The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff University 2015 Accommodation Choices!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Natalierm2707
Does anybody know which halls have double beds and which have single beds?? Im buying my duvet and stuff tomorrow and need to know! Ive applied to talybont

I thought all the accomodation came with bedding included? I would also like to know which halls have double beds!
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by HennersPD
I thought all the accomodation came with bedding included? I would also like to know which halls have double beds!

Unless you buy one of the packs offered by the uni or by student uni packs (can't remember their actual name) all you get in your room is a single bed with a mattress and nothing else (or a 3/4 bed with mattress in taly gate or one of the liberty places), an empty wardrobe (so no hangers), a desk with a chair, a bookshelf, a small bin and curtains. Other than this you have to bring everything else.
In the kitchens they have a fridge, freezer, microwave, cooker, toaster, kettle, iron, ironing board, dustpan and brush and a kitchen bin. Again, you have to bring everything else.
Hope this helps. :-)
I have finally been allocated!!

Talybont court, ground floor flat 0R, room 6! (this is the show flat! had a call from the uni telling me this!)
Reply 223
anyone in taly south house 27 flat 2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Taly North House T?
Reply 225
Original post by Mmla
I'm doing biomed too! :smile:

Great! What Halls are you in??
Ah everyone seems to be getting allocated apart from me! Got my unconditional offer on results day so hopefully I'll be allocated soon. :redface:
Original post by callmehannah
Anyone else in Talybont North, House S, 3rd Floor, Flat 11?

I'm in flat 10! :biggrin:
Reply 228
Original post by Laura31
I'm in flat 10! :biggrin:

I'm House T, Flat 5! :biggrin:
Reply 229
Original post by Sraj97
Great! What Halls are you in??
talybont North :smile: you?
Reply 230
I have finally been allocated!!

Talybont court, ground floor flat 0R, room 6! (this is the show flat! had a call from the uni telling me this!)

ahh so jealous! Mine still hasn't come through :-( when did you send in your application?
Reply 231
Original post by Mmla
talybont North :smile: you?

Same! House T flat 5
Reply 232
Original post by Sraj97
Same! House T flat 5

Brilliant! I'm house A though, but I'll see you on the course :smile:
Reply 233
I'm sure we will! I'm Shweta by the way :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Loafie
ahh so jealous! Mine still hasn't come through :-( when did you send in your application?

14th of april, cardiff rang me about mine as i was taking the last room in taly court and it was in the show flat!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I only applied for accommodation last night because Cardiff was my insurance choice, but it wouldn't let me pick the exact accommodation only what type (self catered, en-suite etc). Have I done it wrong or has this happened to other people who had Cardiff as insurance and not firm?
Reply 236
14th of april, cardiff rang me about mine as i was taking the last room in taly court and it was in the show flat!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh no I wanted court 😟 but congrats on getting the last room lol! hopefully south will still have some spaces, I applied the beginning of May Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 237
Original post by ClaudiaaaX
I only applied for accommodation last night because Cardiff was my insurance choice, but it wouldn't let me pick the exact accommodation only what type (self catered, en-suite etc). Have I done it wrong or has this happened to other people who had Cardiff as insurance and not firm?

That's probably because there's more limited options for clearing students :-)
Original post by Loafie
Oh no I wanted court 😟 but congrats on getting the last room lol! hopefully south will still have some spaces, I applied the beginning of May Posted from TSR Mobile

I think south still has spaces as they offered me north or south if i wasnt willing to take on the show flat as it is open for the two open days to the public so i cannot use my kitchen that day at all!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Loafie
That's probably because there's more limited options for clearing students :-)

I wasn't in clearing, Cardiff was my insurance

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending