The Student Room Group

Aldi Graduate Area Manager video interview

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys I have asked to do a video interview too. I appreciate any help!! I want this job so much since it fits me perfectly in every single way.
Original post by Ashcan't123
Hey guys I have asked to do a video interview too. I appreciate any help!! I want this job so much since it fits me perfectly in every single way.

Have you done it yet?
Reply 42
hi

when you log onto the link for video do you see the questions to prepare? what is the structure when you start the app?

the video help on aldi website says you can see and practice the questions ?

Original post by bughowex
hi

when you log onto the link for video do you see the questions to prepare? what is the structure when you start the app?

the video help on aldi website says you can see and practice the questions ?

I passed my video interview not too long ago and from what I remember you have a limited time. The question will pop up and a countdown timer will also appear, once the countdown timer reaches 0, it will start recording your answer.
Reply 44
Original post by raglaf_II
I passed my video interview not too long ago and from what I remember you have a limited time. The question will pop up and a countdown timer will also appear, once the countdown timer reaches 0, it will start recording your answer.

Do you remember the types of questions that were asked?
Original post by McPeach
Do you remember the types of questions that were asked?

I can't remember the exact ones as it was a while back now. This thread outlined most of the questions so just have an answer to all of them. All I can really remember is a questions about something interesting you learned about Aldi from your research. Good Luck!!
Hi,,

I passed my video interview (and I was out of time on some so don't panic too much!). I was wondering if anyone had any experiences about the group day? I know I have to do a presentation, but not quite sure what people usually do it on and how it usually works. 3 minutes feels like nothing! I've done general research and visiting a store this week but full of doubt :tongue:

Thanks
Reply 47
How long did it take you to hear back from Aldi? I did my video interview yesterday and am really anxious!
It took a week or so. I'd kinda forgotten/assumed failure when I got the email telling me I was on to the next stage.
Reply 49
For anyone doing the placement programme, here are the questions I got;

1) Name and location 30sec
2) Introduce yourself 60sec
3)
4) Why Aldi 30sec
5) Why do you think you will be a match for Aldi 60sec
6) What do you think the placement will entail 60sec
7) An example of drive and ambition 60sec
8) Time you set high standards 30sec
9) Example of when you set high standards 30sec
10) Why are proud of this example 30sec
can you stop the recording when you have finished answering the question?
Reply 51
After you've answered one question you can have a break between the next question. Or at least, that's how I remembered it.
However, if you finish answering the question before the time runs out, it will keep recording you until it fills the allocated time.
Reply 52
Just heard back from Aldi after my video interview. I've been invited to a group assessment! So happy!
Original post by Informed
Just heard back from Aldi after my video interview. I've been invited to a group assessment! So happy!

How long ago did you do your video interview? I did mine last week and was wondering how long they take to get back to you? :smile:

Thanks
Reply 54
Original post by newbieold
How long ago did you do your video interview? I did mine last week and was wondering how long they take to get back to you? :smile:

Thanks

Hi newbieold,

I took the video interview on Wednesday the 18th of November and heard back from Aldi yesterday.

Which area did you apply for?
Original post by Informed
Hi newbieold,

I took the video interview on Wednesday the 18th of November and heard back from Aldi yesterday.

Which area did you apply for?

Hi all,

I've applied for the Neston/Middleton regions. Any chance you can remember any of the questions you got asked in the Video Interview. I have mine tomorrow!
Hey, I did my video interview last week. Still not heard back yet. I can't remember all of the questions but these were a few that I had: Introduce Yourself, Location and Why, How well is Aldi performing? Greatest Weakness? Experience so far? Something you learned about Aldi from research? Where do you see yourself in five years
Good luck!!
(edited 8 years ago)
Thanks for putting up the questions!! Really helpful! I've got my video interview to do so doing the preparation :smile: could anyone tell me how long they give you to answer each question approx? :smile: Would be very grateful :smile:
Reply 58
Original post by Heathertara
Thanks for putting up the questions!! Really helpful! I've got my video interview to do so doing the preparation :smile: could anyone tell me how long they give you to answer each question approx? :smile: Would be very grateful :smile:

Hey, you have between 30 and 60 seconds to answer each question, depending on the question asked. You have about 10 seconds to read the question before you have to answer it.

I've also had a group interview at the Cheltenham regional office. I got rejected a few days later. Was told I'd be given feedback at the interview, but they refused to when they rejected me. Not very professional and may be a sense of things to come if anyone were to work there.

The group interview asked to introduce yourself and then give your favourite Aldi product. I had to think quickly as I've never shopped at Aldi, so think about one during your store walk.

We then had to give a presentation for 3 minutes based on our store walk. The interviewer told us a topic to focus on and gave us 10 minutes to prepare. Topics ranged from product lines not including special buys, staffing and exclusively special buys.

We were then given the opportunity to question other candidates about their presentations for 20 minutes.

The next task was a group discussion. We were given a fictitious job description and a group of CV's and had pick the best person suited for the job. If you can't agree on one as a group, they'll throw in another CV. Don't automatically go with the new person, it will probably not be better than the one's you were considering.
Ive just done the online interview for the 2016 intake... pretty sure I am the last to do it for this intake as the deadline was about 1hr after I did it. Thought I'd post on here for anyone doing this in the future.

10 questions, you have 60 seconds to read and prep the questions for the first one or two till you get used to it then you have 30 seconds after that. Time allotted to answer is either 30 or 60 seconds dependent upon question. Its not tricky or scary really just try and stay calm... i would say don't worry if on a 60 second question you finish after 40 seconds just click to end don't waffle. Main thing is watch the videos they show you before you start.... just try and sound confident and look at the camera! I think mainly they are seeing who freaks out under the pressure and who can at least pretend they are ok!

These are the questions as best I remember them in the rough order I got them.
1. Name and preferred location you applied for
2. Tell us about yourself… where you live, university and what you are doing now
3. What attracts you to work for Aldi
4. What qualities/background to you have that will make you good for the role
5. What do you think you will be doing in the short/medium/long term in this role/scheme
6. tell us about a time you faced a challenge, what was it? How did you achieve it? What motivated you to achieve it?
7. A follow up question related to the one above… its one of those where you basically have already answered in in the question before.
8. tell us about a time when you set a high standard
9. how did you go about achieving this high standard
10. how did it make you feel (or something along those lines)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending