The Student Room Group

Asurat's road to 4 As at AS

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by Asurat
Your boy got AAAB at AS!!! (Considering maths and further maths as individual AS levels and not part of the A2, of course). The B was AS physics, I dropped 2 UMS and am gonna try get a remark but I digress. Verification soon come :biggrin:

Congratulations man! Hard work pays off :biggrin:
Original post by Asurat
Your boy got AAAB at AS!!! (Considering maths and further maths as individual AS levels and not part of the A2, of course). The B was AS physics, I dropped 2 UMS and am gonna try get a remark but I digress. Verification soon come :biggrin:

After me reading through 8 pages of this blog i can see you deserved it so well done
was physics the hardest exam and hardest subject to revise for then?
Reply 142
Original post by youreanutter
After me reading through 8 pages of this blog i can see you deserved it so well done
was physics the hardest exam and hardest subject to revise for then?

Lol nah I just neglected it the entire year for Chemistry. I got a call from my teacher this morning and I was one mark out so I'm getting a remark :smile:
Reply 143
Original post by Asurat
Lol nah I just neglected it the entire year for Chemistry. I got a call from my teacher this morning and I was one mark out so I'm getting a remark :smile:

Congrats mate! This has inspired me to make one of these for next year.

I'm actually remarking Chemistry I was out by 3. I feel like OCR cocked up this year as a few others who are pretty strong in my school seem to be on the border of an A like yourself.

What course do you want to apply for come the new academic year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 144
Original post by iBall
Congrats mate! This has inspired me to make one of these for next year.

I'm actually remarking Chemistry I was out by 3. I feel like OCR cocked up this year as a few others who are pretty strong in my school seem to be on the border of an A like yourself.

What course do you want to apply for come the new academic year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd say the blog was helpful with my revision and I probably would have done worse if I didn't have it, purely because I ended up structuring my revision without realising it. You should go for it as it's motivating knowing that people are watching and you need to perform I think.

I sort of think right about the OCR thing, I came out of unit 2 physics confident that I sent it to hell and was surprised to hear I only got 58.
After dropping chemistry, I'm thinking of applying maths or maths w econ next year, I've already started STEP preparation and further reading (by started reading I mean I bought a book literally yesterday and haven't opened it yet). I was hoping Warwick/UCL/Durham LSE Bath/Bristol QMUL as potential places to apply. I need to go to open days soon, I had no idea of what my grades would be like so I thought I'd wait around a bit.
What about you, what are your plans for the next few months? Also how'd you find this exam season?
Reply 145
Original post by Asurat
I'd say the blog was helpful with my revision and I probably would have done worse if I didn't have it, purely because I ended up structuring my revision without realising it. You should go for it as it's motivating knowing that people are watching and you need to perform I think.

I sort of think right about the OCR thing, I came out of unit 2 physics confident that I sent it to hell and was surprised to hear I only got 58.
After dropping chemistry, I'm thinking of applying maths or maths w econ next year, I've already started STEP preparation and further reading (by started reading I mean I bought a book literally yesterday and haven't opened it yet). I was hoping Warwick/UCL/Durham LSE Bath/Bristol QMUL as potential places to apply. I need to go to open days soon, I had no idea of what my grades would be like so I thought I'd wait around a bit.
What about you, what are your plans for the next few months? Also how'd you find this exam season?

Yeah, that is my philosophy on why I want to make a thread, looking back I realised that I got sidetracked a bit this year and I can't afford for that to happen next year.

You look pretty strong for those universities and those are all sound choices. I also didn't attend any open days so will have to set some up as well.

This exam season was okay, ended up with AAAAB in Maths, Physics, Economics, Business Studies and Chemistry respectively, still a bit hurt because I put ridiculous hours into Chemistry and I felt the exams were solid. :s-smilie: Going to pick up AS Further Maths next year and drop Business Studies, if my remark is successful I'll probably drop Chemistry as well haha.

