necessary so I can crack on while I wait for my acceptance pack to arrive? Thanks!
Original post by Saywhatyoumean
Is anyone else still waiting to hear??

Apparently most people were sent a confirmation email talking about things to do next... and some people have aka like me.

Wed have to call them and ask them to send it but they might be closed right now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Admissions office is open, I just called them :smile:
Original post by Synergy86
Admissions office is open, I just called them :smile:

They aren't picking up for me :/
Original post by Brownclown
They aren't picking up for me :/

Are you ringing Caroline Colaço-Monteiro?
Original post by Synergy86
Are you ringing Caroline Colaço-Monteiro?

I'm ringing the admissions number no specific person

I don't know who she is I spoke to Emma
I rang the main reception and they said admissions is closed until Monday
I rang maybe an hour ago on 020 8725 0497 - she sorted me out. I don't know if she's only grad entry though, but she was definitely in the office. It would make sense to have admissions staff around 2 days after A-level results are published...
Original post by 286001
Apparently most people were sent a confirmation email talking about things to do next... and some people have aka like me.

Wed have to call them and ask them to send it but they might be closed right now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

When did you get the confirmation email? My place is confirmed on track but I haven't heard anything from them. Is there anything that we need to do really urgently?
Original post by gracee89
When did you get the confirmation email? My place is confirmed on track but I haven't heard anything from them. Is there anything that we need to do really urgently?

Hey I didn't get any comfirmation email either :s-smilie:
But I submitted my DBS check anyway becuase the previous email said to do so straight after we recieved confirmation of our place on results day
Original post by tealover96
Hey I didn't get any comfirmation email either :s-smilie:
But I submitted my DBS check anyway becuase the previous email said to do so straight after we recieved confirmation of our place on results day

Ah I'm sure its fine then, we'll probably hear next week :smile:
I'm just being irrationally paranoid that they'll find a reason to take my place off me!

Quick Reply

Latest