The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Ask the University of Sheffield (2015 Applicants)

Scroll to see replies

Hi there,

I heard a rumour that the A100 medicine course starts on freshers week. Is that true? If so, what events might I miss and what can I still attend?

Thanks!
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
How do I know if my hall is mixed gender?
I'm in Birchen...
Original post by MeganAHolmes
Hi there,

I heard a rumour that the A100 medicine course starts on freshers week. Is that true? If so, what events might I miss and what can I still attend?

Thanks!

Hi Megan :smile:

There's an element of truth in the rumour . . . you need to be here for Intro Week (also known as Freshers Week) as there will be some introductory lectures and some health/DBS information to give out. However, these sessions work alongside the other stuff that is happening in Freshers so you won't miss out on anything. Your regular lecture timetable will start on Monday 28th September.

Good luck with packing and preparing to coming to Sheffield!

Elizabeth
UK/EU Student Recruitment Officer
Original post by Lissy14
How do I know if my hall is mixed gender?
I'm in Birchen...

Afternoon :smile:

We do have some apartments that are single gender as some students specifically request that accommodation. However, most of our apartments are mixed gender. The best way of finding out is to meet your flat mates via the Facebook groups that have been set up by our Accommodation team: http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/accommodation/social

Best regards

Elizabeth
Hi,

apologies if this is obscure but would I be able to find out the colour scheme (red, blue, yellow etc.) of the E block in Curbar Apartments? My reason for asking is in regards to purchasing items, such as bedding, for my room.

Thanks.
Original post by SeanKick
Hi,

apologies if this is obscure but would I be able to find out the colour scheme (red, blue, yellow etc.) of the E block in Curbar Apartments? My reason for asking is in regards to purchasing items, such as bedding, for my room.

Thanks.

I was in Curbar in 1st year and if I remember correctly E and F blocks are blue :smile:
Original post by super_kawaii
I was in Curbar in 1st year and if I remember correctly E and F blocks are blue :smile:

Thank you!
Original post by The University of Sheffield
Afternoon :smile:

We do have some apartments that are single gender as some students specifically request that accommodation. However, most of our apartments are mixed gender. The best way of finding out is to meet your flat mates via the Facebook groups that have been set up by our Accommodation team: http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/accommodation/social

Best regards

Elizabeth

Ok :smile:
Thanks
Hi! I'm moving to B3 Ramshaw soon to do law with crim. when do we find out when our first lectures are? Also, I don't suppose anyone knows the colour scheme of these flats?
Thanks
Original post by ladygrey0710
Hi! I'm moving to B3 Ramshaw soon to do law with crim. when do we find out when our first lectures are? Also, I don't suppose anyone knows the colour scheme of these flats?
Thanks

Hello :smile:
Thank you for your message. During Intro Week you will enrol for the modules you wish to take. Soon after you have enrolled you will receive your personalised timetable which will outline when your lectures are. I have spoken to the Accommodation Office about the colour of the flats and have informed me that the colours vary depending on room and block.

I hope this helps.
Best wishes
Nancy
Student Recruitment Administrator
Hi i have met both the conditions of my offer to study psychology and i have emailed them over to the requested address. Can you advise when i am likely to get confirmation of receipt please. I just want to make sure you received the email ok.

Kind regards

Katie

Posted from TSR Mobile
I called and got confirmation of my place now.

Katie

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Hi,

What's your rule on mini fridges in halls?

And does that change due to medical conditions? :smile:
Hi, where do we get more information about freshers week from and where can we buy the tickets ?
Original post by mandy123mandy123
Hi, where do we get more information about freshers week from and where can we buy the tickets ?

http://su.sheffield.ac.uk/what-s-on

Here's a link to all the events on during the first few weeks of term. You can buy tickets for events at the box office. It's best to find out which events your flat mates are going to so you can all coordinate :smile:
hi, i wanted to ask is there any financial support available for young carers
Hi Ive just confirmed my place at Sheffield through clearing but I haven't received an email from Sheffield about the information , and also when do I enrol ?
Original post by EducatedFH
hi, i wanted to ask is there any financial support available for young carers

Thank you for your message.

There is support available for young carers. All of the information and guidelines regarding this can be found here: http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/ssid/student/carers/finance2015

For more information please speak to the University's Financial Support Team. The email address you will need is: [email protected] I hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Nancy
Student Recruitment Assistant
Original post by Lissy14
Hi,

What's your rule on mini fridges in halls?

And does that change due to medical conditions? :smile:

Mini fridges are not permitted in halls. However, if a fridge is needed due to medical conditions then this rule does not apply. What you would need to do is email [email protected] with evidence of what the condition is and explain the situation. The University can then provide you with a mini fridge on this basis.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Nancy

Mini fridges are not permitted in halls. However, if a fridge is needed due to medical conditions then this rule does not apply. What you would need to do is email [email protected] with evidence of what the condition is and explain the situation. The University can then provide you with a mini fridge on this basis.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Nancy

I've been told by the accommodation office that they are allowed if they hold maximum of 4L. Can you clarify this?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending