The Student Room Group
Middlesex is raising in the ranking and is a good, mid-ranked law school. Much depend on your results and which other options you have at the moment. Perhaps if you elaborate on what you consider good and what confuses you I can give you my opinion.
Reply 2
Original post by christianlaw
Middlesex is raising in the ranking and is a good, mid-ranked law school. Much depend on your results and which other options you have at the moment. Perhaps if you elaborate on what you consider good and what confuses you I can give you my opinion.

I have got offer from Swansea, Coventry and Lincoln. I desperately want to stay in London. Middlesex is the only Uni which offered me a place in LLB in London. Now i'm confuse weather to take the offer or not coz the other uni's from which i received offers are really good in Ranking. That's why i need some advice weather to take the offer of Middlesex or go to other uni.
Original post by Rz95
Hi
I got offer from Middlesex for LLB undergraduate. I am confused on weather to take it or not..
Please give me some advice.

Not particularly. But it's not atrocious either.

Depends on your grades though.
Original post by Rz95
I have got offer from Swansea, Coventry and Lincoln. I desperately want to stay in London. Middlesex is the only Uni which offered me a place in LLB in London. Now i'm confuse weather to take the offer or not coz the other uni's from which i received offers are really good in Ranking. That's why i need some advice weather to take the offer of Middlesex or go to other uni.

As you already know Swansea is much higher in the ranking but is in Wales :smile: It really depends on your marks but if you want to stay in London Middlesex seems like a good option -- the other two are not much higher up in the ranking so it won't make a huge difference in terms of prestige and you can stay in London. Another option in London might be BPP perhaps you can call their clearing hotline and see ?
Reply 5
Original post by christianlaw
As you already know Swansea is much higher in the ranking but is in Wales :smile: It really depends on your marks but if you want to stay in London Middlesex seems like a good option -- the other two are not much higher up in the ranking so it won't make a huge difference in terms of prestige and you can stay in London. Another option in London might be BPP perhaps you can call their clearing hotline and see ?

I recently completed foundation course from Queen Mary and I got about 52%. can u give me some names of mid-level Uni which are good?
Good is very subjective :smile: As you will be spending three years there you have to take the time to visit these places and form your own opinion.

In no particular order you might want to try Westminster, Greenwich and Brunel.

I would also consider BPP because it has a good and growing reputation -- especially with law firms and if you intend to continue there with the LPC.

Middlesex is a good option (in terms of ranking it is higher than some of the other names I gave you) but the personal/campus/environment factor is something that only you can evaluate.
I don't particularly know about rankings, but my cousin does the same course there and enjoys it. She says that more people are focused on their studies than you would think.
Original post by Rz95

The plain fact is that all the other universities you mention are better for law than Middlesex as are Westminster, Greenwich and Brunel mentioned by christianlaw.

The pull of London means that most universities in London can ask for results at least a couple of grades higher than they could do if they were outside London.
Hi! We just wanted to let you know that if you haven't yet made your decision, our admissions line is still open and our advisers would be more than happy to give you any information you might need. You can reach us on: 03331 224 359. Good luck with your future studies!
Original post by nulli tertius
The plain fact is that all the other universities you mention are better for law than Middlesex as are Westminster, Greenwich and Brunel mentioned by christianlaw.

The pull of London means that most universities in London can ask for results at least a couple of grades higher than they could do if they were outside London.

From the Universities mentioned (Swansea, Coventry, Lincoln, Middlesex, Westminster, Greenwich and Brunel) only two are "traditional" universities and these are Swansea and Brunel, Brunel gained its Royal Charter in 1966 and Swansea was chartered as University College of Swansea in 1920 as the fourth college of the University of Wales and in 1948 became the first campus university in UK.All the other universities that are mentioned (Coventry, Lincoln, Middlesex, Westminster and Greenwich) are post 1992 universities, which means that they were ex-polytechnics or ex-colleges that gained university status after the Further and Higher Education Act 1992. Although 23 years have passed since the became universities they still carry the ex-poly, ex-college label and many employers will shun them just for that no matter how good they may rank in some league tables.

Additionally, if you did a simple ranking of research funding per student you will see two distinctive groups on the top the traditional universities and at the bottom the former ex-polys, ex-colleges.

Also, for most science subjects these so called new universities offer degrees with have a much lower mathematical content and are far less rigorous. Employers know this and this will affect your future employment.

If I was you I would go to Brunel or Swansea or another low ranked traditional university than a higher ranked ex-poly or ex-college. But that is obviously my personal opinion.
Original post by Rz95
Hi
I got offer from Middlesex for LLB undergraduate. I am confused on weather to take it or not..
Please give me some advice.

Going to Middlesex University is the worst choice you could ever do to yourself! I am a first year LLB law student and im doing everything i can to leave MDX. the life there is DEPRESSING and the content is not taught in a good way. Everyone complains about this and i cannot wait to leave by the end of this year hopefully. Worst decision ive ever made was come to middlesex.

If you like local, small and a boring uni life university with lecturers and teachers who dont know how to teach, then middlesex is for you

Latest

Trending

Trending