The Student Room Group

understanding ucas options.urgent please!

hi,i had conditional offer for joint honours psychology/business management from glasgow university that i did not meet but i met the grades for single honours business management. Glasgow was my firm and they offered me a place for single honours business management.

But i do not want to accept this offer....what should i do. i know being an international student ucas did send my a levels result to universities. Does this mean that before the ucas display me the option for rejecting glasgow, i cannot send my result to strathclyde? or shall i send my result to strathclyde, like i sent to glasgow and then there will be a button for rejecting glasgow and accepting strathclyde for which i fully met my grades?

OR i do not have the authority to reject unless glasgow itself releases me from the offer, because it was my firm...but i did not meet the grades for its actual offer?

UCAS says, 'If you meet the conditions of your outstanding offer, the university or college will confirm your place. You may need to send them details of your results if they ask for them.'

HELP PLEASE!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Haris Tariq
hi,i had conditional offer for joint honours psychology/business management from glasgow university that i did not meet but i met the grades for single honours business management. Glasgow was my firm and they offered me a place for single honours business management.

But i do not want to accept this offer....what should i do. i know being an international student ucas did send my a levels result to universities. Does this mean that before the ucas display me the option for rejecting glasgow, i cannot send my result to strathclyde? or shall i send my result to strathclyde, like i sent to glasgow and then there will be a button for rejecting glasgow and accepting strathclyde for which i fully met my grades?

OR i do not have the authority to reject unless glasgow itself releases me from the offer, because it was my firm...but i did not meet the grades for its actual offer?

UCAS says, 'If you meet the conditions of your outstanding offer, the university or college will confirm your place. You may need to send them details of your results if they ask for them.'

HELP PLEASE!

In theory, this should be treated like a course change- meaning you have five days to decide whether to accept/reject the offer- and if you reject it, you should automatically have a place at your insurance.

However, it sounds like Glasgow have done things a bit strangely, possibly because the choice has only gone from joint to single offers.

I would suggest contacting Glasgow (by phone) tomorrow, to explain you don't want to accept the offer, and ask them what you should do. If you have any problems, you should contact UCAS straight away.
Reply 2
Original post by SlowlorisIncognito
In theory, this should be treated like a course change- meaning you have five days to decide whether to accept/reject the offer- and if you reject it, you should automatically have a place at your insurance.

However, it sounds like Glasgow have done things a bit strangely, possibly because the choice has only gone from joint to single offers.

I would suggest contacting Glasgow (by phone) tomorrow, to explain you don't want to accept the offer, and ask them what you should do. If you have any problems, you should contact UCAS straight away.

I am thankful for the help. It has become a major problem, i have mailed strathclyde, because they will be more concerned and will definitely going to call UCAS if the problem persisted. Thanks a lot.
I am thankful for the help. It has become a major problem, i have mailed strathclyde, because they will be more concerned and will definitely going to call UCAS if the problem persisted. Thanks a lot.

I hope that everything is sorted now, but if you are still having issues, I would strongly advise you contact UCAS ASAP and hopefully they will be able to resolve the situation.
Reply 4
I hope that everything is sorted now, but if you are still having issues, I would strongly advise you contact UCAS ASAP and hopefully they will be able to resolve the situation.

I called UCAS, the operator on my behalf declined the offer from my firm and my insurance (Strathclyde) was made my firm choice. However it is surprising that Strathclyde did not change my offer into unconditional yet.Basically, they are asking me to pay GBP 2000 (international student) as it was one of my conditions on my conditional offer. I think i should pay them as it was written on my UCAS offer letter as well. This way i will get my CAS letter soon. Thank you again for your concern.
I called UCAS, the operator on my behalf declined the offer from my firm and my insurance (Strathclyde) was made my firm choice. However it is surprising that Strathclyde did not change my offer into unconditional yet.Basically, they are asking me to pay GBP 2000 (international student) as it was one of my conditions on my conditional offer. I think i should pay them as it was written on my UCAS offer letter as well. This way i will get my CAS letter soon. Thank you again for your concern.

Unfortunately, if that is one of the conditions of your offer, you will have to pay before your offer becomes unconditional- you should have until August 31st to pay.

Once that's sorted, your offer should become unconditional.

I'm glad UCAS were able to help with Glasgow, though.
Reply 6
Unfortunately, if that is one of the conditions of your offer, you will have to pay before your offer becomes unconditional- you should have until August 31st to pay.

Once that's sorted, your offer should become unconditional.

I'm glad UCAS were able to help with Glasgow, though.

Thanks for all the help.

Quick Reply

Latest