The Student Room Group

Anyone else resitting A Levels (Year13)?

I'm resitting my A Levels having achieved BBD in maths, economics and biology. I'm just wondering is there anyone else out there resitting if so, with what grades? I've been told by my teacher to go to uni this year but I'm really not happy with my grades and the idea of going to a uni I won't be happy in having not found a desired place through clearing.

Scroll to see replies

Same here.
I achieved A*CCD and I'm resitting.

Less than 10 ums in all of them from achieving the higher grade
Original post by Kmohazeb
Same here.
I achieved A*CCD and I'm resitting.

Less than 10 ums in all of them from achieving the higher grade

Aw, do you know anyone else in your sixth form/college resitting? I'm really dreading going back because as far as I know, I'm the only one resitting and I've not seen anyone in the past 2 years resit year 13 back in my sixth form. How are you feeling about resitting?
Original post by naomi288
Aw, do you know anyone else in your sixth form/college resitting? I'm really dreading going back because as far as I know, I'm the only one resitting and I've not seen anyone in the past 2 years resit year 13 back in my sixth form. How are you feeling about resitting?

I feel so annoyed. I'm resitting as a private candidate though as I really don't want to go back to yr13. What uni were you planning onto going?
I'm resitting with CEEE in chemistry, maths, biology and geography.
Original post by Kmohazeb
I feel so annoyed. I'm resitting as a private candidate though as I really don't want to go back to yr13. What uni were you planning onto going?

Ah I'm actually going back as my parents wanted it. I wish I was allowed to sit as a private candidate.

And I originally applied to go to Newcastle to study accounting and finance. However, I think I've changed my mind this time round with both my uni choices and courses but still haven't decided. Where did you want to go and to study what course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by peanutbutterjam

I feel your pain especially with biology and how hard it actually is :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I feel your pain especially with biology and how hard it actually is :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Luckily I can still take same subjects, but biology is definitely not one of them :laugh:
What did you originally intend to apply for?
Luckily I can still take same subjects, but biology is definitely not one of them :laugh:
What did you originally intend to apply for?

My problem is that I didn't take an AS levels on top of my A Levels so I can't drop biology :/

I originally applied to do accounting and finance at Newcastle. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
My problem is that I didn't take an AS levels on top of my A Levels so I can't drop biology :/

I originally applied to do accounting and finance at Newcastle. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I planned to apply for physics. Couldn't take AS/A2 physics next year due to the new reforms, so I'm redoing the entire year.
I planned to apply for physics. Couldn't take AS/A2 physics next year due to the new reforms, so I'm redoing the entire year.

I want to pick up something new too but can't so I'm just sticking with my original subjects and hope for the best

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah I'm actually going back as my parents wanted it. I wish I was allowed to sit as a private candidate.

And I originally applied to go to Newcastle to study accounting and finance. However, I think I've changed my mind this time round with both my uni choices and courses but still haven't decided. Where did you want to go and to study what course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I originally wanted to study law at soas, but I have now planned on studying a different course at a different uni. Probably international relations at kcl. This is going to be one stressful year
Reply 12

Biology and Chemistry were a nightmare this year.
Original post by do_odle
Biology and Chemistry were a nightmare this year.

I did OCR B chemistry and the exams weren't too bad. Although biology (AQA) was a nightmare, I thought the grade boundaries were quite high and the isa was pretty difficult too.
Yeap. AEE! Honestly been crying since results day at 9.30am lol .

Getting over it now & entering as a private candidate to re-do Bio & Chem which were E's.
Reply 15
I did OCR B chemistry and the exams weren't too bad. Although biology (AQA) was a nightmare, I thought the grade boundaries were quite high and the isa was pretty difficult too.

Both Chemistry and Biology were AQA and I got U in them both. I don't know if it's worth doing the same subjects again especially with the new curriculum
Original post by do_odle
Both Chemistry and Biology were AQA and I got U in them both. I don't know if it's worth doing the same subjects again especially with the new curriculum

It depends what you want to do at university. I'm not too fond of the new curriculum, but at least I can learn from the mistakes I made last year.
Reply 17
It depends what you want to do at university. I'm not too fond of the new curriculum, but at least I can learn from the mistakes I made last year.

yeah I guess that's true. what do you plan to do in Uni
Original post by do_odle
yeah I guess that's true. what do you plan to do in Uni

Physics, hopefully at Bath or Liverpool :h:
What about you?
Reply 19
Got DDE in my A levels:frown: Retaking as a private candidate.
How does everyone on here plan to spend their days? I plan to on working maybe 3 or 4 days a week to keep me sane as much as anything and fill the rest of the time with private tutoring and studying...
Just noticed that the AQA Biology specification is changing, does this mean I wont be able to retake any AS modules???!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest