The Student Room Group

What advice would you give , when approaching girls

I am 22, and inexperienced in relationships, (never had one). I've never been bothered by this, until recently. I've never approached a girl or been on a date etc. Due to my inexperience, I am awkward around girls that I am attracted to, what advice would you give me ?

Also, is it weird to approach random girls, for example one sitting on a park bench etc. My problem is, I just cant get around to approaching them.

Scroll to see replies

Yes, it's weird approaching a girl on a park bench, don't do that - especially if no one else is around smh :ninja:

You should try making friends with girls so you feel more confident around them. With time, you will start to feel at ease. Maybe join social clubs or places where you will have some common ground with other girls - this will give you something to chat about and get comfortable talking to them.

Tbh confidence is key, without it you won't be able to progress to dates so work on that :-)
Reply 2
Original post by tonystark
I am 22, and inexperienced in relationships, (never had one). I've never been bothered by this, until recently. I've never approached a girl or been on a date etc. Due to my inexperience, I am awkward around girls that I am attracted to, what advice would you give me ?

Also, is it weird to approach random girls, for example one sitting on a park bench etc. My problem is, I just cant get around to approaching them.

Follow them in the dark.

As RainbowKiwi said above, you're better off making friends with girls first. At least then you'll know how to start conversations and be more confident.
Sorry this I need to get this off my chest so I clicked on a random thread.

WHAT HAPPENED TO TYGA'S VOICE OMGGGGG
Reply 5
****ing annoying when men approach me when I'm alone relaxing. I'm alone because I want to be alone at that time, piss off
Tyrion Lannister would know.
Girls love it when u dot take no for an answer :smile:
Reply 8
Make sure you bare in mind the vast majority of girls don't want to be approached by some random bloke in the middle of the street (or anywhere really)!

Like RainbowKiwi said, join some clubs, pursue some hobbies; have something to talk about :smile: talking to a girl is no different to talking to any other person. Don't talk to a girl purely because you want to pursue her either.

Yes it is. Don't do it, you'll get a reputation for being a creepy stalker guy and then you'll NEVER get laid.

Just talk to people in normal situations, like in the pub or in lectures.
Confidence is key! Be confident, open yourself up and think positively. Also try not to learn any 'lines', they'll never sound right.
Girls are just people too.. unless they're grills.
Reply 11
It's really easy to sit here and type "be more confident" "be more attractive!" "just be more awesome!" etc.

In reality, it's a numbers game. The only way to gain confidence talking to attractive women is to.....well...talk to them. At a party or a night out, just go and talk to them. You will mess up. It will be awkward many times. But the more and more you do it, the better at it you'll become. Then you'll start to become more relaxed, confidence starts to increase etc... It's all a process, this won't happen over night. The guys who get with the most girls are also the ones who get rejected the most. You just don't hear about that bit...

But one step at a time, mate. Don't try flirting or anything like that until you build up enough confidence to make it feel natural. Just be friendly. And btw, what makes you think the attractive girl also isn't nervous about talking to you?
Reply 12
Remember my words "yes means yes and no means yes" and you'll get plenty of woman
Original post by JD1lla
The guys who get with the most girls are also the ones who get rejected the most. You just don't hear about that bit...

You were doing well with the generic advice, until you said this., because this is complete rubbish. Its like saying the best drivers are the ones that crash most often.

If you're getting rejected, you're doing it wrong.
Take a steamy poo next to her first, it'll show your manliness and give you a topic to talk about.
Reply 15
Original post by cole-slaw
You were doing well with the generic advice, until you said this., because this is complete rubbish. Its like saying the best drivers are the ones that crash most often.

If you're getting rejected, you're doing it wrong.

ha, sorry. why don't you give him some of your advice which is apparently 100% fool proof?

there's no 'right' or 'wrong' way. Simply, some 'methods' are more effective than others. You could play your cards totally right, do everything to the book and still get rejected for no apparent reason. The guys that approach the most girls and learn are the ones that have the highest numbers, if you care for that sort of thing.

No, your analogy doesn't work in this context.
Original post by JD1lla
ha, sorry. why don't you give him some of your advice which is apparently 100% fool proof?

there's no 'right' or 'wrong' way. Simply, some 'methods' are more effective than others. You could play your cards totally right, do everything to the book and still get rejected for no apparent reason. The guys that approach the most girls and learn are the ones that have the highest numbers, if you care for that sort of thing.

No, your analogy doesn't work in this context.

The guys that approach the most girls are the ones that get a reputation for being a desperate loser that hits on anything in a skirt and never, ever get laid, ever again. Girls don't like creepy guys.

There is no "method". There is no "by the book". What you weird PUA types always fail to realise is that if you just act like a normal, friendly, sociable, interesting person then women will voluntarily want to be with you.
Smell nice
Reply 18
Original post by cole-slaw
The guys that approach the most girls are the ones that get a reputation for being a desperate loser that hits on anything in a skirt and never, ever get laid, ever again. Girls don't like creepy guys.

There is no "method". There is no "by the book". What you weird PUA types always fail to realise is that if you just act like a normal, friendly, sociable, interesting person then women will voluntarily want to be with you.

It sounds like you are talking from experience here. Sorry about that. That must be awful.

I'm not sure what PUA means. But yes, I agree. There is no method, hence why I used 'method'. And by the book is a figure of speech, I didn't mean a literal book.

And this is where I'm at a crossroads with regard to how much experience it seems you have... because any male knows that merely being because being nice, normal, friendly and sociable will not get you the attractive girl you've always wanted. This attractive girl will get approached by absolutely everybody and their dog. Being 'nice'. Right. Have you not seen all the 'Why do guys ignore nice guys like me and go for jerks' threads on here?

Approaching people and talking to them doesn't make you creepy. It's all about context. If your sole goal is to objectify women and see them as a goal and all you want to do is sleep with them, then yeah that's desperate. But I'm not really giving advice based on how to get a girl into bed. All I'm saying is to approach and talk more. Based on improving your conversational ability, which also encapsulates body language etc, you'll also become more confident, which is the point.
Due to my inexperience, I am awkward around girls that I am attracted to, what advice would you give me ?

Self-esteem issues. You know nothing about these girls, you have barely ever spoken to them, yet you think of them as highly attractive. How would you even know that? They might have horrible personalities and might well be nowhere near good enough for you.

Forget what girls look like, just talk to them all the same. Withhold your opinion about them until you know them a little better. Stop being so shallow.

If you can talk to guys you can talk to girls. If you can talk to girls, you can talk to "attractive" girls. We're all just human beings.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending