University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

University of Essex 2015 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by angelfox
Me!

I literally can't wait! Do you know anyone else studying law?
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Original post by rosiekay12

heyyy im going to be studying law too :'D

Who is staying at University Quays for accommodation? Im going to be in Sainty Quay
Original post by rosiekay12

people on the facebook freshers page!
Original post by deborarosa
heyyy im going to be studying law too :'D

Who is staying at University Quays for accommodation? Im going to be in Sainty Quay

Welcome to the law club!
Original post by angelfox
Welcome to the law club!

Anybody staying in Harwich court? I'm 14.1/A
Original post by LegendReborn
Didn't see one up for 2015.

So what course has everyone applied for? And have you received an interview/offer yet?

As for me, applied for Computer Science with Year in the Industry, got a letter for an interview on Jan 28th - Applicant Day.
If you're currently doing CompSci there now, sharing your experience with it here would be great :smile:

Doing the same as you man, hope to see you around :smile:, what accomodation did you get?
Hello I'm a future applicant and I just wanted to know what grades people got compared to what thy needed to get. Thanksss
Original post by Toto123
Hello I'm a future applicant and I just wanted to know what grades people got compared to what thy needed to get. Thanksss

They're so lenient with grades! If you make them your firm you're basically in. I didn't get what they wanted, they look at your references and personal statement! I got 3 grades below what they wanted!
Original post by Louise_01
They're so lenient with grades! If you make them your firm you're basically in. I didn't get what they wanted, they look at your references and personal statement! I got 3 grades below what they wanted!

Exactly the same with me as well but I did hear of some people not getting onto their chosen course this year at Essex. Either getting a UCC or I think a decline but most got in with lower grades than what they wanted

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am now a third year student and needed A-levels grades of BBB to get in, however I got BCC. Your personal statement is also taken into account and your references but still make sure you are happy with your insurance choice just in case.
Original post by Rosiekayx
Who got into study Law?!!

Hello!

I just have finished my law degree at Essex this year :smile:
Any questions about the course are welcomed!

^Andriana
Has anyone had luck finding there roommates, I'm in Sainty quays 5.4/E
Original post by BrandonHardy97
Has anyone had luck finding there roommates, I'm in Sainty quays 5.4/E

Heya!

Have you tried joining the Sainty Quay Facebook group? I'm not sure if the student room will let this link be posted but if not just give the group a search on Facebook and you'll find the accommodation group for 2015/16 entry! You should be able to find all of the other students staying in your accommodation on the group :smile:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/808364752558318/
I've already asked to join it a week ago and I'm yet to be accepted
Original post by BrandonHardy97
I've already asked to join it a week ago and I'm yet to be accepted

Oh really? thats strange!
You could also try posting your flat/room on the general Freshers group on Facebook, quite a few people tend to find their flatmates by doing that too :smile:
Reply 416
Anybody completed pre-arrival yet? I'm not in the UK yet, how do I get past the "local contact address" part?
Original post by Z4HL
Anybody completed pre-arrival yet? I'm not in the UK yet, how do I get past the "local contact address" part?

Hi,

You just put your current non-local address in. They'll update it later.
Hi does anybody know if Essex are lenient on Alevel results day. If so what grades did people get in with or the lowest that you know of? Thanksss so much. I really love Essex uni
you alright lads

Quick Reply