The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC4 Core 4 - 9th June 2015 [Discussion & unofficial markscheme]

Scroll to see replies

A* in Maths overall but still not enough for Bath! :/ off to Cardiff now to study Chemistry! Very happy indeed :biggrin:
Original post by CD223
Hardly the end of the world :wink: well done!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know, same of course :smile:
Original post by CD223
Well done! Do you know where you're applying and for what course?

Thank you! I am applying for Maths at Cambridge hopefully :smile:
Original post by datpr0
Wewt, rekt those Maths results :biggrin:, congratulations everyone!

Overall grade: A* | 549/600 UMS | 91.5% UMS

UNITS:
MPC1 - 100 UMS
MPC2 - 100 UMS
MPC3 - 100 UMS
MPC4 - 93 UMS (didn't finish the vectors and made two silly mistakes </3)
MM1B - 100 UMS
MD01 - 56 UMS (yeah, I did no revision for that one)

I know, RIP in pepperonis 100 UMS in all core units :/ (was never aiming for 600/600 UMS because I'm too lazy for the optional unit :biggrin:... only got 100 UMS in M1 because it's ez pz xD).

Overall A-level subject grades:
AQA Mathematics - A*
OCR Physics A - A
Edexcel D&T Graphic Products - B

AS subject grades:
AQA Mathematics - A
OCR Physics A - A
Edexcel D&T Graphic Products - A
OCR Chemistry A - B (dropped because I didn't really like it that much and was thus less willing to revise - especially so when considering my school makes you drop to three A2's unless the fourth is Further Maths - for it, hence the B)

Congrats! Going to uni? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm in year 12 and I got my A level Maths grade today, A*, i'm so happy. One year early. Congratulations to everyone and thankyou for your help on the studentroom

Posted from TSR Mobile
A* overall= happiness!
Anybody know if I can request to have modules swapped between maths and further maths?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2607
Original post by Maths97Student
Anybody know if I can request to have modules swapped between maths and further maths?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They shuffle them to maximise your grade anyway don't they?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
They shuffle them to maximise your grade anyway don't they?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No they haven't, I got A*C but could've got A*B

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Maths97Student
No they haven't, I got A*C but could've got A*B

Posted from TSR Mobile

You must be wrong, post your stuff
100 in this 😎
Reply 2611
Original post by Stepidermis
100 in this 😎

Well done! I was right that this was my worse unit. 100 in C3 and 95 in C4 haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is there any way a remark of my core 4 could move it up 10 ums (5 raw marks) or is this highly unlikely? I got 70 (52 marks) but really need 80 as I got 100 in core 3.
Original post by A12R34
Is there any way a remark of my core 4 could move it up 10 ums (5 raw marks) or is this highly unlikely? I got 70 (52 marks) but really need 80 as I got 100 in core 3.

Highly unlikely, sorry. Given that it's a maths exam, the mark scheme will be very definitive regarding the allocation of marks. As such, unless you were wrongly not credited with accuracy marks on multiple questions, I can't see a scenario in which your mark would increase by 10 UMS.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by datpr0
Highly unlikely, sorry. Given that it's a maths exam, the mark scheme will be very definitive regarding the allocation of marks. As such, unless you were wrongly not credited with accuracy marks on multiple questions, I can't see a scenario in which your mark would increase by 10 UMS.

Ahhh, I will have to retake instead then!
Lool I got 98 in C4 and 97 in C3 - how did u guys do in mech? I got 84 ahaha I needed 54 for an A* presuming I only got 180 UMS in C3/4
Original post by MoHoosen9167
Lool I got 98 in C4 and 97 in C3 - how did u guys do in mech? I got 84 ahaha I needed 54 for an A* presuming I only got 180 UMS in C3/4

Congratulations :biggrin:. I posted all my results earlier but I'll list my A2 maths results again, they were:
MPC3 - 100 UMS
MPC4 - 93 UMS
MM1B - 100 UMS
Reply 2617
Original post by MoHoosen9167

Overall:
MPC1 97
MPC2 100
MPC3 100
MPC4 95
MM1B 100
MM2B 98

:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I do not understand how did you get those answers for question 6 b) and c), Can somebody please briefly explain me ?
Reply 2619
if anyone could do a worked answer to question 8, that'd be so helpful.
Thanks!

Quick Reply