The Student Room Group

Medical School (AAB predictions)

Hi,

So I have been predicted AAB by my school in biology, maths and chemistry respectively.

My school isnt lenient with predictons at all and with a %UMS of 76%UMS in chemistry I now have a B prediction in chemistry.

My marks were as follows:

Unit 1: 76/120
Unit 2: 96/120
Unit 3: 56/60

I know applying to medical schools with AAB predictions is next to impossible.

I am currently in the process of remarking Chemistry Unit 1 and am awaiting the reply.

What options do I have ? (I am currently preparing for the UKCAT.)

Eg:

Resitting Chemistry 1? (Maybe)
Taking a gap year then applying with A2 grades in hand to UK universities and european universities.

I just want to study medicine and don't really care where. My only issue is a B prediction in chemistry due to my schools policy. I will try and convince my teachers however as I said my school's chemistry department has said what you get is what you are predicted as people havent met their predictions in the past. Any advice on convincing teachers?

I think working very hard next year and achieving very high A2 grades then taking a gap year and applying to UK and european universities with grades in hand is the way to go and I am considering resitting Chemistry unit 1 during my A2 year (I know some UK universities dont accept resits but many don't mind as long as the resits dont drag on past Year 13.)

Thanks in advance for any advice.
It seems like the chemistry prediction is actually quite reasonable given your UMS, I would be very surprised if they overturn it as they do have to be fair and honest.
Sorry what were your AS results overall?
Reply 2
Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for your reply man.

A in bio maths and geo but a B in chem.
Dropped geo to focus on other 3. I know the UMS is reasonable but the issue is my schools policy.
Reply 3
Original post by uniqsummer
It seems like the chemistry prediction is actually quite reasonable given your UMS, I would be very surprised if they overturn it as they do have to be fair and honest.
Sorry what were your AS results overall?

I remarked my Chemistry 1 and it went down from 228/300 to 226/300.

I am going to resit Chem 1 take a gap year and just apply here and europe.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest