The Student Room Group

Business Studies AQA A Level URGENT SELF STUDY

I am planning to do the AQA Business Studies AS and A2 in one year.

Is this possible?

How hard is Business Studies?

PLEASE HELP- Much appreciated
Reply 1
Yes i believe this is possible. If you work hard and get some external help as well
It is pretty easy expect for unit 4.

Unit 4, you will need to put a lot of time into, but apart from that it is relatively easy.

To give you some idea, I completed Unit 1 during GCSE with no tutoring, other people I know completed the whole AS while in GCSE.

Just watch out for Unit 4.
As said above. AS is super easy if you've studied GCSE business studies. A lot of the content overlaps. Sites such as Tutor2u help a lot.

Unit 4. Unit 4 will be a nightmare, because you will struggle to find any past help on it, simply because it is completely different each year.

Unit 4 is split into two sections, you answer only one question from each section.

It's section A that you have to be careful of. The exam board will issue some bullet points relating to a certain theme, the question could be about ANYTHING to do with those bullet points, and they tend to be vague. Not only this but in Unit 4 you are not given case studies, you are given small snippets of information. You have to do the research to make your own case studies, including information on specific businesses. You may not bring this information into the exam, you must remember it.

Two years ago section A was something to do with Business in China, Last year it was manufacturing in the UK, who knows what might come up this year!

Though luckily in the subject most stuff is self explanatory (I ignored my teacher for two years as she kept giving me conflicting information so I relied on Tutor2U)
Original post by Yellow636
It is pretty easy expect for unit 4.

Unit 4, you will need to put a lot of time into, but apart from that it is relatively easy.

To give you some idea, I completed Unit 1 during GCSE with no tutoring, other people I know completed the whole AS while in GCSE.

Just watch out for Unit 4.

unit 4 was easy also lol
Original post by AverageExcellence
unit 4 was easy also lol

Good for you :P

I thought it was more difficult and required a lot more effort than the other units.

Still got an A overall though :P
unit 4 was easy also lol

meh, I think it depends on what the bullet points are. This years was easy, the china one was flipping vile. And it needs a lot of time dedicated to it. When you're studying for the other three exams, plus other subjects, it's a LOT of work, especially when you don't know where to start.
Original post by Yellow636
Good for you :P

I thought it was more difficult and required a lot more effort than the other units.

Still got an A overall though :P

I guess it was the hardest paper of all given the longer essay styles and the case studies, I found it quite fun in the end though a lot of people struggled, our teacher was poo poo though :tongue:.
Original post by IfOnlyItWereEasy
meh, I think it depends on what the bullet points are. This years was easy, the china one was flipping vile. And it needs a lot of time dedicated to it. When you're studying for the other three exams, plus other subjects, it's a LOT of work, especially when you don't know where to start.

I did it 3 years ago, it was the samsung mobile phone take over one
I did it 3 years ago, it was the samsung mobile phone take over one

Sounds more interesting that Government policy in manufacturing :biggrin: Though can't lie, was grateful for our bullet points, wouldn't have managed the A* if it had been anything else.
Sounds more interesting that Government policy in manufacturing :biggrin: Though can't lie, was grateful for our bullet points, wouldn't have managed the A* if it had been anything else.

congrats!, which uni are you going to and what are you studying? :smile:
congrats!, which uni are you going to and what are you studying? :smile:

Thank you ^^ I was so shocked! I was so sure I'd messed it up at some point (especially with ignoring my teacher and doing the opposite of most things she told me)

I'm going on to study BSc International Business at the University of Leeds ^^
Thank you ^^ I was so shocked! I was so sure I'd messed it up at some point (especially with ignoring my teacher and doing the opposite of most things she told me)

I'm going on to study BSc International Business at the University of Leeds ^^

Good uni and nice place! :smile:
Original post by yooj98
I am planning to do the AQA Business Studies AS and A2 in one year.

Is this possible?

How hard is Business Studies?

PLEASE HELP- Much appreciated

You can do AS and A2 in one year - and get the A level, however with the changes to A levels you have to sit ALL exams in Summer 2016....as from then on the course/syllabus changes.

If you need any help with your A level Business Studies, let me know :smile:

Matt - LearnOnline
Reply 14
Hi, I'm doing the same and I was wondering if there was anywhere I can access or purchase online revision guides such as PDF versions?
Also relating to the themes, are they known before the exams? if so how can I find out the themes for this year. Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending