A2 Maths - Want A*
A2 Physics - Want A
AS Chemistry - Want A
AS Further maths - Want A
Third year:
A2 Chemistry - Want A
A2 Further Maths - Want A*
Sub dip Engineering in a year - Want Dist/Dist*
Is this a good plan? I'm looking at doing a Mathematics degree at Warwick or Bristol University :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JPencil
First year: (Grades confirmed)
Maths - A
Physics - A
Psychology - B
Second year: (Starting September 7th)
A2 Maths - Want A*
A2 Physics - Want A
AS Chemistry - Want A
AS Further maths - Want A
Third year:
A2 Chemistry - Want A
A2 Further Maths - Want A*
Sub dip Engineering in a year - Want Dist/Dist*
Is this a good plan? I'm looking at doing a Mathematics degree at Warwick or Bristol University :biggrin:

Universities of the type you mention tend to want to see three A2s being taken in the same year to demonstrate that you have the ability to handle the workload, so no, I don't think it's a good plan.
third year??? are you serious?
rather you than me. make sure that the course you're aiming for is the right one because after studying an extra year for it like in this scenario you ain't gonna be too pleased when its boring as ****
tbh just ask the admissions tutors at the unis you wanna go to
Reply 4
Original post by sqwertylol
third year??? are you serious?
rather you than me. make sure that the course you're aiming for is the right one because after studying an extra year for it like in this scenario you ain't gonna be too pleased when its boring as ****

I have to do the third year because i chose Psychology over Further Maths last year... I wish i could go back in time and punch myself in the face :angry:
Its all good though, i actually enjoy college:colondollar:
Original post by JPencil
I have to do the third year because i chose Psychology over Further Maths last year... I wish i could go back in time and punch myself in the face :angry:
Its all good though, i actually enjoy college:colondollar:

you can still get in with pyschology a level. just try get a* in maths
Reply 6
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Universities of the type you mention tend to want to see three A2s being taken in the same year to demonstrate that you have the ability to handle the workload, so no, I don't think it's a good plan.

I don't see another way, unless i do Further Maths in a year and drop Chemistry all together. I know i'll need to highlight my reasons for a third year in my Personal Statement :tongue:
Reply 7
you can still get in with pyschology a level. just try get a* in maths

I can't bare Psychology another year, plus i need Further Maths :/
Original post by JPencil
I don't see another way, unless i do Further Maths in a year and drop Chemistry all together. I know i'll need to highlight my reasons for a third year in my Personal Statement :tongue:

Take your current three into A2 and do AS FM at the same time. I'd contact your university choices and take their advice, but tbh I don't think your plan is feasible.
Reply 9
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Take your current three into A2 and do AS FM at the same time. I'd contact your university choices and take their advice, but tbh I don't think your plan is feasible.

I would only have an AS in Further Maths then :s-smilie: Plus Psychology is killing me :'(
Original post by JPencil
I would only have an AS in Further Maths then :s-smilie: Plus Psychology is killing me :'(

You'd better discuss your options with your school and ask a selection of universities what they want.
Original post by JPencil
I can't bare Psychology another year, plus i need Further Maths :/

i did maths course at bristol. maybe warwickyou'll need further but bristol no
Reply 12
i did maths course at bristol. maybe warwickyou'll need further but bristol no

Can i ask what grades you got and in which subjects? :tongue:
Original post by JPencil
Can i ask what grades you got and in which subjects? :tongue:

3 As in bio chem maths . had offer for a*aa . got through clearing in the end . was last year
Reply 14
3 As in bio chem maths . had offer for a*aa . got through clearing in the end . was last year

I don't think i could get an A in Psychology though :ashamed2:
Well done btw :smile:
Original post by JPencil
I don't think i could get an A in Psychology though :ashamed2:
Well done btw :smile:

lol pyschology is easy i know people who got good grades in it who arent super clever - and you need to be super clever for maths honestly

i didnt like the course and left. about to start dentistry elsewhere in septemeber
Reply 16
lol pyschology is easy i know people who got good grades in it who arent super clever - and you need to be super clever for maths honestly

i didnt like the course and left. about to start dentistry elsewhere in septemeber

I could have gotten an A in Psychology but i wanted to ensure an A in Physics instead. I think i will do well in a Maths degree, also considering a masters if i get a first.
you need to check out the maths they actually do in degree level maths. its not fun
Reply 18
Original post by JPencil

How about dropping Psychology, doing only AS Chemistry in your A2 year, and taking a gap year and dedicating that to Further Maths?
Reply 19
Original post by HAnwar
How about dropping Psychology, doing only AS Chemistry in your A2 year, and taking a gap year and dedicating that to Further Maths?

I don't see the point, ill still be waiting another 2 years for Uni, I may aswell say in college :s-smilie:

Quick Reply