For the next few months I've got to sort out all the Uni stuff now, I'm thinking of applying for Economics/A&F or something very closely related. Haven't got a final uni list but am considering Oxford, UCL, Warwick, LSE, Nottingham, Bristol etc. just want to write a solid personal statement and read around the subjects now.

Hopefully we can keep the upward trend going and smash A2 ! Good luck with everything coming up
Reply 146
Original post by iBall
Yeah, that is my philosophy on why I want to make a thread, looking back I realised that I got sidetracked a bit this year and I can't afford for that to happen next year.

You look pretty strong for those universities and those are all sound choices. I also didn't attend any open days so will have to set some up as well.

This exam season was okay, ended up with AAAAB in Maths, Physics, Economics, Business Studies and Chemistry respectively, still a bit hurt because I put ridiculous hours into Chemistry and I felt the exams were solid. :s-smilie: Going to pick up AS Further Maths next year and drop Business Studies, if my remark is successful I'll probably drop Chemistry as well haha.

For the next few months I've got to sort out all the Uni stuff now, I'm thinking of applying for Economics/A&F or something very closely related. Haven't got a final uni list but am considering Oxford, UCL, Warwick, LSE, Nottingham, Bristol etc. just want to write a solid personal statement and read around the subjects now.

Hopefully we can keep the upward trend going and smash A2 ! Good luck with everything coming up

Those are some really impressive grades, you look like you'll be in really good shape for next year!

If you need help with AS further maths next year or want to just generally talk about any recent events for your further reading hmu. Enjoy the rest of your Summer!
Reply 147
Original post by Asurat
Those are some really impressive grades, you look like you'll be in really good shape for next year!

If you need help with AS further maths next year or want to just generally talk about any recent events for your further reading hmu. Enjoy the rest of your Summer!

Sure man, I'll probably shoot a PM through! Doing FP1, S1 and S2
Reply 148
Original post by Asurat

Sure man, I'll probably shoot a PM through! Doing FP1, S1 and S2
Congrats!! :biggrin:
Reply 150
Original post by An0maly
Congrats!! :biggrin:

Thank you :smile:
Good job mate, don't worry about physics, I know loads of clever people who got AAAB with the B in physics! It's a very respectable grade for a very tough subject.
Reply 152
Original post by Dylann
Good job mate, don't worry about physics, I know loads of clever people who got AAAB with the B in physics! It's a very respectable grade for a very tough subject.

Cheers! Yeah I'm not too bothered about physics as I'm going to retake half of my exams anyway, hopefully the remark comes through good though.
Original post by Asurat
Cheers! Yeah I'm not too bothered about physics as I'm going to retake half of my exams anyway, hopefully the remark comes through good though.

What exams are you retaking? Your grades are already good :tongue:
Reply 154
Original post by SheLikeTheMango
What exams are you retaking? Your grades are already good :tongue:

I'm retaking G482 Physics, C2, S1 and FP1. It's not that I did badly, but I want to get the best chance of getting A ums next year and those are the modules that I did badly enough to justify a retake and enjoy enough not to want to scratch my eyes out revising :smile:
Well done Asurat! Motivated me to start early!
Congratulations, mate. Really well deserved and it just goes to show that hard work pays off. Even though I'm not studying subjects similar to yours, you have inspired me to work even harder towards my own goals next years. All the best for the future. You should be very happy and proud of yourself. An inspiration.
Well done, you deserved it
Reply 158
Original post by Adeel Ali
Well done Asurat! Motivated me to start early!

Thanks man! If you're doing similar subjects to me I'd say enjoy your Summer and relax, I did look at some stuff during the Summer and forgot the bulk of it by the time I started learning :smile:
Reply 159
Original post by domlang123
Congratulations, mate. Really well deserved and it just goes to show that hard work pays off. Even though I'm not studying subjects similar to yours, you have inspired me to work even harder towards my own goals next years. All the best for the future. You should be very happy and proud of yourself. An inspiration.

Thanks for the complimentary words :biggrin: Good luck in your A levels too man!

Quick Reply

Latest