The Student Room Group

A2 OCR Chemistry B F334 - June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EggsterminateMe
Bio Edexcel?
And Yes same. But you see, I'm scared to the point that I don't even think I can secure a B this year because Bio is my weakest subject. And I also got a U in unit 5 but ti's ridiculous because my whole class nearly got E's and U's but when they got it remarked, they went up about two grades so I'm just gonna pretend the examiners were drunk.

i tried remarking mine and it didnt budge, prerelease let me down i think. And yeh bio is my weakest atm, thought itd be my strongest but i gotta make sure unit 5 bangs cos if not.... and yeh so many ppl did bad last year in that paper idekw cos it was a decent paper come to think ofit, just had some trick questions, What did u get overall last year? I really hope my insurance let me in with last years grades if all else fails cos i dont wanna be redoing these exams again
Original post by anni101
i tried remarking mine and it didnt budge, prerelease let me down i think. And yeh bio is my weakest atm, thought itd be my strongest but i gotta make sure unit 5 bangs cos if not.... and yeh so many ppl did bad last year in that paper idekw cos it was a decent paper come to think ofit, just had some trick questions, What did u get overall last year? I really hope my insurance let me in with last years grades if all else fails cos i dont wanna be redoing these exams again

For my AS I got C for bio and D for A2 so retaking to fix that. I rejected my insurance last year and decided to take a gap year but now I'm really wanting to go to Uni so I'm just gonna hope for the best. But everytime I go onto TSR after the exam (My first mistake) I get depressed because my answers are no way close to the what other people get and then I start predicting ym score and it all goes downhill from there.
What did you get for 6bio5 last year and overall?
For my AS I got C for bio and D for A2 so retaking to fix that. I rejected my insurance last year and decided to take a gap year but now I'm really wanting to go to Uni so I'm just gonna hope for the best. But everytime I go onto TSR after the exam (My first mistake) I get depressed because my answers are no way close to the what other people get and then I start predicting ym score and it all goes downhill from there.
What did you get for 6bio5 last year and overall?

for AS i got a B, with resitting unit 1 and getting same grades and for A2 unit 4 C and unit 5 U so brought my overall grade down to a C. So need to get atleast Bs for unit 4 and unit 5 but didnt think unit 4 went too great tbh but then again I shouldnt base it on feelings as I thought unit 5 exam went great and did the worst I had ever done
Original post by anni101
for AS i got a B, with resitting unit 1 and getting same grades and for A2 unit 4 C and unit 5 U so brought my overall grade down to a C. So need to get atleast Bs for unit 4 and unit 5 but didnt think unit 4 went too great tbh but then again I shouldnt base it on feelings as I thought unit 5 exam went great and did the worst I had ever done

I got the same for unit 4. You must have done well for unit 6 then?
Same here. Last year F334 exam I thought I got an E because I hated it, but suprised myself with a C (Not that, it's much better)
I messed up on so many questions in F335. E.g. I put HNH bond is 120º when its 109º, put the yield doesn't change but the rate does, messed up on the whole of the cyclo :frown:. I'm preparing for my gap year already
I got the same for unit 4. You must have done well for unit 6 then?
Same here. Last year F334 exam I thought I got an E because I hated it, but suprised myself with a C (Not that, it's much better)

unit 6 the coursework?? and yeh I did pretty good that ngl but im better at coursework than in exams. I really want to score so well in unit 5 tomorrow, need an A to compensate for not resitting AS exams,
Original post by anni101
unit 6 the coursework?? and yeh I did pretty good that ngl but im better at coursework than in exams. I really want to score so well in unit 5 tomorrow, need an A to compensate for not resitting AS exams,

I did rubbish in the coursework so need this grade. Hopefully you can do it. Let's pray it's easy
Original post by Minecraft27
I reckon OCR are gonna be complete dicks and put an A as 65 or something.

They don't choose whatever grade boundary they want... They're a business. They need a certain amount of A*-E grades so that they'll be able to compete with the other exam boards. Sounds like very low grade boundaries this year
Does anyone have an unofficial mark scheme for this paper and F335? :smile:
Opinions on grade boundaries people?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MathsAddict
tri molecule

hey was the tri molecule the one mentioned in the first part of the question or was it di? i don't remember which one i put down as my answer but i know that i put down the one in the first part of question (as you know that they only talked about the second molecule in yhw later parts) thanks :smile:
Reply 971
Hey guys, here are the grade boundaries for this paper, tell me what you think!

A 65
B 59
C 53
D 48
E 43
How did every1 do?
Got an E in this but A overall

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ARotchell
Got an E in this but A overall

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wtf. I got a D in this and A overall.
[QUOTE=X

[QUOTE=X

how did you both do in f335?
115/120 in F335 which helped drag the grade up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Managed an A in this exam...no idea how!

Posted from TSR Mobile
hi guys, i have just started a2 and i was wonderin how hard the a2 coursework is??

please help.... i really need to get an a overall
Original post by harry4625
you will need 480/600 us to get an A over AS and A2. F334 A is normally 71/90 raw marks and F335 is normally 82/120 raw marks for an A(quite easy!) along with the CW which you could quite easily be getting 40+/45 (i got 43), so it does help if your AS score is quite high also.

hi i was wondering how hard a2 coursework , f334 and f335 are compared to as

just started a2 this month

thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending